Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Pride of Merseyside

Everton vs London. Well, that's it then, we've just got to win the cup.

From the 5Live commentary it sounded like Liverpool were very upset that they got a red card for what was described as a two-footed lunge. You'd think Beneathcontempt could have told them Twattenberg wasn't reffing.
Keith Glazzard, Fallowfield     Posted 19/12/2007 at 21:39:12

Comments

Steve Lyth
1   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:10:28

Blue is the colour.... And its going to be the Merseyside shade that wins through. Good result down there and let them see what support is like at a white hot Goodison. Bring em on, its loadsa money versus Tony broke and its gonna be great!
Paul Lovatt
2   Posted 19/12/2007 at 22:11:03

Chelsea it is then, let's all look forward to this two leg semi, it's in the right order away first, keep it to a draw there or better a win and then back to GP to book our place in the final. Not many teams will be looking forward to playing us at present, we are a tough team to beat who can score goals. COYB
Frank Malone
3   Posted 19/12/2007 at 23:36:26

Just heard Ratface Benitez on Sky Sport saying that Crouch is appealing his red card for his kung fu assault on Mikel at Stamford Bridge tonight. He's claiming mistaken identity....... he thought Clattenburg was the ref!
Alex Crayford
4   Posted 20/12/2007 at 00:38:04

Everton: Without the 'big 4' - 4/1 Win Carling Cup - 5/1 Eufa Cup - 14/1 FA Cup - 22/1 These are best prices available, special multiples on the above may be available with your bookmaker (you'll be told you can't have multiples unless you specifically request for a for a 'special' price).
Dave Wilson
5   Posted 20/12/2007 at 07:11:32

Alex
We’ve got our works do tonight, can you find out what odds I’ll get for Raffa working on our table
Andy Callan
6   Posted 20/12/2007 at 07:34:20

It was an awful challenge; the beanpole deserved to get sent off coz he simply lost his head.

The Waiter defended the challege and said it was a ’turning point’; well of course it was.

They are out and it is as simple as that, so he’d better get used to it.

I think if we can put a performance in at the Bridge then we have a great chance of beating Chelski. Without Dogma they aren’t as potent up front.

COYB
Mike Hughes
7   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:01:16

It’s typical of the RS to defend their crimes. Crouch’s tackle was a straight red. End of story. Kuyt’s tackle in the Merseyside derby should also have been a straight red. I could go on and on but it’s the festive season so I won’t bother. But Beneathus’s comments justifying the tackle after the match made me sick. I hope his comments come back to haunt him. Having said that, I think he’s doing a great job and hope he signs a 10-year contract. COYB.
Mike Hughes
8   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:01:16

Mike Hughes
9   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:04:59

I just read Frank Malone’s comment above re: mistaken identity - nice one!!!
ed casey
10   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:18:15

Just wondering - will Essien, Mikel, Drogbha and Kalou all be off to AFCON? Although on current form I’d fancy or chances anyway i think that with these loses that would even things up with us losing Yak, Yobo and Pienaar!

According to F365 Benitez is complaining because Crouch was provoked! Thats makes what he did alright then does it rafa?
Ray Robinson
11   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:44:43

We are not just going to be without Yakubu , Yobo and Pienaar though are we?. We have lost Osman for six weeks also and that will be a big disruption to our team and without sounding pessimistic I think losing those key players could well cost us our chance of getting the glory we may well have got if we had a full squad to pick.. No doubt tonight we will see what we HAVE NOT been missing when the likes of McFadden and Hibbert are brought back in..This has been a great run we have been on but I cant help to think our biggest test is from December 23 to January 21 when that second leg of the semi final ends..
Adam Carey
12   Posted 20/12/2007 at 09:47:23

I suppose we all knew that to win this competition we’d have to play one of the usual suspects. The fact it’s us vs London gives us some bragging rights this season. COYB...
Just one other point. At least when we have a player sent off for a wreckless challenge you can see in Moyes eyes he’s pissed off and that he’ll tell it like it is. If we don’t play well and lose it aint down to the ref or being provoked. Moyes and the team, I salute you.
Graham Eaves
13   Posted 20/12/2007 at 10:08:48

It was a blatant red card - two footed, from behind and two foot off the floor - Oh, hang on a minute, wasn’t that what Kuyt did against Neville!?
Dave Griffin
14   Posted 20/12/2007 at 10:22:44

The fat Spanish waiter proved yet again last night that he is the biggest arsehole in football today ? and that?s saying something as there is plenty of competition. The man has no style, no standards (except double ones), no class and no integrity. I?m only sorry that we won?t have the opportunity of rubbing his and their noses in it in the semi-final, but hey ? let?s just enjoy their latest shambles. Seeing as this is the festive season I have decided to be generous in my assessment of the odious, obnoxious twats from over the park. Once the season of goodwill is over I will say what I really think. Come on you blues!
Gavin Ramejkis
15   Posted 20/12/2007 at 10:57:16

What’s more appalling is that bastard Manuel saying he has seen worse get just a yellow card or less, he must be talking about most of what his bastards have gotten away with just like Dirk Cunt’s straight red that he didn’t get.
Nick Entwistle
16   Posted 20/12/2007 at 11:13:25

You can’t blame Liverpool players getting heated on the pitch. They never know who’s house is next to be broken into...
Patty Beesley
17   Posted 20/12/2007 at 12:11:56

I have two bosses - both Liverpool supporters. One saw the game last night and the other didn?t. Conversation in my presence went like this :

Gerrard didn?t play then. Didn?t see the game, what were we like. Other boss: Hard done by - played well and as for Crouch getting sent off well it wasn?t that bad a tackle, he had been having a bit of aggro before he did it, you couldn?t really call it a two footed lunge more like he wrapped his legs around the Chelsea player.!!

The mind boggles it really does!! As he went to go up the stairs, I said "What he means is Liverpool were shite and the tackle was as bad as the one Kuyt did against Neville and he was allowed to stay on the field. Up to the blue team of Merseyside now- only team other than Arsenal to get a draw at Stamford Bridge this season, you know that "small" team in Liverpool"

I saw on Sky Sports News this morning that LFC might not now get the money for their new Stadium as they can?t raise the dosh.

Been quite a week for the bastards hasn?t it?
James Elworthy
18   Posted 20/12/2007 at 12:28:02

After his inane comments following the derby, Benitez sunk to new depths in defending Crouch for his kamikaze lunge at Mikkel. Even the most ardent Kopite today has told me it was a straight red.
So what he had a couple of guys at him prior to the tackle but that is no excuse for a 2 footed assault on a player. To actually say the player was provoked is like saying because some kid kicked the tire on your car you were perfectly within your rights to run him over.
If you read the Telegraph today you will note just how much of a financial mess the RS are in with their American owners, this new stadium wont happen it is going to get so expensive with the continued postponements. The waiter will have no money for Jan transfers and with 17m having to be found for Mascharano with the third party payoff I would be very surprised if he was signed.
The meeting last week was purely papering the cracks I would be surprised if Benitez will be manager next season.
And for any burglars out there dont bother trying to rob Crouchs house this Xmas as he will be home painting the ceiling without a stepladder this holiday season with his 3 match ban.
Colin Garland
19   Posted 20/12/2007 at 13:26:05

I think it is totally unfair that Peter Crouch got sent off, after all he only did what Stephen Gerrard has been getting away with every game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rob jones
20   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:31:29

i get nervous everytime RS do something wrong because we usually get the brunt of the punishment whenever a RS steps out of line, have i finally caught the ever popular pessimist bug or do others think the way i do?