Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Talking Bill

Just read Bill's pledging millions story in the Echo and wondered if someone could decipher it for me. I stupidly thought this might be a factual piece explaining how Bill intends to inject money into the team and the mechanisms at work behind his masterplan. I've read it through a couple of times and can't see how the story relates to the headline.

I know I'm not the brightest blue, so maybe some of the more enlightened members of this forum could explain what it all means. I'm particularly confused about the reference to rabbits and how much money Spurs spend in a day, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Marcus  Dawson, Midlands     Posted 18/02/2008 at 13:27:12

Comments

Michael Kenrick
I struggled with that too, Marcus. Perhaps if we could define who were the previous "rabbits" ? whatever that means... presumably Deadline Day transfer coups: ? Anthony Gardner, Thomas Gravesen, Manuel Fernades, Andy van der Meyde... errr, I think I'll stop now.
John Jones
1   Posted 18/02/2008 at 14:59:02

I think the rabbits he’s referring to are the likes of Yakubu & Johnson, players we’ve broken our transfer record for. Also the likes of Lescott who we’ve paid decent money out on when other managers were unsure after looking at him, and it’s paid dividends.
Harj Badial
2   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:03:16

and Arteta...Cahill....plus Pienaar - I hope.....all fantastic signings.

Bill knows he has to spend or Moyes will go - Then all Evertonians will call for him to go.
Dave Lynch
3   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:29:16

Maybe it’s because the man is an illussionist.
You know ! Don’t take anything he says as the truth.
We all know that the rabbit is already in the hat and the con trick is convincing you otherwise.
Trouble is, he is not very good at it.
Then again !
Fortress money.
Kings Dock.
He made them disapear into thin air, maybe im’ doing him an injustice ?
Brian Waring
4   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:36:29

Is that the piece where he say’s it depends on us finishing in 4th place?
Also, with thing’s going so well, it was a cinch we would get an appearance by the the bullshitter. Just a shame he never has anything to say, when thing’s are not going so well.
Andy Callaghan
5   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:48:12

To be honest, anybody that knocks Kenwright is a bit of an idiot really. I’d take him over a foreign investor any day. And please don’t start with the whole ’he sold off the club’s assets’ argument either.

You don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone. I think you’d soon find that to be true if Kenwright left.
Chris Keightley
6   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:50:39

Notice his production is in my town soon, its Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat showing in Ipswich, I think we are blinded by his bullshit.
Patty Beesley
7   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:58:03

Chris

Joseph and the technicolour dream coat is not Bill?s production - it?s Lloyd Webber?s. Bill just sat on the judging panel to pick the guy to play Joseph in the new production and where he took every opportunity to promote the name/image of Everton.

At least he?s kept our Club Briitish ? I?d rather have him than the double-talking gum-chewing Yanks across the park.
Michael Hunt
8   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:12:28

His comments did nothing to inspire faith really did they. You could read into it that the pot is bare, we’ve sold the family silver already and are mortgaged up to the hilt. However, if we do bag champions league football I’m intending to borrow a bit more on the strength of the expectation of us actually making the group stages and grabbing the associated cash this time. Still, that seems pretty honest really.
James Keating
9   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:04:42

It?s just Kenwright chatting his usual garbage. The man talks in riddles and you can never get a straight answer out of him.

My interpretation of that Echo article is that he was going down the path of promising massive amounts of money for further team building then out of the blue he mentions Spur?s spent £16 million in one day?? WTF!!!! I forgot Spurs get 20,000 fans more than us and have won more trophies than us... I think he had to stop himself in his tracks before he started making further empty promsies.

He said it himself we can?t even compete with Spurs so we haven?t got a prayer of competing against the bigger clubs.

