Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Kept Apart

Why do I get the feeling that they'll keep Liverpool/Chelsea away from Arsenal in the draw for the League Cup? I'd love us to get Spurs but it's not gonna happen is it.... I think we'll get Chelsea when they beat Liverpool tonight.
Dave Trudgeon, Runcorn     Posted 19/12/2007 at 10:57:19

Comments

Phil Griffin
1   Posted 19/12/2007 at 12:54:21

Bring them on!!
Seth DeMerit
2   Posted 19/12/2007 at 13:01:23

whats the deal with the semis? Is it 2 legs or one match at a neutral.
Gary Creaney
3   Posted 19/12/2007 at 13:10:16

Semis are two legs which is why I fancy our chances of reaching the final cos we can take anyone at goodison. I?d love to get those RS wankers but I can?t see them getting by Chelsea tonight.
Steve Smith
4   Posted 19/12/2007 at 13:14:56

Not sure why anybody would ’want’ Tottenham right now, the last 3 games they have beaten Man City home and away, and beat an impressive Pompey side at Fratton Park. Whoever we get at this stage is going to be very tricky, but im sure no one fancies drawing us right now either COYB!
Tony Williams
5   Posted 19/12/2007 at 13:43:38

It is a knapp that we will get the Arsenil kids
John Crook
6   Posted 19/12/2007 at 13:46:58

We will get Arsenal in the semis, we will win at home and draw away and beat Chelsea in the final (we will be wearing blue and they will have some horrible yellow kit on) Trust me. i have seen the future
Seamus Murphy
7   Posted 19/12/2007 at 14:05:58

I wouldnt be afraid of Arsenal over two legs. Plus if they play their kids as they have done to date, our first team would put them in their place.
Alex Naylor
8   Posted 19/12/2007 at 14:37:42

Does anyone know if the draw is live anywhere tonight? I understand it is scheduled for 22:00 GMT.
John McMullan
9   Posted 19/12/2007 at 14:50:34

Who knows how the draw will work out. What would the odds have been for eight teams in the bag four from the North Lancashire and four from the South London and it comes out North v South for all four games.
Anyhow with a home and away fixture Everton must have a great chance no matter who. Been a long time since we could say that but upwards on onwards. COYB!
Steve Lyth
10   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:06:21

Deffo dont want Spurs over two legs at this time, much prefer eating Arsenals kids at home providing we didnt get a huge deficit down there
Marcus Dawson
11   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:09:50

Alex, it?s live on Sky at after the RS match. No one is actually suggesting that the draw is a fix are they? I think that?s one conspiracy too far, even for me. Don?t think it matters who we get at this stage, they?ll all be tough.
John McMullan
12   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:52:27

Marcus. No just saying what would be the odds of that happening............eh
Dave Lynch
13   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:52:53

if your gonna win it you got to beat what your given.
no excuses, just go and beat what?s served up.
David Barks
14   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:54:41

Once you reach the Semis any game is going to be tough. That is why it is so hard to win a trophy, the level of competition goes way up. If we want to win this we will have to beat two good teams, there is no way around that. But neither of these teams will be relishing facing us either. Do you think Spurs or Arsenal are sitting there hoping to face us, a team that has won 9 out of the last 11 games, while drawing Chelsea and Pompey away? I just hope we can be healthy.
Andy Callan
15   Posted 19/12/2007 at 16:40:05

Doesn’t matter who we get does it; they are all big clubs with half-decent teams on their day.

However gettin’ Spurs would suit us best.

I hope that shower get turned over tonight - BIG TIME.
Allan Hobbs
16   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:07:44

Carragher the babbling monkey has just skewed a Frank Lampshade scuffed shot into the RS net! Hahahaha!
Allan Hobbs
17   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:08:36

And now Crouch gets a straight red for a shocking tackle - both feet off the ground, flying into the back of Essien, at least I think it was Essien! This gets better!!
Allan Hobbs
18   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:39:21

And Sheva makes it 2! Great finish.
Peter Pickles
19   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:40:30

Thats it then, Everton v London. Bring them on..!!
Allan Hobbs
20   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:48:14

You can catch the draw here:

joe mcparland
21   Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:59:33

Its Chelski. !st leg away.
Danny Munro
22   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:00:57

It’s just been on Sky Sports News. It’s Chelsea. At the Bridge in the first leg. Bring it on. You don’t win cups without beating the best...
Allan Hobbs
23   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:11:22

1st leg away really helps us I reckon - we’ll have em, I can feel it in me water!
James Elworthy
24   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:28:55

Crouch’s tackle was like a poodle trying to impersonate a Rottweiler he will get Xmas off with his 3 match ban, Abigail will be booking the trip to New York now to take the beanpole xmas shopping
Tom Campbell
25   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:46:46

My dad supported Everton since 66. . . he reckons we'll beat them, I hope he's right. It will be my first time to see the team we love so much walk oWembly in the blue shirt of Everton not chelsea!!!! COME ON MOYESY, MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE, ONE LAST PUSH FOR GLORY!
Andy Callan
26   Posted 20/12/2007 at 07:37:55

Remember Dunc used to do it every year; punch smeone in the gob around Christmas-time and get a 3-match-ban, just in time for the festivities... Ha ha ha ha.

They were the days eh....?!?!?!?
ian tunny
27   Posted 20/12/2007 at 10:47:39

you were right dave. Its typical really.
dave trudgeon
28   Posted 20/12/2007 at 13:37:59

I should really do the lottery shouldn’t I, I have magical powers haha
Keith Glazzard
29   Posted 20/12/2007 at 16:59:22

Dave - 5live was on the radio last night. I wasn’t paying that much attention (except perhaps for shite excuses, which I enjoyed) but someone said ’The sponsors will want to keep Chelsea and Arsenal apart’. And with the news of the draw - ’Well, would you believe it ....’
dave trudgeon
30   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:57:32

anyone who doesn’t think its a fix needs to look at the last time the top two teams in the country met each other before the QF
it just doesn’t happen
have arsenal ever got man utd in the 3rd round of anything?????