Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Valencia

Moyes has been after a solid 'hard' midfielder with the likes of Essien/Parker/Sissoko for years now. It's obvious that we need to replace Carsley who, at the age of 34 will be lucky to last the season, never mind next -- hands up who wants Neville there??

Otherwise we also need to bring in a player who superseeds Arteta/Pienaar/Osman, or is at least as good as them. I feel that these 2 types of midfielder arre required for us to progress to the next level.

It's unusual to see a team suddenly start to implode as Valencia are doing at the moment and of course this takes an extra bit of interest for us Evertonians when we see Fernandes suffering there.

They have some great players, and noticably some strong midfielders too--Joaquin/Fernandes/Baraja/Albelda would be the most suitable for us. Of these, Joaquin was bought for 25mil Euros and Baraja is 32 years old.

Surely the rumours must be true? Fernandes(AM) and Albelda(DM) to Everton? This would make Arteta very happy as of course Albelda is watched for Spain and Fernandes is another ball-player.

Playing 5 games or more in La Liga means than you can't transfer in the same season to another Spanish club -- cut price deals for them both???
Mark Cassin, Singapore     Posted 24/12/2007 at 14:24:59

Comments

Michael Kenrick
WARNING... FM ALERT!!!
Declan McCarthy
1   Posted 24/12/2007 at 19:15:55

Would like to see Fernandes back especially with Ossie or Cahill out, I don’t believe he ever wanted to leave anyway, Albelda is a quality player, vast experience at the highest level, even at my age I still believe in Santa Claus, I’ve written my list and sent it in the post. I love this site, Mery Christmas my fellow blues,hope to meet you all in Dublin this year.
Graham Eaves
2   Posted 24/12/2007 at 20:16:18

Things may get a little spicy as it’s rumoured Koeman is a big fan of Arteta’s. Have to be careful we don’t get burnt....
Danny Mullally
3   Posted 24/12/2007 at 20:19:33

Graham....Shhhhhhhhhhhh! He might be still writing his fucking wish list for santa.......
rob jones
4   Posted 24/12/2007 at 20:46:35

just wondering why MK shouts out FM alert everytime Albelda is mentioned? Is he a mint player on Football manager or something?
Wayne Smyth
5   Posted 24/12/2007 at 21:06:35

I disagree with your choice of midfielders from that team. Only Albelda is in the shop window and he is 30 I think, the others are either too old or likely to cost a small fortune.

However valencia do have a certain Stephen Sunday. He is a top quality central midfielder who is only 19 I think, which is why he hasn’t played too many games for them, however he is reputed to have fantastic potential and many bigger clubs were after him before valencia managed to snap him up.

I would hope that this is the kind of player Moyes might be looking at as a long term addition, and given that he’s only played 4 league games for them this season, he could well be available.

Ric Wallace
6   Posted 24/12/2007 at 21:52:42

Wayne, it is well known within Spain that Koeman has a black list of players:

Canizares
Albelda
Angulo

They make up the top three.

The rest are:

Manuel Fernandes
Zigic
Vicente
Baraja

I keep a very close eye on the Spanish league having lived there previously for 5 years and it is common word in Spain that Valencia are in turmoil.

However Koeman will not leave anytime soon as, similar to our situation, he is very close to the President.

Therefore those players listed above will be off- the "hinchas" have accepted it. Until Koeman is gotten shot of, they have little say in the matter.

Interestingly, not trying to stoke the FM fires, they had a lengthly discussion about Valencia tonight on Revista del La Liga and Guillem Balague mentioned that Albelda has received offers from us and Bolton, whilst we are close to resigning Fernandes for the season.

Just thought I’d clear up the Valencia player situation though.