As usual it will be up to Moyes to come up with the goods again because he gets no help whatsoever off his Board of Directors.
Marcus Dawson
10   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:04:09

Sorry lads, seems that some of you don?t get irony. I?m not a Bill hater, far from it, it just amuses me that he gets a headline story with nothing of substance to say. I genuinely thought this might be a case of new investment, but no, it?s nothing of the kind, just Bill telling us he?ll pull another rabbit out of the hat if Davey asks him to. I know he?s trying his best, but his PR machine is either not up to the job or it?s taking us for a bunch of idiots. Stop press, Bill in hot air spouting accident.
Ed Fitzgerald
11   Posted 18/02/2008 at 15:57:32

Andy

I would be careful before you deride people who mistrust Kenwright they tend to do so based upon evidence of his tenure. It is Moyes who has led our revival not Blue Bill. It seems clear to me that Moyes is now saying I have taken you this far if you want to challenge for honours on a consistent basis "show me the money"? A fair shout in my book, it is BK/KW job to attract the inward investment, to develop he team.. To do this effectively he would need to relinquish control (something he is loathe to do). What happens if we finish 5th or 6th will BK deny him signifcant funding. Kenwright has shafted Moyes before over Rooney and has little backbone. When the bullets start flying he goes missing, His fabled ’deal of the century’ could still go tits up and I hope the plan does get called in by the government. If we are successful on the pitch we will attract signifcant attention from investors, if he allows it too and get out of mental exclusivity contract with TESCO that deters any outside interest. He is a bullshitter of the worst kind a badge kissing chairman who has not done his job need I remind you of Kings Dock, Fortress Fund, Russian Investment, etc etc. A few media friendly sound bites dont make him a good chairman.
Tony Marsh
12   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:17:35

Andy Callaghan, there are plenty of us who still lose sleep over the Kings Dock fiasco and all the BS that went with it. If it wasn't for BK's scheming and breaking of promises to the fans we would be playing in a breathtaking stadium on the banks of the River Mersey instead of planning for a ground on a supermarket car park in Kirkby. Instead of being the envy of Europe we will become the laughing stock. It's Kenwright's fault nobody elses.
The man's a con-artist who doesnt have a pot to piss in in real terms so what the fuck is he doing running our club?Let's see how highly you regard him after a couple of seasons playing in the plastic cowshed.
Chris Masey
13   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:40:20

Ok Tony, lets swap him for the american owners across the park, or maybe encourage Peter Johnson to return.
Gavin Ramejkis
14   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:43:00

Tony welcome back, Tony and Ed - nail, head, perfect
Paul Daly
15   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:50:01

...........I think Blue Bill has the club at heart.....doesn’t mean he’s competant......doesn’t mean he’s well advised.......and I think there might be a future Toffeweb poll in this question....would we swap him for Statler & Waldorf across the park or the Evil Emiratres....????
Brian Waring
16   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:49:19

Andy, don’t you think that BK has given us many reason’s to knock him? I won’t go into listing them, we all know what they are. The man is a total shithouse. When the shit start’s to hit the fan, you don’t see, or hear from him. But, as soon as everything seem’s to be going well, he is tripping over himself to give interviews and get his mug in the paper’s. I just can’t believe there is still people like you, who think the sun shine’s out of his arse. Maybe you need to look a little closer to home, before you start calling other people, idiot’s.
Alan Ryder
17   Posted 18/02/2008 at 16:55:55

All he is saying is that if we achieve fourth place we will have access to more funds which he will make available for team building........ cue epifits everywhere!!!

Ed, if BK shafted Moyes over Rooney do you think Moyes would still be here? He has got more balls than that!
Terry Fox
18   Posted 18/02/2008 at 17:09:49

I don’t think the recent influx of cash had much to do with Kenwright. A top Barclay’s honcho told me at Haydock last autumn that Robert Earl guaranteed the £13M borrowings for Yakubu and the bank had a floating charge (whatever that is!)over Goodison for a further £12M.I guess if Bill is able to arrange access to funds it’s something but it worries me that the Club is getting deeper and deeper into debt.
Alan White
19   Posted 18/02/2008 at 17:30:13

I don?t worry how much Bill borrows ? the banks must think us a safe bet. Every club is in hock up to the hilt and as long as there?s enough coming in to pay the interest charges what does it matter? Having said that, I do worry if there?s a charge over Goodison as that was our only asset on the last balance sheet they produced up to last May.
Steve Templeton
20   Posted 18/02/2008 at 17:39:27

Was Kenwright at fault for the Kings Dock collapse?

