Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Share and Shared Disslike?

Shared Stadium Anyone? Now that Stanley Park has gone tits up (always confused me that analogy, isn?t it a disaster when your tits start dropping? What do I know) and we are being sold a manifest disaster outside the city should we not reconsider a ground share on Stanley Park?

Pool our resources. Build a truly fantastic stadium for the city and our club?

I am in a good mood at the moment as I am sure many of us are, and charitable at this time of year?
Paul Ramsey, Upholland     Posted 20/12/2007 at 15:07:35

Comments

Steve Ashton
1   Posted 20/12/2007 at 14:02:58

Perhaps we should be glad that we have a chairman, who for all his faults is a true blue and hasn't sold out.

The move to Kirkby might not be everyones cup of tea, but it is affordable (apparently) with Tesco's help and we will retain our integrity..... a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/20/sfnfro120.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox" target="_blank">unlike Liverpool apparently.

Jay Harris
2   Posted 20/12/2007 at 15:54:10

Yeah Steve.
Maybe the RS are no so hard up they will consider a remote woolyback area adjoined to a supermarket with no transport links.
A shared superstadium in the city makes enormous sense but unfortunately unlike the 80?s there is now such animosity between the clubs it will not happen.
Jay Harris
3   Posted 20/12/2007 at 15:54:10

Yeah Steve.
Maybe the RS are now so hard up they will consider a remote woolyback area adjoined to a supermarket with no transport links.
Keith Glazzard
4   Posted 20/12/2007 at 15:53:37

I don’t know if our club would ever cooperate with the shite to this extent.

I feel more confident in saying that they would never cooperate with us to any extent, and certainly not if they thought it would strengthen us in any way.
Allan Hobbs
5   Posted 20/12/2007 at 16:14:13

Putting the anymosity to one side, its always been the most sensible idea for both clubs; look at Milan.

I’ve always favoured it and I know that makes people think Im a twat but there you go. It’d be great for everyone but I doubt it’d ever happen.
Neil McKinney
6   Posted 20/12/2007 at 16:09:12

Do new stadiums bring that much to a club other than slightly more pleasant surroundings and facilities? Are there any examples that we can look to as a comparison? Because to be honest, from what I have read since this fucking debate began, building a new stadium is nothing but hassle and long-term debt, not to mention the unrest it has created amongst our fans. So we rubbish the Kirkby idea, but the redevelopment of GP is just as littered with pitfalls and we can’t finance that either.

All this leads me to thinking fuck it, I’ll put up with the shitty seat in the Bullens and rubbish facilities, I’ll make the sacrifice to ensure that we don’t take on rediculous amounts of debt and end up with a tin pot stadium, as long as my beloved EFC can carry on and I can still come and watch. Hang on, someone else is telling us we’re fucked if we don’t tap into new revenue streams, we’ll never keep up and we won’t be able to finance transfers.

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t, depending on what you believe. Spin here, spin there and piles of stinking lies everywhere! What ever happened to football? RIP the beautiful game.

If it wasn’t for the cracking form on the pitch and the pleasant brand of football we are playing, I think I would have lost all hope!!

Here’s to continued success on the pitch to ease the pain of the stadium debate.

COYB!!
Dave Griffin
7   Posted 20/12/2007 at 16:36:50

As I have said before - I wouldn?t share a fucking Kit-Kat with those bastards, never mind a ground. End of. Do you really want to watch the blues from The Kop every other week in a stadium decked out in red? No, me neither.
Jeff Leahey
8   Posted 20/12/2007 at 16:38:32

I’m looking forward to seeing that smug twat Rick Parry’s face trying to explain the hold up with the stadium . I’d love to see him begging Bill for a groundshare,and hear Bill telling him to piss off
Paul Waring
9   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:00:02

Paint the seats green?????
Tom Hughes
10   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:02:37

Its possibly true that this city is probably the most suited to the prospect sharing for certain reasons, however before we go running towards our purple-seated nirvanna, I’ll just post what I submitted last week to a similar thread.........

