Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Xabi Alonso

I have absolute, undisputable black and white proof that Alonso will be an Everton player within a month.

The fee is ?19m, which is approximately £14m GBP.

The proof is an obvious format which I can't provide, as I, among others, will be sacked. It is so frustrating that I cannot provide any proof. The exact amount is a £14m one-off fee and estimated £750k compensation (I suspect to pay off Alonso's contract?)

You heard this here first!
Thomas Darin, Liverpool     Posted 28/12/2007 at 00:45:24

Comments

Lyndon
Hmmm... Established Premier League player? Check.
Settled in the northwest? Check.
From the higher-calibre pool of players that Moyes says he will now be shopping in? Check.
Friends with an existing Everton player? Check.
Central midfielder? Check.
... Transfer silly season? Check.

Too good not to publish in the event it's true but the author of this submission ("Thomas Darin" is a pseudonym) has so far failed to respond to e-mailed requests for further information so, for now, we're putting this down as a Kopite ruse.

Sur Jo
1   Posted 28/12/2007 at 06:45:15

14 million! It will be ridiculous and financially suicidal if we do a transaction like that. We need a holding midfielder to replace Phil Carsley. We have a system that we play and we just need someone who can stop the opposition from passing the ball around in our half and who knows how to make short passes to other players around him. To pay 14 million for Xabi to do that for us is too costly. Vogel can do the job. MF would be a better proposition than Xabi. I think Downing is the man upon whom Moyes will splash the cash.
Nik Hopkins
2   Posted 28/12/2007 at 07:23:25

I wish people would stop mentioning the name Downing on this site!!!!!
Eric Myles
3   Posted 28/12/2007 at 08:11:16

If he’s going from one English club to another English club why would the transfer fee be priced in Euros? Especially given the risk of exchange rate volatility before the signing can take place.
Bert Trautman
4   Posted 28/12/2007 at 08:16:38

And his wages? Bet he is on more than the squad combined.
Nigel Tufnel
5   Posted 28/12/2007 at 08:25:17

Funny, today’s April Fool’s Day equivalent here in Spain.
Chris Masey
6   Posted 28/12/2007 at 09:21:09

From the RS. He hasn’t played that much this year I have to say, so maybe?? Wow, that would be a shrewd signing, but I suspect he would have to sit down and 100% declare he wants to leave!
Alan Clarke
7   Posted 28/12/2007 at 09:28:59

I think of all the rumours I’ve read on here over the different transfer silly seasons, this is the most ridiculous.

I remember all this crap when we were supposed to be signing Riqueleme. The different everton fans websites were polluted with ’them’ pretending to be people in the know saying Riquelme had definitely signed. Even Skysports were hooked by it. Let them have their fun and games but don’t believe a word of it.

Even if they decided to sell Alonso, he’s a popular player there, do you think they’d really sell him to us? Keep Darin(g) Thomas.
Steve Guy
8   Posted 28/12/2007 at 09:34:05

We have had a few of these ’absolute’ ’nailed on’ ’certainties’ in the past and I can’t remember one of them proving to be true.

Alonso is a good player but also clearly injury prone, why pay 14 million buttons let alone euros or sterling for a crock ?
Alan Rodgers
9   Posted 28/12/2007 at 09:45:41

There is more chance of Arteta going to the dark side.
Sea Allinson
10   Posted 28/12/2007 at 10:30:14

If only this wasn?t complete horseshit. We would rival the Arse as the most attractive side in the Premiership. Alonso and Arteta were together at Real Sociadad and anyone who can went to their friendly game at Goodison will remember them passing us off the pitch for the first 20 minutes. They were an absolutely superb combination. Shame.
Anthony Newell
11   Posted 28/12/2007 at 12:28:35

I fear this is another Ben and his mates type rumour. Ben as most of you will know was a red masquerading as an Everton fan and his abusive comments that followed when questioned on the validity of his rumour testified to this. Ben was adamant that Alan Smith would sign for us, his mate spotting him in some Liverpool hotel apparently - as you know it was a load of old bollocks. Thomas, I’m not accusing you of being a red but would like you to substantiate this. I would also like to send a New Year message to all reds who like to come on here and attempt to take the piss - were back and there is nothing you can do about it!!!!
Kev Taylor
12   Posted 28/12/2007 at 13:50:27

Tut tut tut I don?t believe this at all! There is more chance of Geoff Capes playing in our midfield! Maybe Thomas should put away the sherry, as his mam may need it for the trifle!
Edmund O'Sullivan
13   Posted 28/12/2007 at 15:27:56

I told you in August the Manny deal would fall through. Now I'm telling you there's more chance of us signing Gerrard.
Brian Waring
14   Posted 28/12/2007 at 17:01:39

Thomas,it’s funny how you say you can;t provide any proof,because you would get sacked.Then you go and put your full name to this snippet.Aren’t you worried that someone might see it?
Adam Harris
15   Posted 28/12/2007 at 18:09:56

Dream on
And Lay off Football Manager 08
Roy Kroft
16   Posted 28/12/2007 at 18:15:00

Hahahaha.

’The proof is an obvious format which I can’t provide, as I, among others, will be sacked’

...and then puts his full name at the bottom.

Hahaha
Nick Toye
17   Posted 28/12/2007 at 22:05:48

If you say you have proof, you have to provide evidence of that proof otherwise truth can’t be established.

"Yes my honour, I have absolute stick on proof that it was not me on the grassy knoll"

"Provide that proof"

"I can’t, I will get sacked"

"Going down?"

William Langley
18   Posted 29/12/2007 at 05:58:43

proof...what proof

I mean sure he is a quality player but really...why would moyes pay as much as 14 million pounds for a resonably quiet player.

And another thing his wages would cost more than a new stadium!
Craig Stanley
19   Posted 29/12/2007 at 08:36:06

I cant see it,we’re already breathing down the RS’s neck and they would sell one of their decent players to a rival?,theoretically making them stronger?!!
It wont happen,personally i’d be happy with Vogel coming in and maybe another midfielder.