I’m not making a point here, simply asking the question as I cannot recall the exact circumstances at the time. I recall the board refusing to take out a mortgage of about £30m (how small that seems now) to fund the stadium but can remember little else.

For some reason, I always associated the Kings Dock with Peter Johnson.

Anybody care to enlighten me further ?
Alan Kirwin
21   Posted 18/02/2008 at 17:50:33

Just wondering who the Kenwright-snipers would prefer to have at the helm of our club instead?

I too was upset over the Kings Dock fiasco, because it would have been sensational. But hey, it didn’t happen, we couldn’t afford it and we move on.

Running a premier league football club is a hellishly difficult thing to do. Ask the fans of all but 3 clubs. And even out of "The 3", Man Utd are mortgaged beyond belief and the fans are footing the bill, whilst Chelsea’s annual losses are either a joke or a disgrace (depending on your moral stance).

EFC are in debt. Now show me a club that isn’t. Better still, show me a chairman who feels and cares as much about his club as Bill Kewright does. For the avoidance of doubt, Everton has no eternal right to the best stadium, the best players, the best football etc etc etc. Our motto is aspirational not factual.

Grow the fuck up. Smell the coffee and be grateful for what you’ve got. If you can’t see how much worse things could be then you are just plain thick.

I’ve had my doubts in the past about Bill Kenwright. But no PL chairman is currently doing a better job so credit where it’s due. It’s a pity that it sometimes requires "outsiders" to point that out to Evertonians who have "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" tattoed on their foreheads, before shoving them up their arses.

Dave Wilson
22   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:03:48

Alan
Kings Dock didn't happen,
Fortress Sports Fnd didn't materialise ,
Russian investment was total bollocks
A ticket fiasco everytime we have a big game
DM had less money to spend than any other prem manager
The fanbase is split like no other in the country
The majority of Evertonians know it's difficult running a club and would forgive most of the above, but it's the lies that make Bill so unpopular. Nobody expects George Washington, but some semblance of truth in what he tells us wouldn't go amiss
If we achieve something this year it?ll be purely down to DM and his squad.
Paul Gladwell
23   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:16:37

Alan if he cared so much he would not be taking us away from our soul ,the city of our birth for a cheap quick fix which has now not become so cheap and the only reason he is still here is down to our manager and his skill at penny pinching and spotting bargains, although he did appoint him.
Andy Callan
24   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:29:23

Everton finish 4th.........?

I have just been out for my tea and nearly got hit by a bunch of low flying pork chops from Pete Caine, our local butcher.

I hope I am wrong - but I think not....

Blue Bill is full of shite, like the rest of the clowns that run our club. Simple as that.

The whole fukin place is a laughing stock; always has been.

Get em all OUT and start again.
Jay Harris
25   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:16:08

Andy and Alan Kirwan would you care to illustrate how BK is doing a better job than other PL chairman.

1.The income at the club has not gone up in accordance with other Prem league clubs.
2.We are still making trading losses.
3.We have sold off or mortgaged most of our assets.
4.Our organisation has got to be amongst the worst in the prem.
5.The appointment of Moyes(for which BK is anxious to take the credit)really came from Walter Smith.
6.The only rabbits he pulls out the hat are rich aquaintances who he then goes on to screw.

As somebody else said - He hasn't got a pot to piss in. Does that not tell you something about a man that's been in the most lucrative industry (Media/entertainment - not football) all his life?

The only meals he enjoys are free ones. He couldn't even be arsed to give any time to the most important issue of our history ? the ground move. He just leaves it to Tesco to do all the running.

