Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Ch Ch Ch Changes.........

I heard a funny story today whilst in work, which will make some people realise that Bill Kenwright is not all bad.

The guy I was working with today was a Mansfield supporter and he told me that their chairman, in his wisdom, has decided that the name 'Mansfield' does not hold enough appeal to the masses. The chairman has then ? and this is not a word of a lie ? proposed that the team change their name to 'Harchester Rovers'!!! For those who don't know, this is the fictional team that is featured on Sky One's football soap opera, Dream Team. Now I've heard everything!
Franny  Porter, Aylesbury     Posted 19/04/2008 at 18:50:24

Comments

AndrewHumphrey
1   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:05:00

Think that was an Sky Sports April fools, Franny. Got yer!
Gavin Ramejkis
2   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:09:02

The bigger joke is BK turning the once proud Everton into Kirkby Town FC - get him and that other chancer Wyness out.
Brian Waring
3   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:34:46

Gavin, I reckon Knowsley Utd has a better ring to it.
Roy Coyne
4   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:32:45

Gavin, don't you realise that, no matter how many times you point out Bill's faults (all, by the way, I totally agree), there are a lot on these sites who don't accept he's a liar and think he's doing great going to Kirkby. I have given up as so many seemingly sensible people buy into him and Wyness's fantasy land.
Jay Harris
5   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:54:52

Here?s one shareholder [Frank Hargreaves] who doesn't:-
quote from the 2006 AGM

"We won?t get to know anything, or be able to change anything until next year. I stood here last year, Bill, or was it the year before, and I got accused of calling you liars. I didn?t call you a liar; I said I haven?t got much faith in you because every time you promise you don?t deliver. We had a fella here from Billy Smart?s circus the other year, who was introduced as the saving grace of Everton Football Club. Never to be heard of again. Took his two hundred and fifty large ones and got off. He?s gone. No one?s heard of him. No one?s heard of his mates that he was bringing on board to save the Club. It was exactly the same as what?s going on tonight. We?ve got a new ground. We?re going in with Tesco. Don?t worry. It?s all going to be great. It?s different now, Bill, because not a lot of people, not many people are behind this the way we were with the King?s Dock because it?s the boy who cried wolf with you, Bill. And you don?t deliver and I?m sorry but I?ve got no faith in you.?

Mr Kenwright?s response? ?Thank you, Frank.?

Jay Harris
6   Posted 19/04/2008 at 22:57:43

Another suggestion that might get us some free publicity for Kirkby:-

LANDFILL ROVERS
Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 20/04/2008 at 00:11:32

Brian the horrible thing is my cousin used to play for Kirkby Town which became Knowlsey Utd they both existed and guess what faded like the town into obscurity in the thriving metropolis of Kirkby if I remember right before they disappeared they were playing at Alt Park in Huyton and not even Kirkby anymore.
Derek Thomas
8   Posted 20/04/2008 at 05:50:58

I hear we are in negotiations with Melchester Rovers and a the estate of Roy of the same to bring the franchise to the Altside Tesco Dome

PS We are also going to sign Billy the Fish as cover for Tim Howard.
James McCarthy
9   Posted 20/04/2008 at 06:28:28

Is it not possible to raise any kind of topic without it being twisted into an anti BK or Kirkby rant.

It is all a bit too ridiculous, predictable and boring for words.
Rich Jones
10   Posted 20/04/2008 at 09:21:29

James, some people are very concerned about what these people are trying to do to our clubs medium- to long-term future ? how you can accuse them of ranting is beyond me. Even if you believe in the move you must have been a little concerned about recent revelations of covering up other offers within the city and the blatent smoke screens over the £78milion costs. I find it fascinating ? no unbelivable!! ? that some fans can be so carefree.
Paul Gladwell
11   Posted 20/04/2008 at 11:07:09

Rich could not of put it better myself and we will remember these people when it DOES go tits up.