Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

McFadden and Marseille

Just seen on the Rumour Mill that Marseilles are the latest club to show an interest in James McFadden. Straight swap for Cisse, anyone?
John Murphy, Liverpool     Posted 27/12/2007 at 19:23:46

Comments

Gavin Ramejkis
1   Posted 27/12/2007 at 22:22:18

No thanks, hes not known as KitKat legs for nothing
Chris Jones (Wakefield)
2   Posted 27/12/2007 at 23:52:50

While it’s not quite Scotland, Jamsie might hang on to see what happens at Newcastle. Big Sam is under threat and I read in The Guardian that Joey Barton is in custody after a fracas in Liverpool. Funny how some on here were bleating we should have gone after both these guys, and they could both soon be available again!
Stig Meacham
3   Posted 28/12/2007 at 00:10:57

It’s true, Barton fucked himself yet again. Unbelievable. He makes a gazillion pounds a year and decides it’d be fun to get in a fight. God I’m glad we didn’t buy that pig.
Brendan Fox
4   Posted 28/12/2007 at 10:39:46

I didn’t realise The Stig was an Evertonian! Fair play The Stig not only a top driver but has good taste too! Anyway me thinks that we got off lucky when Barton chose greed over success when he joined the Barcodes. What was one of the main reasons he cited as wanting to move out of the North West area "to concentrate on my football". Joey will probably now be serving some time at her majestys pleasure with this latest incident as well as his pending court case for assaulting former teammate Dabo at Shitee. Seems like some people just never learn.
Brendan Fox
5   Posted 28/12/2007 at 10:47:01

Gavin that was a pure moment of comedy "Kitkat Legs" did make me chuckle!
Dave Trudgeon
6   Posted 28/12/2007 at 12:52:14

I?ll hold my hands up
I spat out my dummy when we didn?t sign Barton. he is an Evertonian and a good player with it!
i thought to myself "with a strong manager he will be potentially world class and keep himself out of trouble"
He?s proved me wrong!
He?s a good player but he is a headcase!
I honestly don?t understand though, these players basically sacrifice their childhood from the age of 8 upwards to play, train, eat well, not drink, not be allowed to play for school teams, climb trees and be reckless kids and stuff and then he goes and blows it when his hard work has let him achieve his goal
It's crazy!!!!!
Ian Tunny
7   Posted 28/12/2007 at 14:16:20

Ha ha hard work! hes got the best job in the world, he played football from a young age like all the other kids for the fun of it and the praise he gets for doing well. He hasnt made that many sacrifices. The sacrifice to me was to come in off the street from playing football to do my homework, were as he probably didnt make that sacrifice and carried on playing. And dont be fooled into thinking he wasnt reckless as a youngster thats propbably why it took himself so long to establish himself and why he didnt make it at everton. And as for drinking iv seen him out twice drinking in the city centre, two of my friends got a key ring done with him.
Dave Trudgeon
8   Posted 28/12/2007 at 14:34:56

I?ve got mates who are pros and they have sacrificed.
He drinks now, that's obvious.
He?s lost his mind now.
Took him a long time to be established? ... You jokin?
He was a first team player at a prem club when he was 20!
Ian Tunny
9   Posted 28/12/2007 at 15:14:27

He?s only a couple of years younger than Gerrard but seems hes been around half the time, hes only started getting any recognition in his final couple of season at Man City. Yes he probably has made minute sacrificers like Rooney in an interview when he said he couldnt go the pictures with his mates coz he had to go football training, Ha i dont think that compares to the sacrifices doctors and the likes have had to make studying long hours and like a friend of mine even on his 21st birthday or not being able to visit there mother dying in hospital because their so busy like another friend of mine had to. There doing something theyv loved from childhood and are on thousands of pounds, there the lucky few who made it, so they should have to make sacrifices
Dave Trudgeon
10   Posted 28/12/2007 at 15:49:51

Have I said they shouldn?t sacrifice?
I just find it strange that after doing it he has made such a mess of his life
Joe McParland
11   Posted 28/12/2007 at 18:09:02

Just read on sky sports website that one J.Barton esq. has been remanded in custody until Jan.3. Thank Moyes we dint sign him.
dave lawley
12   Posted 29/12/2007 at 10:18:19

cisse! are you fuckin joking?