Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Walton Hall Park

I was just having a look at the KEIOC website and saw their alternative sites. Now I never liked the Scotland Road site, because, firstly, it looked too small and then there was not enough land to have a partner.

However the Walton Hall Park site is a different kettle of fish. A site big enough to have a partner, and get this...Sainsbury's willing to be that partner. It's near to the local rail network and could have its own station. Finally, it's what we all want in that it is in the city.

Personally I have gone from pro-Kirkby to the complete opposite. I don't trust Wyness as far as I could throw him. If this Walton Hall Park is the real deal then I think we should abandon destination Kirby and start again! That is not going to happen until Blue Bill realises that Mr Wyness is leading us all up the garden path.
Paul  Coleman, Kettering     Posted 01/04/2008 at 18:52:35

Comments

Steve Ryan
1   Posted 01/04/2008 at 22:23:33

"Personally I have gone from pro Kirkby to the complete opposite" Paul Coleman, it is cretins like you who have allowed Kenwright and Wyness to get away with murder. It’s a bit late now to be changing your mind.
Barry Scott
2   Posted 01/04/2008 at 22:40:30

I’m shocked that you have said that the loop was too small and that there is no land for enabling partners when the Bestway director is on front page of Toffeeweb stating how the myths published "beggared belief and surprised" him.

Bestway themselves were keen to help fund the stadium (they are also large concrete manufacturers and so the price of a stadium could have been lower).

You were well and truly sold up the river.
Mick Mac
3   Posted 01/04/2008 at 23:15:45

Well Steve. Thats the way to get people to support the Keep Everton in our city quest by slagging off people who have changed their mind about the vote they cast and forever labling them cretins or backstabbers or any other name you can call them. They made a decision based on the information that was put before them and they made their vote. The way this debate is going it will end up just as vociferous as the Derby has now turned out to be and then we really wont have a club. It is about time people on this site on both sides if the divide realised that whichever choice they made at the time. Is thier choice and no one else’s. That man or woman can stand by that or they can look back and say I made a mistake or alternativley say thats what I beleive and this is right for what I beleive in. Debate is good and so are points of veiw. The fact is there are still a lot of people who support the Kirkby plan as I am sure there a lot who dont. There are 2 camps in this field let each have their own point of veiw without the childish shenanegins of name calling.
Nick Toye
4   Posted 02/04/2008 at 00:31:32

Sadly there is absolutely nothing that anyone of us can do. The dye is cast, the decision has been made, and unless the Tesco offer is thrown out by Kirkby county council, its a done deal.

No matter what else comes on the table, no matter how many times this KEIOC outfit decide to fly planes around the ground, it will make no difference whatsoever.

And that makes me sad.

Rich Jones
5   Posted 02/04/2008 at 00:51:20

I disagree Nick, however if we dont turn up and protest like the last time after the United game we’ll all get what we deserve yes and no voters alike a shit ground in someone elses town. I thought there was something special about being an Evertonian and our passion for our club, but its all bollox we’re letting that git from Aberdeen and Mr liar get away with murder the shite and united would never let this happen without so much as whimper, even them lot managed a protest about the yanks, what do we do just take it like the good little Evertonians we are. (im disgusted)
Tony Waring
6   Posted 02/04/2008 at 09:41:25

Glad the ground debate is still alive and well thanks mainly to KEIOC. If there is nothing to hide the club directors should be happy to debate the issue in public and whilst we’re on the subject can we have an explanation as to how the other lot got permission to build on a public park. If it’s good enough for them then it’s Walton Hall Avenue good enough for us - and Sainsbury’s are keen apparently ! Always did prefer them to Tesco.Keep up the good work KEIOC I say.
Steve Lyth
7   Posted 02/04/2008 at 10:02:03

Mic Mac, you were told in no uncertain terms what the outcome of a Yes vote would be on this site, those who voted Yes were naive at best.
If the club move to Kirkby they will reap what they have sowed, protests are our only way forward now.
Paul Coleman
8   Posted 02/04/2008 at 11:28:34

Steve, I was not a voter, however had I of had a vote, without knowing about a definite alterntive site, I would have voted for Kirby. I agree with what Mick says, in that you can only act on the information you have in front of you. Having seen this all unfold over the last few months and having seen the behaviour of Mr Wyness I now feel that it would be naive to believe anything that comes out of that mans mouth. I think we should be allowed a revote and I think the numbers will now be 80:20 against Kirby.
Seamus Murphy
9   Posted 02/04/2008 at 12:03:14

It really annoys me when Joe Soaps say "The loop looks too small" - IS everyone a fucking architect or engineer these days?
Lee Spargo
10   Posted 02/04/2008 at 12:35:02

Paul, living in Kettering, you probably haven’t noticed that Warren Bradley and LCC has ruled out Walton Hall Park for EFC. It’s public green space dont you know. If it were LFC however, it might be a different story altogether.
Tony Williams
11   Posted 02/04/2008 at 13:54:26

Thta is what I was going to say Lee, the Wally Hall Park was a no go from the start. That loathsome twat in the council wouldn’t allow it as we don’t play in red
James Marshall
12   Posted 02/04/2008 at 14:11:48

Ground share is by far the best option for everyone concerned - all this talk of moving to new grounds is pie in the sky apart from Kirkby and not many people I know of are into going there (despite the vote).

Sharing with the RS makes sense in every way - it works well in Milan and Rome so why not in Liverpool??!
Simple Simon
13   Posted 02/04/2008 at 15:10:24

Sharing a ground is a poor alternative to a new ground each in Liverpool. Plus, what’s the bet that if a shared ground happened, it would soon be known as the RS ground by all outsiders. Add to that, we wouldn’t have the all-blue seating everywhere. We would also have to look at that damned RS crest all the time. Failing to find funding and a site within Liverpool, a redeveloped Goodison would do me. Anything but Kirkby, really.
Jamie Simpson
14   Posted 05/04/2008 at 11:18:24

Let's face it, Kirkby is all ready a done deal. Knowsley council are not gonna chuck it out! Everton are playing a silly game with Liverpool City Council, one there gonna lose! the council only care about the red shite and thats a fact!!!