Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Sums everything up...

Just read a report in one of the Sunday's which states that Fernandes is to return to Valencia whilst Carsley is to be offered a new one year contract. I was at the game yesterday and IMO opinion (and many others who travelled on my coach) Fernandes was the best Everton platyer on the field whilst Carsley was arguably the WORST.

Before you Carsley lovers jump on my back and tell me about his fantastic season I will concede that he can win a few tackles but what else can he do... ? Can't pass, can't head, can't shoot (two good shots in five years does not constitute good shooting!!)

And whilst we are on the subject of his tackling, how many more needless free kicks is he going to concede on the edge of our box because yesterday's was by no means the first.

IMO the fact that we are willing to let a potentially top YOUNG player go and keep an ageing workhorse with limited ability just about sums everthing up about our club and in paricular our Board... enough said !!
Nelly  Blythe, Wirral     Posted 13/04/2008 at 10:37:26

Comments

Brian Garside
1   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:12:06

Manny must stay!!!
He will with the correct application develope into a compleat midfielder.
OK Carsley as a squad player but not instead of a proper footbaler.
Connor Rohrer
2   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:17:28

Fernandes over Carsley every day of the week for me. A far more talented player who is the type of player who we should be looking at if we want to move on.

Carsley has been past it for two years in my opinion. He’s slow and he lacks the footballing ability to play at this level. Without doubt the weak link in our midfield and makes us play a formation we should be trying to get away from.

He’s only in the team because his competition is Neville and Jags for the defensive midfield role. Great servant but we need to be moving on. If Moyes doesn’t get rid or make him a squad player then I’ll be disappointed.

I thought Fernandes, Jagielka and Howard where our best players yesterday. Fernandes was our only midfielder who looked like he had a clue. I want more from him but its an improvement and his quality is there to see.

Class player and if the price is right we should sign him.
Brian Waring
3   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:26:52

Thing is Connor, would Manny actually want to sign for us?
Mohammad Hussain
4   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:28:31

Moyes is going to Celtic, Arteta, Fernandes and Cars are all leaving ... apparently :(
Aidan Wade
5   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:26:38

Limited ability? I think he?d acknowledge that himself.

Yet for large parts of this season, Cars was playing a blinder, his timing in the tackle has been superb, and his reading of the game excellent.

Nobody would say he is not on his last legs, I?m sure the man himself would be the first to put up his hand to that but he has done enough to earn another year, albeit one of reduced participation.

If he doesn?t hack next season, he?ll probably move on after Christmas, but what are we losing in keeping him another year?

Manny needs to be Man of the Match in the next four games if there was to be any justification of the price tag. He has bags of talent, and if he had a bit more awareness of danger and wasn?t caught napping in possession so often I?d pay any money for him. He?s so far been a shadow of the player who helped us to 6th place last season.
Aidan Wade
6   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:35:19

To add to what I said, this statement is misleading.

"the fact that we are willing to let a potentially top YOUNG player go and keep an ageing workhorse with limited ability"

Manny: £12 Million (ish?)
Cars: Free

Its not as if giving cars another year has anything to do with signing Manny.
Matt Gibbs
7   Posted 13/04/2008 at 15:39:44

To add to what Aidan has just said, I was under the impression that Manny wasn’t a replacement for Cars. Which presupposes that even if we spend 12 million on Fernandes, Cars will still be playing DM.

I like Manny and thought that he was one of the missing links last year; he certainly gave us some memorable moments. But 12 million? That’s a bit steep. I hope that he can put a good shift in over the next few games, and I’d like to see him stay, but 12 million is still a bit steep, no?
Paul Murphy
8   Posted 13/04/2008 at 16:48:42

Woah woah... dont believe everything you read!

Has the optimism evaporated so soon? Why would Arteta leave? Where is he going? Who told you that anyway?

Chin up guys, we have had a fantastic season and if all our best players do leave after a season so good we may as well not bother playing.
Robert Pierpoint
9   Posted 13/04/2008 at 17:04:04

I think in terms of our squad there is a lot of negativity that needs to evaporate if we are to claim the fifth spot. It's important that all of the fans get behind the team for these last four games. Granted it seems like the wheels are coming off, and we are struggling but there are only four games to go and we find ourselves in a great position. Our run in does look worrying, our record against the top four shocking, but whoever plays it is important that we get behind the players. I saw the post criticising Anichebe for example, and frankly its not helpful. Unfortunately it is clear that we are carrying deadwood in this team and it is imperative that in the summer we shed it, but for now let's look to getting behind the boys for these last four games and hopefully guaranteeing fifth place and Europe for next year.
Declan McCarthy
10   Posted 13/04/2008 at 17:13:31

Just watched a recording of the game,I?m so angry words fail me. I think what hurts me the most is that, apart from a few players (Howard, Fernandes, Jags) the rest of the team didn?t want to know.

Sadly as a team we have no spine and I don?t buy tiredness and injuries as an excuse we lost Cahill and Artetea at other times as well and we played ok. Moyes and the players seem to accept no responsibilty for the loss of form.

I wonder why any other players we might be interested in would think about joining us now? If Fernandes goes back to Valencia who can blame him? Seems they're in trouble also.

I have to go, the old BP is gone through the roof. I?m just really angry, sorry!! This really hurts today.

Ajay Gopal
11   Posted 13/04/2008 at 18:39:47

Whoa! Before anybody criticises Cars too much, just remember that it was his scoop from the back line that resulted in our goal yesterday.

Yes, his hand-ball resulted in the goal, but shit happens ! Ask Gallas (after the Manure-Arse game today) !!