Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Television displays

I've noticed, we're nearly always shit when we're on the telly (Europe aside). I'm sure this whole 75% win ratio when Cahill is in the team also applies to when we're not on the TV. Does anyone have any stats on how we fare in 3 o'clock games compared with televised games?

Now that March is over (when every game has been televised) perhaps we can get back to winning ways. I always think the atmosphere is a lot better in Goodison when we play at 3pm and I'm sure this makes a difference to the team's performances.
Alan Clarke, Manchester     Posted 01/04/2008 at 19:18:10

Comments

Alisdair Denny
1   Posted 02/04/2008 at 00:38:50

Not sure about the UK, but our record in league games televised in Australia is won 17 drawn 6 and lost 9, but then we get to see every game live :-)
Eric Myles
2   Posted 02/04/2008 at 02:02:45

ALL the games for April are going to be televised too so I hope you’re wrong Alan.
Dean Johnson
3   Posted 02/04/2008 at 03:21:39

I have always thought the same Alan.

When I lived in the UK I used to get so depressed watching Everton on sky because I thought that we would always lose, invariably we did.

Now whenever a game is on sunday (and usually on sky too) we lose.

Nerves? big time charlies? can’t handle the pressure? I don’t know but people like Neville, Hibbert and Peanuts always seem to look really nervous when playing on sky
Martin Cutler
4   Posted 02/04/2008 at 04:40:17

Well, the game this coming Sunday against Derby is being shown (later on Sunday afternoon) here in the States so hopefully that’s not a game we lose or tie!!!
A good resounding victory with several goals would be nice.........assuming our team isn’t keeping half of Liverpool’s medical and hospital staff busy!!!!
Anthony Horabin
5   Posted 02/04/2008 at 07:18:17

The cameras are at every game so the highlights can be shown on MOTD or Sky. We are just making excuses here.
Arthur jones
6   Posted 02/04/2008 at 09:21:14

Nah , the main problem is DM is manager of the month , or is it Ossie losing his lucky boots ? or Mikkel ’ s lucky skiddies been nicked by Joey Yobo ?
Rob Jones
7   Posted 02/04/2008 at 08:56:56

’’A good resounding victory with several goals would be nice.........assuming our team isn?t keeping half of Liverpool?s medical and hospital staff busy!!!!’’

Nah just Marbellas medical team.

’’Now I live in Holland, I get to see every single match live on tv and whenever I MISS a game, we seem to lose! work that one out :-)’’

Simple, we’ll come over and tie you down next to your TV and turn on the sports channel, problem solved :)
Dean Johnson
8   Posted 02/04/2008 at 10:03:12

haha, I like it Rob, that is exactly what my mate suggested! :)
Joe McMahon
9   Posted 02/04/2008 at 11:37:46

Have we had any 3pm Satuday kick offs??

I think there has been 3 at Goodison all year (that’s include the Oldham Farce). Noe the Chelsea game has been switched.

I just wish Sky would Fuck Off, Saturday’s is for football.
Seamus Murphy
10   Posted 02/04/2008 at 12:01:32

We played very well on TV against City and Portsmouth
Steve Johnson
11   Posted 02/04/2008 at 17:05:04

There is a full breakdown of our results on live British TV here: http://www.evertonresults.com/livetv.html