Now that is besides the Kings Dock, NTL, Fortress ("The cheque will be in the bank in the morning") Fiasco?s. If that was the Yanks the RS would have had them out on the first strike.

Some Blues will always bury their heads (particularly when we are having a reasonably successful season so far) and pretend that all is rosy.
Well it isn?t at Board level!!!!!!!!!
Paul Hennessey
26   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:36:48

It seems like a bit of a non-story to me, if we did finish fourth and get in the Champions League, of course Moyes would be given millions, the prize money from the league and potential monies accumulated from the Champions League would allow us to spend big. The key is, what if we finish fifth or sixth ? how much would we spend then?

It is generally agreed that we are only one or two players away from being serious top 4 candidates year on year now, but then Spurs, Villa and (given their keenness to invest) City may claim this too (who knows perhaps Liverpool might even fancy having a go next year?!). How much we are allowed to spend and of course, how this is invested this summer is massive in the case of our club.

Funny to see us described as a laughing stock... I would have thought there is another team in the city that this term applies to ? for the time being at least!
Jay Harris
27   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:37:29

Alan Kirwan
I have to disagree with you: WE could afford Kings Dock.
Paul Gregg (the last one maligned for BK"s benefit) agreed to put up the £30 million required but wanted some security i.e extra shares or a charge on the development. Bill shit himself at the thought of not having total control through a majority shareholding that Gregg together with other shareholders cannot get near and refused him.
Gregg (a very successful businessman) had realised how incompetent BK was and was trying to get some order into the club. As we all now know the rest is history.
Since then we have mortgaged GP and gate receipts and sold off Rooney and training ground land and sold off the retail shops.
Apart from the playing staff there isn't much else to go.
Bob Turner
28   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:36:59

Alan Kirwin, completely agree, mate!

Terry Fox, I don’t think it’s fair to say that the recent influx of cash had much to do with Kenwright. The commonly held view on here is that he has steadfastly turned away the pots of cash numerous investors have been desperately trying to chuck at our club (yes, I’m being sarcastic). Do you think Robert Earl’s involvement with Everton happened by accident?? Or in spite of BK?? If he has stopped investment happening in the past, you can’t turn round and say it’s nothing to do with him when it does happen!

Oh, and Tony Marsh, is this the same laughing stock you predicted we’d be at the start of this European campaign? The laughing stock which prompted your usual well thought out and argued tirade on 20th September 2007:

"Well you wouldn’t listen and now once again I am sure you will agree David Moyes and his useless side kick Alan Irvine have no place in European football.

Embarrasing, Shambolic and utterly pathetic is how I see it. The thing is though the referee has given the Moyes minnions the excuse they need when we crash out in the Ukaraine.

To be honest I knew we would struggle in Europe playing the way we do but Karkhiv arent even European minnows. Barely formed Tadpoles more like but "

I thought not, must be a different type laughing stock you mean, then....
Alan Ryder
29   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:46:54

Job Application
Small Football Club requires a Chairman
Essential;
Must support Everton.
Must come from Walton with no ambition to leave.
Must never make mistakes.
Must have Billions of pounds.
Must be invisible.
Will not be allowed to accept any plaudits when club achieves any success.
Second interviews will take place from a shortlist of 10.
E’are lads put the word about, that should sort it.
Jay Harris
30   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:09:34

Alan Ryder
You forget the most important point
Must not tell lies consistently to anyone who will listen
Bob Turner
31   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:13:40

Even more important than that, though, Jay, is the desire to railroad any decision to move ground through without giving the fans their chance to vote on the matter
Bob Turner
32   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:20:31

Oooops, silly me, he didn’t do that one, did he? My mistake...
Terry Muenchhausen
33   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:20:53

To James Keating, Spurs have not won more trophies than us. Just thought I'd let you know
Mark Pendleton
34   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:26:36

Leave the guy alone FFS. He’s committed and passionate about the club and determined to support DM the beat he can. We’re 4th in the league, DM could go elsewhere if he wanted but he loves the club too and is a fan of the regime. This is one of the most stable clubs in the land that we are fortunate enough to follow.
Andy Callan
35   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:29:57

Stable?

