Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Villa Game

This is a real crunch game so can I urge absolutely everybody to lose the library mentality and really get vocally behind the lads on Sunday. Why do I even I have to say this?

Well, true, the football we have been playing over the last 8 or so games (excluding Fiorentina at home) has been woeful. Naturally as we're so fanatical about our team it's easy for us all to criticise players during the game. I do it myself. Sometimes just the sight of Hibbert warming up sends me into a frenzy. Surely such outbursts from us or like the recent displays I've seen from the Park End lambasting Arteta and Neville cannot help the players, the team or the game's outcome? I'm sure when a player makes a blatant mistake they know they've done it. I don't think they will have intended to do it on purpose.

How uplifting must it be for a player to hear 40,000 fans singing their name? Wouldn't that make you feel good, confident and, hopefully, perform better?

So when you see Hibbert, Jagielka and Yobo hoof a long ball to a couple of midget strikers for the 20th time, don't boo ? sing their names!

When you see AJ run for the corner flag for the 10th time, don't boo ? sing his name instead!!

When you see the Yak miss a sitter ? sing his name!!!

When you see our players frozen in place watching their teammate with the ball, sing their names!!!!

If Pip gives the ball away, sing his name!!!!!

When we do something good, let Villa know Everton are the best football team in the world. This is our chance to make the players feel good; this is our chance to avoid having to write damning forum posts after the event; this is our chance to have a positive impact on the result.

This is our duty. COYB COYB COYB.
Mike Williams, Cheshire     Posted 23/04/2008 at 11:31:19

Comments

Andrew Fletcher
1   Posted 23/04/2008 at 12:42:38

I hope the only running to the corner flag AJ does is to celebrate a hatrick.
Anthony Horabin
2   Posted 23/04/2008 at 12:47:03

Problem is a lot of our fans only see what's happening at the present moment and have forgotten what we have achieved this year. We can all see the game in front of us and recently they have been poor, but to boo the players is totally wrong.
Connor Rohrer
3   Posted 23/04/2008 at 12:57:20

If the players show me something then I?ll sing...........simple as. If they keep surrendering posession, shit out of tackles and show a lazy end-of-season mentality then I won?t.
Chirs Perry
4   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:01:56

Stop Harping on about what we have achieved this year. What exactly have we achieved????
  • Not beating a top 4 team
  • Getting knocked out of the FA cup by Oldham
  • Loosing to Chelsea in the semi ? twice
  • Getting knocked out of Europe
  • Loosing to Fulham, Liverpool
  • Drawing with West Ham and Birmingham
  • Scraping a win at Derby,
  • Losing to Chelsea(again), to blow our chance of 4th, then 5th and may be 6th.
So please tell me what have we achieved?Answer: fuck all ? apart from promosing so much and delivering so fucking little. You Anthony Horabin may be satisfied but I bet for every 1 that is there is 100 that are not.
Alan Codd
5   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:07:26

"Our chance to make the players feel good"??????
Obscene wages are surely enough to do that.
If they cant get motivated for this game then they dont belong here.
Sunday games dont help either
Alan Codd
6   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:07:26

"Our chance to make the players feel good"??????
Obscene wages are surely enough to do that.
If they cant get motivated for this game then they dont belong here.
Sunday games dont help either
Paul Jones
7   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:15:37

"If Pip gives the ball away, sing his name!!!!!"

That wouldn’t leave enough air in Goodison to sing the praises of anyone else!
Kenada Bloomington
8   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:34:24

Ok, we?ll just boo everyone because whatever tha players and the manager do is never good enough.

I dont know about some people sometimes.

I?ll be watching and cheering the boys on. They need a boost
Joe McMahon
9   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:38:36

Andrew Fletcher - AJ Hatrick, Ha Bloody Ha. Errr last time he scored even 2 in a match was over 18 months ago. I do of course realise that the 2 most expensive player in our history SHOULD be scoring regularly...but there you go!
Tony Williams
10   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:40:03

MIke, I fear the silence will continue to reign on Sunday, you can feel the edginess in the stands.

