Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Tomorrows Team?

It seems with the number of injuries we have and the Yaks decision to take an extended break we don't seem to have a lot of options in terms of what 11 Moyes will put out.

It looks like the main decision moyes will have to make is whether to put Yobo back in and move Lescott to left back or leave Joey on the bench and stay with Lescott and Jags.

I would leave Joey on the bench and have him back in for Wesnesday's trip to Norway. Similarily if there is any hint of discomfort in Baines' ankle I would rest him and put Valente in. He has been very solid in the past few months and I see no reason why that would change on saturday.

In midfield I think I would also leave Cahill on the bench. As far as I know he only landed this morning and having recently returned from a year in Oz I know all about the flight home (although I doubt Tiny would have flown economy!). Aside from the travelling his form hasn't been great of late. I don't think he suits playing the system of one up top if the striker is as small as AJ. Also Reading are in a poor run of form and leaking a lot of goals so I think we should be positive and go 4-4-2, which again doesn't particularliy suit Cahill.

That would leave a team of Howard, Neville, Jags, Lescott, Valente, Osman, Mannny, Carsley, Arteta, Vaughan and AJ. That team is more than capable of comfortably dealing with Reading.

Leaving a bench of Wessells, Hibbert, Joey, Cahill, Baines. Not a lot of attacking options, but our midfield is versatile and could adapt to whatever the game throws up.

I predict (hope) 3 - 0. COYB!
Paul Lenehan, Armagh     Posted 08/02/2008 at 14:22:38

Comments

Peter Keating
1   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:13:43

We would be struggling if the 7 subs on the bench rule was in place now!
mark-chester
2   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:11:23

He’s got to give vaughn a chance surley to start?!

Every time the lads come on recently he looks hungry and did well against blackburn, if he cannot get a game tomorrow then i do not know when he will?
As for the Yak, sorry but if it was just to relax and maybe a drink or 10 and turned his phone off, then it is unacceptable, full stop, Moysey is right to maximise his punishment, he knew full well the consequences of his actions and he is paid a lot of money to wear the famous blue jersey and he has shown no respect to that or our push for glory this year, he has let the manager down, the players, the fans and himself.

John Lloyd
3   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:20:58

Gotta start Vaugan, he does look ready. If you remember him at the end of last season he was looking a top player, if I’m right I dont think he’s started a game since chelsea away, last season??

Him, rocking the defence & AJ, who also should be angry & ready to go after last week, an our forward line is looking ok to beat Reading!!

3-0 tomorrow AJ first goal.......
Ben Howard
4   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:24:19

Paul. I agree with your starting XI but hope to see Vic on the bench.
Tom Campbell
5   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:26:08

Victor Anichebe is injured
Ben Howard
6   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:32:50

I hadn’t heard. What’s wrong with Vic?
Dennis Mann
7   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:41:02

Don’t rate Baines-too weak and puny-and a serial injury.So it’s Jolean at left back as the Yob comes back from duties overseas.Deffo a start for Vaughney alongside AJ.COYB!
Paul Niklas
8   Posted 08/02/2008 at 16:54:57

African Nations, Australia, now we want to show are game off to other countries like America and China.

We are doomed the world of Baseball, Australian rules football, That indian game of tag, and the rest of the shite they all watch.

Now want a piece of our action.

Its a conspircay, we could lose to Reding tomorrow due to the damge these stupid southern hemisphere competitions do to our game.

Good job Joleon didnt play on Wednesday or we would be F.....D.

Pissed off with it all.

Tune in later for the American and aussie defence of trying to steal our game.
Paul Niklas
9   Posted 08/02/2008 at 17:03:04

I predict I am going to win the 95 million euro lottery tonight.

As much chance of winning that versus predicting the result tomorrow.

I am going for Everton 4 Reading and the rest of the world 5.

Sad I know but its getting to me now.
Trudy Boston
10   Posted 08/02/2008 at 17:22:36

Even with the omission of key players we still have an abundance of talent both in the first team and with players who are not usuallly selected.

I dont envisage there being too many problems with reading tomorrow. We have too much for them in every department and even if dave does his dithering i cant see nothing less than a everton win.

That kitson player they have is good. I will give them that. And two american goalkeepers at opposite ends too.

Thats something you dont see every day.
Karl Masters
11   Posted 08/02/2008 at 18:22:26

2 American Goalkeepers, Trudy? We may not see it every day, but we saw it 6 days ago at Blackburn so it’s not so unusual.:)

The rate we’re going there will be more Yank goalies than English ones soon. Many clubs, Everton included, have no English goalkeeper ( unless we count 4th choice, Ruddy )... a far cry from the days when we produced them by the bucket load!

2-1 to Everton, by the way. We’ll just edge them out with AJ & Jaames Vaughan getting the goals!
Colin Malone
12   Posted 08/02/2008 at 18:40:49

The reason why Tim aint doing the business is, We are playing with two holding players, Carsley and Manny, so their is no support through the middle, Manny or Mikel may make a guest appearance, butTim is getting no support from an attacking center midfielder. Leon was doing a decent job there but moyes has decided to put him in the joe cole roll,on the wing which is not he,s position.
Alan Ryder

Arteta
Carsley
Fernandes
Cahill
Vaughan
Johnson

Subs: Wessels, Yobo, Osman, Valente, and possibly throw a young striker on the bench like Agard in VA’s absence.
Laurie Hartley
15   Posted 09/02/2008 at 10:12:35

Nice to see someone giving Nuno Valente a good rap for once. I think he is a terrific footballer and would start him every game at left back when he is available.

Stuart Mitchell
16   Posted 09/02/2008 at 12:38:21

I think Moyes will go with this team from the squad available.

Howard
Neville
Lescott
Yobo
Jags
Arteta
Fernandes
Carsley
Cahill
Osman
AJ

Subs, Vaughan, Wessels, Baines, Valente, Hibbert.