I am wary of groundshare, as I feel it can dilute identity, and there have been times when that has been all we had to cling to. People regularly refer to Italian clubs by way of an example.... has it really benefitted Lazio and Roma? Has it benefitted Torino.... or even Juventus for that matter? If so why are, or have all these clubs actively looked for their own stadia. Even the Milan clubs have also done similar recently. Did Wimbledon or Charlton thrive while sharing (1 died, the other nearly died), albeit someone else?s stadium? Did Man City thrive when Man Utd shared Maine Rd post war, whereupon Utd gained a foothold in their territory and became the bigger club overall? A lot of variables have to align for it to truly work IMO. Each club has to be the equal partner, otherwise the other becomes the poor relation, the lodger..... Equality is surely a contradiction in any competitive relationship, we aspire to be better than the other. Your stadium is a major part of your identity, and I?m not sure 2 club?s identities can be really rationalised into one stadium (even if it changes colour), however beneficial it may appear in the short term. Identity is absolutely priceless, and based on much more than the colour of our kits, which would be the only tangible difference between our clubs if we were to share!!
Harry Meek
11   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:11:49

It seems to me that building a new stadium-which ever club it is-is really a devise for spending all the extra revenue you attract on interest payments-or in our case rent!
The man who said is it all worth it has got me thinking!
Gavin roberts
12   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:14:11

Purple!
Steve Ashton
13   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:17:40

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No NoNo No No No No No No NoNo No No No No No No No NOT EVER NEVER!
Keith Glazzard
14   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:41:19

Steve - are you sure?
Peter Pickles
15   Posted 20/12/2007 at 17:46:14

We have no resources to pool!!!
Seamus Murphy
16   Posted 20/12/2007 at 18:09:18

anyone know when the draw for the next round of the Uefa cup takes place??
James Elworthy
17   Posted 20/12/2007 at 18:21:36

The draw for the UEFA Cup and Champions League knock out stages takes place Friday
Paul Ramsey
18   Posted 20/12/2007 at 18:45:21

Colour of the seats is a massive issue, perhaps we need to adopt a German standing policy, problem solved??

As to identity, both clubs have thrived off what they have in common with each other in terms of location and closeness of stadiums ect ect etc...analfield and stanley park being our old grounds!!

why not have a grand vision encompassing stanley park that satisfies both our terms visions of granduer.

Everton can have a grand entrance encompassing the tower at the goodison park end. That side of the ground can house our shop, our facilities ect ect ect, and our end of the ground if necessary.

Maybe?
Paul Ramsey
19   Posted 20/12/2007 at 18:45:21

Maybe?
Steve Carter
20   Posted 20/12/2007 at 21:02:02

Economically and on all other objective bases, this is a no brainer. Why (in these times of Global warming) have two facilities costing gazillions in building and upkeep costs, lying unused half the time, when with one you can more or less half the cost and obtain full utilisation? Can’t issues like colour of seats and other livery be sensibly worked through?
Peter Fearon
21   Posted 20/12/2007 at 21:41:37

I’m not against ground sharing in principle, a la the San Siro, but ground sharing implies sharing the costs and the Dark Side stadium is just too costly. Let the bastards bankrupt themselves and price their own fans out of buying tickets. And remember something. The size was increased by 15,000 seats in anticipation of our fan base being eroded over the next decade by our retreat from the city. A plague on them and a plague on the effort to turn us into ’Kirkby Stanley’
Brian Garside
22   Posted 20/12/2007 at 22:37:39

On taking my so on the stadium tour andfirst match at Goodison,when I asked Mr Hickson on his personal view on the stadium move he answered simply "Goodison is ours,Anfield is ours even Stanley Park is ours. Why should we move?So if you check your history the man is right. It would appear that the city council refuse to see this.
Will the City Council please enlighten me on what they see.
Dick Fearon
23   Posted 20/12/2007 at 21:59:16

Another downturn in the world financial situation could see the entire much vaunted New Analfield go arse up. If that happens is there any chance we could share the new Kirkby stadium with our dear near neighbours. Hee, hee.
Paul Turner
24   Posted 21/12/2007 at 08:57:36

Royal Blue seats at our end, red at theirs; down one side, white seats with the stadium name picked out in blue seats, on the other side, yellow seats with the name in red. Both clubs’ colours thus incorporated. Simple.
Rob Jones
25   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:04:25

If we were to share a stadium I think the seats would probably be red blue red blue going across in rows, however i will be hoping that we don?t have to share with them.

Also on a different subject why the hell has mittal bought 20% of QPR? whats so good about them, surely we would be a much better option for him