Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

One for the Rumour Mill

The Mirror, and Wikipedia, are linking us to Michael Bradley. Standing at 1.85m (6ft 1 in old money) and 21 in July, he plays for Heerenveen (Holland) in midfield. He knocks in a goal about one in three games. He is 'defensive' midfield for the USA, so should be visible in the forthcoming friendly.

It seems to make sense given his CV and DM's liking for English speakers. Mind you, Mark Hughes and others are thinking along similar lines - look him up in Wikipedia for I.
Keith Glazzard, Fallowfield     Posted 16/04/2008 at 21:21:22

Comments

Rob Jones
1   Posted 16/04/2008 at 22:36:32

Sorry mate but we’ve known about MB for months, weren’t we linked with him in January and last summer?
Dan Adams
2   Posted 16/04/2008 at 23:15:13

I would never take wikipedia as a source worth any merrit! It claimed serveral times last summer that we had already signed Manny on the dotted line. It can be edited by any loser with an opinion and there is quite a few of those about. Apart from that rant I hope we are linked with him, I watched a Heerenveen match on late nite TV a while back and looked a class act, hopefully he can step up to the Premier League.
Mark Pendleton
3   Posted 17/04/2008 at 08:15:21

As for this particular rumour there does seem every chance that there my be something in it. I?ve not seen the guy play but i?ve heard many promising things. He seems to meet the critera we?re after anyway, in terms of a midfield addition and a Moyes signing in general.

Heerenveen you say? Andy van der Meyde in part exchange anyone?
Erik Dols
4   Posted 17/04/2008 at 08:53:45

I live in the Netherlands and have commented on him before. He plays in an central attacking mifield position for Heerenveen, a bit in Cahill-fashion. He’s great in arriving late in the box and nicking the ball in the goal. I hardly ever see him make a tackle. He’s young and has some talent, he will work his socks off as well. I don’t expect him to have an immediate impact though. If we can buy him for a reasonable fee (anywhere up to £5 or £6 M) and give him the time to develop he can become a decent player.
Davey Militwitch
5   Posted 17/04/2008 at 09:15:13

Using the Tony Marsh school of scouting he should be a storming succcess because he is tall. Towering above Leon Osman, Pienaar, and Arteta At 6ft 1" Tony must think we have the new Christiano Ronaldo on our hands.
Mike Allison
6   Posted 17/04/2008 at 16:51:26

He seems to tick all the right boxes, and is the type of player we need. Without having actually seen him play though I’m not sure I’d want to try to sound too knowledgable about what its worth paying for him.

Anyone who’s a genuine midfielder would be an improvement at the moment though. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, our most successful formation is 4-5-1 and we only actually own 4 midfielders...