You lad must be off your rocker...!!!!!!

We are about as Stable as Northern Rock.

Footie is a mess, it’s not just Everton mate..... It all will implode soon enough.
Giles Rawlings
36   Posted 18/02/2008 at 18:52:00

Kemwright’s only stroke of genius is in appointing David Moyes-and even that may have been down to luck.
Any moron can raise funds by borrowing against assets and future income and flogging off comercial activities.
Robert Earl has put nothing in but Balboa’s left glove as security for the Yakubu borrowings.He’ll be pissed off by Kenwright as soon as he’s seen as a threat -just you wait and see!
Rich Jones
37   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:22:20

Bob Turner you really must get out more!!! instead of hanging on to Tony’s everyword.
Bob Turner
38   Posted 18/02/2008 at 19:41:27

Rich, thanks for the advice, but it’s amazing what you can do with a bit of googling. And having seen him deny what he’s said before, I thought I’d put in the huge effort to google "Tony Marsh toffeeweb laughing stock" (took all of 5 seconds) to stop him denying he’d made any such comment before.

But hey, thanks for the attention, I love it!!
Juan Roman
39   Posted 18/02/2008 at 20:15:24

Jeez. This discussion went on for ages over a nothing article. I think Ed said that BK shafted Moyes over Rooney. How do you mean? And I’m ASKING, not telling.
Ed Fitzgerald
40   Posted 18/02/2008 at 17:58:55

Alan - in response I would call this getting shafted by your chairman
Are you trying to tell me there’s a bigger club than Everton?

Everton owner Bill Kenwright when asked if Wayne Rooney might eventually join a ’bigger club’ than the Goodison Park outfit.

Whatever happens with the sale, if it happens it will be down to the manager? He has the final say. - at David Moyes as Bill Kenwright makes him solely responsible for selling Wayne Rooney. Nice try, Bill, but it didn’t work
Eric Holland
41   Posted 18/02/2008 at 21:02:33

OK,
Lets have a list of prospective investors you would rather run our club, than blueBill.
This should make interesting reading!!!

COYB
Jay Harris
42   Posted 18/02/2008 at 21:24:22

Eric,
shouldnt it be Bill?s job to tell us who he hasn't manged to get since "he has been working 24/7 for the last 5 years to get investment in Everton".
In the meantime Arsenal, Utd, Spurs, City, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa and the RS have all got substantial investors in with differing amounts of success.
Also for those that say he backed the manager there was a strong suggestion 2 years ago that Moyes was on the brink of resigning if he wasn't allowed to improve the squad more.
Eric Holland
43   Posted 18/02/2008 at 21:42:08

Still no names then?
Thought not, your all full of shit.
Jay Harris
44   Posted 18/02/2008 at 21:45:22

Eric
once again I?m sure if anybody on here had spent24/7 for 5 years looking for potential investors we could give you a list.
As I assume we all have better things to do with our time we are supposed to trust the chairman with that,as he has already emphasised he is working round the clock on that one.(i think it may be a mickey mouse clock though).
Ed Fitzgerald
45   Posted 18/02/2008 at 21:50:28

Eric

It is Kenwright who is full of shit let us remind you the Fortress Fund, The Russian bloke whose name begins with Z(Zingivich or something like that). The real reason we have not got investment before TESCO and look at the price we are paying for that. Whatever the rights and wrongs of Paul Gregg what is clear from that mess is that Kenwright wants control at all costs.
I am sorry Eric but his leadership is littered with lies and false promises to fans over many years. His biggest error who knows fucking up Kings Dock or alienating the majority of Evertonians by moving to a retail park. (Please dont tell me about the vote, the republicans got in Florida because they removed people who should have been eligible to vote from the register as well).
Eric Holland
46   Posted 18/02/2008 at 22:07:20

