Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Best Atmosphere?

Now that I am earning money I am planning on going to Goodison at least once a month. I was just wondering if any of you could tell me which matches usually have the best atmosphere as I can't really remember it too good as I haven't had a season ticket in years.
Rob Jones, Wrexham     Posted 21/12/2007 at 09:33:20

Comments

Ones that we play well in and win?
rob jones
1   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:04:39

thank you for that constructive comment... not lol
James Elworthy
2   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:16:40

I would say the Chelsea and Brann games will have good atmospheres as both cup games and night matches.
Oldham will be a quiet atmosphere unless something untoward happens like a dodgy ref or some crunching tackles.
The Birmingham game was a bit of a damp squid and then 2 goals at the end and the place was buzzing, mind you about 5000 people had gone home by then.
Neil McKinney
3   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:27:49

You’re not wrong there James. I was in the Upper Bullens when Birmingham equalised on about 80 minutes and about 40 people around us got up and left!!! It was disappointing to leak a goal having controlled the game, but with 10-15 mins left and at home?

Fucking idiots! Well they paid for it cos it went mental in GP when we scored the late goals and as always, it was great to see Vaughany score!

I live in Leeds though and only manage to get across about 10 times a season (probably will be more this season with all the comps we’re still in) so I savour each and every moment in GP! :)
Kieran Fitzgerald
4   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:54:36

I could never understand people leaving that early. The cost of going to a game is getting higher and higher, and there are only a small amount of home games every season. It?s one thing if we?re getting a hammering but one all with over ten minutes left is rediculous.
James Elworthy
5   Posted 21/12/2007 at 18:32:07

Besides leaving early how many people especially in the Park End because they are easier to notice go for a cup of tea 10 mins before half time. How many goals do they miss.
Bring a flask and your own pie it tastes better, you save a fortune, dont get jostled in a queue and wont miss the action
helen thompson
6   Posted 21/12/2007 at 19:36:36

Can somebody tell me how you’re allowed to take in a flask when the stewards remove a plastic bottle top off your soft drink.
Dave Roberts
7   Posted 21/12/2007 at 21:00:19

Everton v Clattenburg is usually good for atmosphere.
Lue Glover
8   Posted 23/12/2007 at 08:44:13

Yes Helen i’d like to know the logic in that one too. I see a few people with flasks and wonder how they got in with that tucked under their jumper?
Perhaps the stewards think that anyone who is so sad as to bring a flask with them would never dream of doing anything unpleasant with it!

Best atmosphere? Anywhere near me when the Blues are doing well!

Come on lads, it’s a tough one today but we can do it!