I sit in the Lower Gwladys and it is usually so vocal but even they have been subdued of late.

It is a worry because when you get past the defence, no one else seems to be able to actually do their job.

Nervous times... and the nervousness is spreading like wildfire through the crowd and, it seems, the team.

Worrying times ahead methinks...
Joe McMahon
11   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:41:35

Sorry in my last comment it shoud read 2nd most expensive.

I agree with Chirs Perry, at the end of the day WHAT have we acheived?
Steve Williams
12   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:43:40

Admirable sentiments I think, but encouragement is a two way street.

The Crowd feed off the players and vice-versa.

I’ve heard the rallying call to the crowd, but it’s the rallying call to the players (or lack of it) from the coaching staff that worries me.
Jay Wilson
13   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:42:23

What have we acheived? We?ll...we?ve won 18 games in the league, had our best unbeaten run in Europe ever. Beat Zenit (semi finalists) were the first team to beat AZ Alkmaar away in Europe for 30 years. We beat a team 7-1, we beat a country's champions 6-1. Need I go on? For every negative you can give a positive and vice versa.

The simple fact is, we are improving but we are no where near as good as the so called big 4...We have however beaten every other team in our league...a lot of them twice. So less of the knee jerk reactions lets look at the bigger picture. And before anyone says we used to be good etc etc etc. We have only been good for 3 years out of nearly 40 and those 3 years were 20 years ago.

We HAVE improved this year from last, will improve next. Everyone wrote us off before the campaign, stating we couldn?t compete with Tottenham, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Villa, City etc because they have loads more cash and better players. Well at present we are above all of them and will be again next year.
Johnny Bell
14   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:41:27

FFS are we Everton fans or what? Just listen to some of the shite coming from ?so-called? Evertonians. Regardless of what we COULD or SHOULD have achieved this season we haven?t so just get behind the boys on Sunday and give them as much support as we can from start to finish, 5th is by no means ours so lets all do our bit to roar our boys over the line. Nil satis nisi optimum applies to us FANS too!! COYB
Shaun Kinnair
15   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:43:12

Got to laugh at the guys on here who say we’ve not achieved anything!! Isn’t this great, were in fifth and our expectations have risen that high under Moyes... that were complaining about what a shit season we’ve had!! We’d have been dancing in the streets 5 years ago at our position at the moment.
Anyway its only football guys and at the moment none of the 4 teams above us have achieved anything this season either ..YET and only 1 or 2 of the 4 will achieve something.
Vishal Poorundersingh
16   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:50:27

Plz guys, we need to give a good support to our team on Sunday. This is a must win match. From the start to the end we need to support the team and believe me we will succeed.
Joe McMahon
17   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:57:08

Johnny Bell & Co we have achieved some things this year, agreed. Good run from Late Oct to mid January. But I?m looking at very very highly paid players who earn more in a week than I get in 2 years. What I would like to see, is passing to another player of your same team, running with the ball, looking up, actually shooting at goal, making their keeper save the odd shot and taking corner?s that clear the first man.

What I am fed up with seeing is Hoofing the ball upfield, negative line upfield including all 3 of Carsley, Hibbert & Neville and AJ running into corners not controling the ball, having shots that bearly have the legs to get to the keeper. Is it really too much to ask!

Declan Burke
18   Posted 23/04/2008 at 13:56:10

Got to agree with Shaun. I prefer to be in our present position than to be fighting relegation. He is also right in that there is only one, possibly two trophies now available to the Sky 4 to share out between them.
Arsenal will win nothing and I am hoping that the red shite will win nothing either. The other thing to remember is that the season is not over until the last game against the barcodes. So lets get behind OUR team in these games and hope that they will put in the effort that we expect. It ain’t over till the fat lady sings.

COYB
Steve Pendleton
19   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:16:03

In aggreeance with Connor.Tough to sing when there isn’t much to sing about. Difficult to get off your seat and sing, I imagine, if we don’t create many opportunities.