Still no Names?
David Barks
47   Posted 18/02/2008 at 22:17:45

Umm, Bill has found an investor, his name is Robert Earl.
Ed Fitzgerald
48   Posted 18/02/2008 at 22:24:59

Eric

There are three in the last post

Paul Gregg
Zingivrich (I cant cant spell his name but he was another great Kenwright find)
Fortress Fund - Led by Samuelson

There is three for a start, we are not likley to get any are we? when Knobhead signs up to an exclusivity deal
Eric Holland
49   Posted 18/02/2008 at 22:30:11

NO NO NO! I want NAMES from you Bill bashing blues, NAMES of investors who YOU think will do a better job of running our beloved football club.
Alan Ryder
50   Posted 18/02/2008 at 22:07:13

Ed

Re; BK shafting DM over Rooney.
I appreciate what you are alluding to but its pure conjecture. I read it as a chairman who will back his manager?s judgement on the issue of selling our greatest recent home grown talent. Are you saying that BK wanted to sell Rooney and DM didn?t? Rooney has gone in to print to say that he had irreconcilable differences (on his side) with Moyes. According to BK, Rooney pleaded with him to leave. Rooney was seen leaving the pitch at the end of the City drubbing, mouthing ?Get me out of here!? (No Ant n Dec to help with this one.) Rooney had made it clear he wanted out, although he tried to portray it as otherwise, he wanted to go. For me there was no issue that BK or DM pushed him.

The Fortress Sports Fund? Wasn?t this a speculative venture that Samuelson failed to pull off. A bunch of investors who at the end of the day would not have had a controlling stake in the club and were offering us a piddling amount to play with....hardly a loss.

Zinger Zingervich, or whatever, was a none starter. Denied as soon as it reached the papers.... but added to a list of heinous crimes by the Chairman.

King?s Dock. There are a lot of seemingly, better-informed, esteemed people who know a lot more than me over this one. We were all bitterly disappointed this didn?t come off. What did BK have to gain by scuppering a deal? Sorry I don?t understand this. Are we saying that we could have had the King?s Dock if Bill had surrendered his control of the club? Surrender it to who? Are they better qualified to look after the best interests of the fans? Are you absolutely sure?

I don?t know. I am sure that Bill has made mistakes along the way. I read some of the comments and it just reads as a fit up, somebody to blame but no alternatives - people can?t even offer the benefit of hindsight.
Ed Fitzgerald
51   Posted 18/02/2008 at 23:12:31

Alan

I am saying he is a shithouse when it comes to facing the flak and was happy to appear to pass the decision to Moyes when it started to get a bit sticky. As chairman I thought his job was to attract the quality investors that other clubs have attracted. What I am saying is that he is not up to the job of attracting inward investment as a look at the money table reveals. We have had relative success on the field for the past two to three seasons yet we still can't attract investment with good attendances etc.

Let's be frank: Tesco only interest him because he can retain control while they use the club as a ?piggyback? to get the Kirkby site. I see it as his job (or people he employs... Wyness!) to attract the level of investment that will allow us not only to compete but win things.

I am afraid I do hold him culpable over losing the Kings Dock deal as he is in charge (he is happy to bask in the sunshine when things go well, but goes missing when there is trouble at mill!) ? to me this is a simple fact of leadership you are ultimately accountable? What pisses myself and many others off Alan is his penchant for mendacity (a lying bastard in normal industrial language) and his ability to steal Harry Potter's magic cloak to render himself invisible when it suits him.

Ed Fitzgerald
52   Posted 18/02/2008 at 23:40:55

Eric
Laksi Mittal ? Britain's richest person £14.8 Bn... Oh sorry, QPR got him
Bernie Ecclestone ? once courted by? Oh QPR got him
Philip Green ? a mate of Kenwright's, no fucking chance of any money there then
Richard Branson ? £3.1Bn
Or here is a novel one: Lady Grantchester and the Moores family £1.2B
Robert Earl ? worth £290M, lets see some of it then
Paul Gregg ? £127M, another wrong decision
Apparently Kenwright's wealth is estimated at £5-10 million and yet he wants to own us, it's his job to get the money!

