Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Man Utd ? Can the worm turn?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs. Home or away if we were playing any of these on Sunday I'd be confident that the boys would be able to battle out a well deserved draw or if they really played well ? a win. But Man Utd... we never beat them. And they always always beat us home or away, no matter how well we are playing, no matter how many goals up we go against them. They are definately our bogey team ? and I can't stand it ? esp when Rooney scores against us.

But are we in a position now where we can nick a point at old trafford ? OR even better?! If we won on Sat it be our greatest result since i dont now when. What do u think - can we do it?
Seth DeMerit, London     Posted 21/12/2007 at 11:05:31

Comments

grant
1   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:36:10

I agree, if we won on saturday that would an incredible result as we dont play until sunday!
Marcus Dawson
2   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:36:53

Seth, I think they?re the best team in the league and I fancy they?ll run out champions, so if we get anything out of this game it will be a result.
Lee Penswick
3   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:55:28

Out of interest Seth, why did you mention spurs alongside the media 4?I know theyre are loved by the media aswell.But they are 12th for christ sake.I would expect nothing less than a win against the most overrated club in England.
chris keightley
4   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:57:57

I have a feeling we may nick all three points, catching them cold early on, maybe Yak scoring, then hanging on like bastards for 70 odd mins both teams are in good form maybe they will under estimate just how big the spirit at the club is right now
dave trudgeon
5   Posted 21/12/2007 at 14:57:15

I’d be dancing all sinday night if we got anything from this game.
they ALWAYS beat us.
i reckon 1-1 with us scoring first will be the result.
Stefan Tosev
6   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:03:29

Is it just me or Big Dunchas recently taken the piss out of Rio
Dave Wilson
7   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:32:02

Guys
Not long ago we couldnt win a fucken argument in London, now we see it as a fun day out, records and stats are there to be changed, I think we’ll beat the Mancs and I cant wait till Sunday
Jay C
8   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:43:14

We dont always lose to Man U, 2 of the last 3 seasons weve drawn at Old Trafford and we beat them at Goodison in 2005 with that sweet Big Dunc goal remember. So all in all weve done ok against them in the last few years. A point this Sunday wouldnt surprise me at all, a win certainly would though!
ed casey
9   Posted 21/12/2007 at 15:55:56

Lawro seems to think we’re gonna get beat on Sunday. Apparently, the Mancs have had there feet up whilst we’ve had a Euro excursion in the week to contend with!
BUT...with the naughty red devils hitting the tabs for all the wrong reasons this week I think they could be going into the game demoralised and with a lack of concentration. Playing Man U is always going to be a tough fixture but I fancy our chances on sunday about as much as the fat lad fancies banging a granny!
COYB!
dave trudgeon
10   Posted 21/12/2007 at 16:10:46

has anyone else noticed a lot of things going our way this season (apart from clattenburg).
we get a great draw in the uefa, decent draws in the league cup and we play the diificult teams when they have something else going on. for example we went to pompey while the dodgy harry thing was goin on, now we go to old trafford with the papers concentrating on a rape.
i think we have got a bit of luck on our side this year which is always good
Nick Xenos
11   Posted 21/12/2007 at 16:23:11

I think that with our current form, we can definitely cause an upset. The only facts that concern me are Osman’s unavailability and Carsley playing 90 minutes against AZ. I hope Cars can recover in time because he is going to need to be on top of his game if we are to get anything.
Gordon Blair
12   Posted 21/12/2007 at 19:33:33

I think we can do it... I really do.

But do you know what I want? I want us to beat them and then NOT bring out a DVD out of it the next week... it’s fucking embarrassing for Christ’s sake.

Please, just lets stuff em, and then say "yep, that’s us, we used to do this sort of thing all the time, and we’re going to start doing it again, get used to it"

That’s what I want for Christmas, Santa
Srdjan Sekulic
13   Posted 21/12/2007 at 21:07:47

Seth,

Nice Idea... but, Gordon -- to the max! Yeah, why not... We were there 20+ years ago (when I started this affair anyway) - why not now!? Nobody is destined - there are just teams building and ones being torn apart. Right now, we’re on right track. Sunday’s game is one for proving us right or... Damn, whatever happens. But, are not someone’s breed, that should be our path. We were there and we did it.. and we’ll do it again.... everybody knows it!

Why not now?
Dick Fearon
14   Posted 21/12/2007 at 21:43:39

One of my favourite memories is our 4-0 hammering of the Busby Babes at OT in the late 50s. In relative terms I would rate the Babes far superior to the current United. Also I reckon this Everton side is stronger than ours on that memorable day.
As a great man once said, ’We have nothing to fear except fear itself.’
I am relishing the prospect of a great game with us coming out on top.
kieranfitzgerald
15   Posted 21/12/2007 at 23:11:47

Dave T. I know what you mean. This weekend all the teams around us are playing each other so even if we drop points against Utd our league placing shouldnt suffer that much. We had the same luck with results in the second half of the season we finished fourth with teams always losing points when we did.
Jalil Noor
16   Posted 21/12/2007 at 23:44:00

If the lads go out with the belief that they can beat manure and go guns ablazing from the get go, i dont see why we cant get a result. we have done it before against better teams or against the odds like beating spurs at the lane with ten men or drawing against chelsea with that cahill goal. its all down to motivation and self belief. the lads are in high spirit and its gona be a good game.

"who the fuck is man united........"
Dave Wilson
17   Posted 22/12/2007 at 05:46:36

Jalil
Quite
Brendan McLaughlin
18   Posted 23/12/2007 at 00:26:00

But we are all missing the point here boys. In the past when we went to United at best we felt if they were off their game we might come away with a point or even, if fortune smiled, a win.

Now we know if Man. U. ain’t on their game, we can take them & even if they are, we will give them a game.
Doug Nestor
19   Posted 23/12/2007 at 07:50:37

Im sitting here...........its midnight cant go to bed cant do anything in case any one hears me..........got 4 hours till the game............just started me 2nd keg of heineken....she?s gonna kill me.........do you know what ???this is my life of being an Evertonian over here.........no one else gets it but me and my 2 lads...........I love the BLUES and always will no matter where I am.......COYB..........LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!