Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Are we becoming like the redshite?

I went out for a few beers with a couple of Reading fans and a Spurs fan last night who I drink with now and again. Obviously, the conversation turns to football and one thing that Chris (one of the Reading fans ) said, which the other two agreed with was that he sai,d " You lot are just getting like Liverpool fans, arrogant little shites, always fucking whingeing, thinking you have a god-given right to everything ".

They were saying this was becoming the consensus amongst their own fans, and fans of other clubs they know. As you can imagine (after a belly-full of ale, it became heated, but calmed down, when I pointed out where they both are in the league (was that being arrogant?) in respect to us. But, it got me thinking, I do actually think we are becoming arrogant. Not as bad as the shite, but going in that direction.
Brian Waring, Wokingham     Posted 10/02/2008 at 11:42:40

Comments

Lyndon Lloyd
I don't think Evertonians have been whingeing about much beyond injustice and a lack of respect for our improved position these days. Of course, I'm biased, but I think we have a case.
Neil Pearse
1   Posted 10/02/2008 at 16:57:51

Not what I hear from other fans about us Brian - mostly we seem to be getting a lot of respect. Doesn’t seem very fair either!
Kieran Kinsella
2   Posted 10/02/2008 at 17:03:25

Not trying to be rude mate but that was the crappest letter anyone has ever written on Toffeeweb. Obviously Reading fans are going to see you as arrogant when you’re out celebrating the fact you just beat them. Spurs fans are well renowned as fair weather fans and given that their season has been crap they also will be predictably envious. Next time you post on here try and come up with some interesting or controversial not just the first series of random thoughts and words that pop into your head.
David OBrien
3   Posted 10/02/2008 at 17:12:06

At a pub near White Hart Lane after we trounced Spurs, a Spurs fan came up to me and shook my hand saying we had taught them a Footballing lesson. He may have had a few but he was big enough to admit the difference in the teams that day, so good on him. Also he could have kicked the shite out of me being on his manor an all.
ron leith
4   Posted 10/02/2008 at 17:14:54

If you did not have a whinge after a game then there would be no 606, no talk sport and no Toffeeweb. What would life be like if you had nothing to whinge about. Misserable.
Brian Waring
5   Posted 10/02/2008 at 18:33:59

Kieran, no offence taken at your " crappest letter anyone has ever written on toffeeweb " (quite funny ) jibe. Even though it was written while I had a stonking hangover, it was just a genuine question.
Dan Parker
6   Posted 10/02/2008 at 20:23:59

Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks, COME ON YOU BLUES!!
Dave Lawley
7   Posted 10/02/2008 at 20:32:25

Mike Hughes
8   Posted 10/02/2008 at 20:42:25

The short answer is "No". The most appropriate word in the English Language is "Gobsh1te" when applied to the RS fans. It fits perfectly. Symptoms include over-hyping every single no-mark player pre-season; slashing the cash on any old cack; complaining about the spending of the Big Three; a "can-do-no-wrong" attitude i.e. Heysel, Athens, those that stoned Alan Smith’s ambulance outside their ground a couple of seasons back. I could go. The simple fact is that Bill Oddie needn’t bother with SpringWatch. You know it’s here when the Gobsh1tes start whinging. Mind you, it was more like AutumnWatch this year. COYB.
Paul Gladwell
9   Posted 11/02/2008 at 09:33:32

How can Spurs and Reading fans living in Workingham have any idea of what the average Evertonians attitude is like anyway?
You must be one of the few blues they come across and it is not as if the media is full of blues (Mike Parry apart) to get an idea on what we are like.
I would actually say we are probably one of the least hated clubs in the country too.