Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Nervous Norwegian Blue...

I hear the manager and the players say "all the right things" about respecting Brann. By far the best Norwegian team right now, but hopefully them being out of season will be a disadvantage for the home team.

Still, I worry if Everton can cope with the conditions on a pitch where passing will be difficult and the home team will be direct. Can the Blues stamp their authority in midfield, or do they think they can "class" their way through... And that midfield is weaker today than for a long, long time.

Let`s hope another Buchuresti is not on the cards, but I am fearing the worst..
Tore  Fredlund, Trondheim, Noirway     Posted 13/02/2008 at 11:18:44

Comments

Rob Bentham
1   Posted 13/02/2008 at 13:40:13

There's a great link here for interviews from today with Blues in Bergen.

I've been laughing my head off at some of these. Especially this one. Blå dynamitt

Tom Rowe
2   Posted 13/02/2008 at 11:18:16

Anyone got the odds for Van De Meyde to get 1st goal? I'd stick a cheeky punt on. You never know, he might start if Fernandes doesn't pass the late fitness test!!
Chris Briddon
3   Posted 13/02/2008 at 14:11:52

"Still, I worry if Everton can cope with the conditions on a pitch where passing will be difficult and the home team will be direct"

Sounds like playing at Wigan the other week!
Terry Smith
4   Posted 13/02/2008 at 14:16:49

Hopefully we will take this very seriously as we know what can happen if we dont.... OLDHAM ATHLETIC!!!
We have a squad good enough even with a few players missing.
We have just got to get stuck into them and be strong in midfield
Tony Marks
5   Posted 13/02/2008 at 14:56:43

The manager of Braan has already given Moysies team talk for him.

"We played Liverpool and were beaten, Everton are a smaller club than Liverpool so we expect a result."

Get into them!
Greg Murphy
6   Posted 13/02/2008 at 15:04:27

"Everton are well known in Norway but not as big as Liverpool..." he said.

Which is an entirely different thing from saying Everton are a smaller club than Liverpool.

He’s actually saying that Norway is full of RS. Which we knew anyway.

Still a little pre-match deliberate distorting of fairly honest quotes never did no-one any harm!
Brett Bradshaw
7   Posted 13/02/2008 at 15:13:36

7 kick off! I dont finish work til 6:30.

I think I will check the team news just before I leave then make a mad dash to my mates house.

He is a RS and we usually watch the midweek footy together, obviously there hasnt been so much mid week football for us blues so I dearly hope we see a decent performance!

So good that Moyes has the balls to bring on both Victor and Vaughan! What a class act they are!
Trudy Boston
8   Posted 13/02/2008 at 16:33:44

Bergen may be the best team in norway but thats not saying much. Phil Jagielka says he expects the side to progress but is a bit wary of the opposition. I really dont know what to expect and kick off is only two and a half hours away. By nine this evening we shall have a good indication of what will be needed at goodison in the return. Channel five is always a fun channel to watch and you never know which everton legends will be hand to lend their analysis. Probably the rat or pat in the studio tonight and dont expect sharpy to be anywhere in sight until the return.

Also do not envisage a repeat of the bucharest capitulation as we are in fine better stead and the team are now used to european ventures. We are peoples favourites to win tonight and can be found at 12/1 to win the competition outright, with bayern the favourites.

But first things first.