The point is, Eric, the money is out there but Kenwright wants control at all costs. What's wrong with DIC money anyway? Apparently they were ready to offer £90M to buy Kenwright out after the fuck-up across the park. All lies of course... and it's never ever Bills fault!

Chris Briddon
53   Posted 19/02/2008 at 10:01:30

Paul Gregg - are you serious that guy is a complete no-no - Even Sheffield Wednesday backed out of a deal with him to be in charge. He was only ever at Everton to make a few quid from the Kings Dock deal, and when it fell through he sold his share’s as fast as he could. - You notice his supposed millionaire buyer he promised never materialised either!

Lady Grantchester - apparently has some sort of agreement that thye aren’t allowed to invest their cash in Everton as she’s fallen out with them (or something along these lines can’t remember the exact details, but it has all been discussed at length before)

Two people who ended up buying QPR - well judging by who they bought and the money they’ve invested there - obviously a realistic option for a premier league club.

Other people we’ve supposedly turned down - That bloke who tried to buy Birmingham then they found out he didn’t have any cash!

We also have an old decrepid ground, which puts off investors as the first thing they would have to do is find £200m to build a new stadium.

I happen to be of the opinion that we are doing ok at present - no we don’t have much cash, but we are still managing to compete with the big boys. And if you think this is all down to Davey - well I don’t think he could have done it without Lescott, AJ, Yak & others and where do you think they came from - thin air!
BK is doing the best he can with the limited resources available - he has always admitted he hasn’t got much cash. But as owner and an Everton supporter, surely it is better he looks out for good investment rather than anyone prepared to lob in a few quid and leave us up the creek in 3 years time.

Oh and for those who give him no credit for appointing DM - get real. Just cos Walter Smith suggested him, doesn’t mean BIll was duty bound to appoint the man! Bill met with DM and was impressed with what he saw, hence offered him the job - he didn’t have to!
James Keating
54   Posted 19/02/2008 at 10:48:37

Somebody once said "Bill Kenwright is living his dream he’s not living ours"

The most honest words about Kenwright I have ever heard.
Marcus Dawson
55   Posted 19/02/2008 at 11:50:36

Quite a lot anger out there lads, I didn?t mean to start a love him/hate him session, there?s been enough of that and we all know the arguments, nothing?s changed really. My central point is that the article I referred to takes us for a bunch of fools; to announce that you?re going to spend millions and then not provide one shred of evidence to substantiate the claim is insulting to the reader. I do not hate Bill, but I?m growing evermore tired of his feeble attempts to win us over. I genuinely believe that he and Bully regard us with derision, I personally feel insulted by this article, I?m not that stupid Bill, try a bit harder.
John Williams
56   Posted 19/02/2008 at 12:24:20

Kenwright is an absolute arsehole!
The ONLY good thing at Everton FC is David Moyes.
Imagine what this man could achieve with the sort of investment that LESSER clubs than Everton attract seemingly easily, to the point that investors are fighting with each other.
Kenwright is an embarrasing buffoon on a massive ego trip and if it wasn?t for Moyes?s heroics, he?d have been run out of town by now.
Ed Fitzgerald
57   Posted 19/02/2008 at 17:02:05

Chris

You try to rubbish some of the richest people who have invested in football and defend BK. The simple truth for the lack of investment is that he will not give up control, which any large investor would logically want. You assume he knows best because he appointed Moyes on Smiths say so? I despise him for letting his super inflated ego stopping us attract genuine high levels of investment and moving us to a retail park, there is no bigger club than everton he said, theres no bigger supermarket than TESCO would have been more accurate from the lying toad