Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Moment of Magic

We can take Chelsea. This is a demoralized team that has just blown its chance of catching Manchester United. What would have been a huge motivation to beat us has become enormous pressure to beat us, which is very different. Some of their players have one eye on staying fit for the semi-final and hopefully, final of the Champions League.

They may even rest some key men. What we need is to take the game to them, be physically intimidating and not try to defend deep or look to hit them on the break. If Yakubu or Johnson are played up front on their own, we will lose. If we attack Chelsea from the get go we can win.
Peter Fearon, Liverpool     Posted 15/04/2008 at 14:42:51

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Peter, I'm sorry but we just don't play like that. End of.
Patty Beesley
1   Posted 15/04/2008 at 15:39:14

See my contribution under "FA Warns Moyes". Thought you were in Australia!
Alan McGuffog
2   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:05:25

No. Chelsea will win comfortably by at least two goals.
We may be modelling next years kit however. The one with the bloody great yellow streak down the back.
Billy Dean
3   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:08:03

With the players available, I don’t think we can play that way. I think the best chance we have is to play it defensive and frustrate them and try and nick a goal. It’s not pretty but needs must!
Mike Whittaker
4   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:22:04

It will be an improvement on that semi-final debacle if we have a shot on goal in the 90 minutes.

Cant see anything other than a comfortable Chelsea win as Moyes will do his usual against the top teams and give them the ball and camp 10 players just outside our penalty box.
Mark Griffiths
5   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:28:33

Alan, where have you seen the new kit???

Any links???
John Lloyd
6   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:31:34

Funny... someone help Mark Griffiths!
Billy Dean
7   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:41:02

Mike Whittaker, its not ideal, but don’t you think that’s the only way we can play at the moment, given that all our creative midfielders are unfit? Maybe we can frustrate them...
John Blestone
8   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:40:18

Why do we always always see neville does his rallying cry on Evertonfc.com. All I want from him is to pass the ball to an Everton player away from our keeper direction, is it more difficult?
Mark Griffiths
9   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:42:35

AHHH fuck!!!

Just got that, to be fair I only glanced at the comment as I am full of cold and my head feels like there is a yeti living in it!

I thought it was too early to be advertising the new kit!
Brian Waring
10   Posted 15/04/2008 at 16:48:19

Yeah Mark, we believe you!!!
Tom Edwards
11   Posted 15/04/2008 at 17:07:42

Sorry Peter, I wish I could believe that we can better Chelski, but I think our season effectively ended against Fiorentina. Lets face it, we made hard work of Derby and they were a lost cause months ago. Chelski still believe they are in with a shout of the title and have a squad depth far greater than ours. I really would like to see our boys take the bull by the bollocks and give it a go, but there is not much evidence of that knocking around Goodison at the moment.

I pray they prove me wrong and I will gladly come on the site and admit my mistake!
roy coyne
12   Posted 15/04/2008 at 18:05:43

Im glad no one on here is giving the team a pep talk ,Ok we are playing poorly and are short of players.but those who are playing must feel like us and want to show Chelsea we can put up a better show than last time .the remarks about it being a waste of time playing the second leg was a insult to the players or should be. I am expecting a better performance than any since the Italians.
Kenada Bloomington
13   Posted 15/04/2008 at 18:52:48

If we pass it about instead of hoofing the ball and chasing we wouldn't be so tired and we?ll probably get something from this game and the remaining games.

Bit of calm is needed. We panic we?ll loose. Stick to a game plan, frustrate them - should get something out of it.
Tony Williams
14   Posted 15/04/2008 at 19:18:46

I am just hoping that this game is our one "freak result" of the season and we tonk them.

Nurse.....my medication is working
Tim Lloyd
15   Posted 15/04/2008 at 19:40:05

I frequently read of our defenders ’hoofing’ the ball upfield. This has certainly become more prevalent of late but I have to say, it is not all that surprising as (1) they are so often under pressure and (2) there is no midfield available at the moment to provide short passes to.

Maybe the biggest offender is Jags but I watched him carefully and, though unsuccessful, I noticed he was trying to do a Beckham. Trouble is, he hasn’t thew same skill level!
Greg Murphy
16   Posted 15/04/2008 at 22:23:45

Jokes aside, the images of the new kit are imminent, I hear. Images of the new RS kit are already on the web. We’re definitely wearing ours for the Toon game anyhow.
Peter Bourke
17   Posted 15/04/2008 at 23:09:55

You can only hope Peter, but with the key playmakers out injured I think your hope is a dream.
@Michael Kenrick.
We haven?t played like that recently but we have played like that at times this year when we have had our key creative players. If we had our squad at full strength I?m sure Peter?s hopes would be fulfilled.
Nelly Blythe
18   Posted 16/04/2008 at 18:49:30

Just read that report which has Moyes saying the Arteta & Osman have only very slim chance of being fit for Chelsea. So that would mean the same midfield again then....GOD FUCKING HELP US !!
Peter Fearon
19   Posted 16/04/2008 at 19:49:30

Patty Beesley, I think you’re thinking of Dick Fearon. So far as I know he’s no relation but he could be.