Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Hundreds already in Bergen

Just got off the phone to me mate who are already in Bergen.. Says there's hundreds of Toffees already there! I'm off to Stansted with the lads to Bergen via Oslo.. We'll all be in SK Brann supporters club tomorrow where a pint should be cheap at £4!

A special thanks to our mate Runa, a top Norwegian toffee from Bergen... What can I say.., 4th european away trip on the bounce.. which silly fuckers said this competition was shite!!!
Tommy  Gibbons, On the way to Bergen     Posted 12/02/2008 at 21:06:25

Comments

Per Stumo
1   Posted 13/02/2008 at 06:11:21

Hope you’re all enjoying yourselves! I’ll be heading over from Oslo this afternoon to join the party :-)
Paul Jones
2   Posted 13/02/2008 at 08:49:17

I am already here, the place is great, really nice people and lovely town but the prices are unbelievable. Not just the ale, the food and pretty much anything else. If you are coming over, get down to the Wembley bar ? it's the cheapest at 4 quid a pint - of shite. Anywhere else is about £6.60 a bottle of lager! Ah well its worth it for the blues
Everton 3-0, Cahill first goal
COYB
Patty Beesley
3   Posted 13/02/2008 at 09:24:45

Good luck to the lads tonight - sock it to them guys.
Allan Hobbs
4   Posted 13/02/2008 at 09:36:07

Its to be expected in Norway - I work for a Norwegian company and everyone over there is loaded. The standard of living is sky high, as a result so are the prices. They think London is good value!!
Paul Olsen
5   Posted 13/02/2008 at 09:56:59

Newspaper reports today have told about disorderly blues in Bergen.

Some fighting and drunkenness apparently.
Peter Pickles
6   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:04:15

It wasnt us mister...
Rob Bentham
7   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:20:45

Here’s some footage off Norwegian webtv of " Bad Blue Boys fyrte opp i Musikkpaviljongen ". Mainly trying to keep warm and drinking tins of lager off the ferry cause its so expensive to drink in the bars.
Rob Bentham
8   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:23:45

Actually loads of stuff on here.
Interviews with fans, press conference, training.
"Everton-fansen på plass" is particularly amusing.
Graham Eaves
9   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:36:11

Well envious. Can’t go due to work commitments but been to Bergen twice - beautiful city. I didn’t think it was that expensive but then, I live in London. If it’s anything like N’berg you should have a wicked time. Out of interest, how many RS shirts have been spotted yet? ;-)
Chris Keightley
10   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:39:34

Good luck boys enjoy it, fractured my leg playing sunday footie so my brother is going instead wish you all well have a £4.00 pint for me lol
Laurie Hartley
11   Posted 13/02/2008 at 10:45:13

I see DM has managed to get Andy VDM on a plane. Perhaps tonight is the the night we see what Andy is really capable of?
Damian Scott
12   Posted 13/02/2008 at 11:57:02

I’ve been to Bergen with work before. Really nice place, but it is really expensive in Norway... Talking about twice the price for most things compared to Ireland or England...
Andy Hudd
13   Posted 13/02/2008 at 13:03:29

Andy VDM won’t be happy -not at £4 a pint!
Dean Williamson
14   Posted 13/02/2008 at 13:59:54

£4 a pint????

Thats a bargain!
Last time I was in Norway, the cheapest I found was £5.60!

Good job we are not playing in Iceland!
I paid £8 a pint up there and they dont fill the glass up to the top either!