Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Why not look ahead for next season?

I know I am looking ahead here but I was having that email chat in work about who we need for next season...
Jimmy Millican, Huyton     Posted 09/04/2008 at 11:08:48

Comments

Michael Kenrick
I'll stop you right there and tell you why not. Because this season is not over yet. We still have FIVE games to go and we look to be in serious danger of blowing 5th place and possibly the Uefa Cup, while still needing to move n some of our loan players under favourable terms. So let's have some focus please and forget all this FM/Pro-Evo/Fifa nonsense until this season has finished and the transfer window is actually open. If that means sitting on your hands for a month, so be it!
Jimmy Millican
1   Posted 09/04/2008 at 15:01:27

Michael unless you are David Moyes will this topic effect the team really? Or are you fighting for 4th on CM. End of the day we are not going to get 4th and we are neither going to lose 5th place...... if you actually watched the game on Sunday the team is already thinking of next season! Yak had his flip flops on and Arteta is resting that injury.

Its nice that you can close a topic down because YOUR opinion is the most important!
Nick Entwistle
2   Posted 09/04/2008 at 15:08:45

Bet anyone a tenner we get 4th....
Shaun Brennan
3   Posted 09/04/2008 at 15:14:01

Nick, I’ll bet you that tenner.

I hope I lose mate. Tenners a small price to pay.
Joe McMahon
4   Posted 09/04/2008 at 16:36:36

How about a tenner that we actually get a penalty, oohh no a tenner that Liverpool get one against them at Anfield in front of the Kop. Has that ever happened??
Mark Pendleton
5   Posted 09/04/2008 at 17:48:47

Could have done without West Ham letting us down at home against Pompey though.
Steve Williams
6   Posted 09/04/2008 at 18:35:37

Never mind 4th - the body language and performances of us and Pompey over the last few weeks suggest 5th is way beyond us. I don’t like to admit it but we’re running on empty whilst Pompey are gearing up for places in the Cup Final.

Even the crowd believe this - I don’t need to demonstrate this - the crowd did that admirably against WHU and Derby!
Ron Leith
7   Posted 09/04/2008 at 20:43:27

It?s gotta be 6th place at the least. We are about 8 points above the chasing pack. So even if Pompey beat us to 5th spot we wil qualify for Europe if they win the FA cup. So its not worth getting to screwed up. I for one knew 4th would never happen because the Premier League is a stich up. You can not tell me there is not a very strange curse over EFC with referees. It can?t be incompetence and so its fraud plain and simple. The second goal against West Ham was such a bad decision. AJ?S goal at Blackburn come on. And as for the LFC game well what more do I have to say. LFC must get 4th for the telly money. They have greater viewing figures and so Sepp Blatter has sent out an e-mail to all refs telling them to get it sorted. Otherwise his days are numbered and could be found hanging upsie down under a bridge. Also when we did finish 4th LFC got Sepp to magnatise our ball so we got Villerael. As for Collina well he was clearly nobbled. So don?t balme the team its just one big stitch up.
John Pickles
8   Posted 10/04/2008 at 13:24:04

If Pompey finish 5th & win the cup dosn’t the last UEFA spot go to the runners up.....Cardiff!
Martin Kulkarni
9   Posted 11/04/2008 at 11:07:52

Ron

Couldn’t agree more with your comments excepot your cup prediction.

From what I saw,watching both semis,Cardiff have every right to go into that one fully confident they were excellent especialy defensively.
Without Defoe,I can’t see them scoring against Cardiff.
I wouldn’t rule out Villa finishing above us either!