Now give us something to sing about lads!!!!!!!
Chad Schofield
20   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:15:18

I’ll be there singing and cheering my heart out!

And Joe McMahon... AJ isn’t our most expensive signing ever - at least get ti right if you’re going to start having a go.

SO glad we’ve got Peanuts permanent!!!
Steve Ashton
21   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:34:54

Chris, Connor, Alan and Paul - are you going to the Villa game?

Sincerely hope not.

Don’t need you, don’t want you.
Joe McMahon
22   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:46:12

Chad Schofield - if you read all comments before you also have a go, you will notice I acknowledge that I meant to type 2nd most expensive.
Chad Schofield
23   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:52:45

Joe McMahon... right you are, sorry I saw taht just after I had posted it, so sorry.

Just annoys me people getting on AJ’s (well any of players including Pip’s) back. Not by any means saying they’re perfect, but some of the crap spouted!!
Peter Barnes
24   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:35:30

I find it funny that there are Everton fans out there who honestly believe we?ve achieved nothing this season. You need to look at the bigger picture. It?s all about progress at the moment not trophies. Moyes is building a squad that WILL eventually challenge the top 4 on a regular basis but we fans need to be patient. We?re improving all the time and i?m pretty sure with a couple of quality signings in the summer we?ll edge that bit closer. If there were signs of no improvement at the club then I could understand your frustration but that's not the case. I feel next season could be the season we break into the "Sky 4" if Moyes gets his signings right in the summer.
Chris Perry
25   Posted 23/04/2008 at 14:59:21

Steve Ashton. I am going to the Villa game, I am a season ticket holder, however I am very disilusioned with what I have seen this season. I do not think we have made good progress. How can we have done we still have Neville, Hibbert and Osman playing on a regular basis. I think you and your fellow "we have had a good season" fans clearly have lower standards and expectations.
Connor Rohrer
26   Posted 23/04/2008 at 15:05:50

Steve Ashton, If the team play well and show some passion then I?ll sing my heart out. Whether we win or loose if I see the effort the boys have put in I?ll give my all.

But I can?t sing if there isn?t anything there to sing about. The players have to show something. We buy our season tickets to be entertained and if where not where dissapointed.

That applies to the majoirty of fans aswell as proven in the last few matches. The players have played shite football so the fans haven?t responded. I sit in the Street end the noisest stand in Goodison and for the last few home games its been very very quiet.

Don?t try and make out that you're and exception and you sing all game whether where playing good or not. It just doesn?t happen.
Alan Codd
27   Posted 23/04/2008 at 15:08:09

Steve Ashton in ref to your comment Yes I will be there.
Forgive me if I dont wave a banner and get over exited about watching drab negative hoofball football. But lets face it my job is not to motivate players who are payed vast ammounts of money that I can only dream off.
Dont get me wrong I do not sit at the match slagging everyone off , but if the football I watch is awfull then I will voice my opinion and in my opinion Phil Neville is not fit to play week in week out, if you think that makes me a bad supporter then fair enough.
Also the purpose of the forum is to express your opinion not snipe like school children.
Kevin Bennett
28   Posted 23/04/2008 at 16:16:32

Is someone making names up on here? Kenada Bloomington, Vishal Poorundersingh ??

That Alan Codd sounds a bit fishy as well??

Lighten up guys, what happened to good old sing yer hearts out for the lads !!
Brian Waring
29   Posted 23/04/2008 at 16:22:00

Look lad’s, there is one way to support the team vocally throughout the game. Everytime we hoof it up, shout HOOF! That mean’s for most of the 90mins, we will be making a noise.
John Murphy
30   Posted 23/04/2008 at 17:08:20

Don’t you mean when pip gives the ball away, sing his name!!
Steve Ashton
31   Posted 23/04/2008 at 17:44:15

So here we have it, that age old conundrum why do we follow a football team - I was going to say support but the definition of support is to lift up or to edify and not many comments on here do that.

Do you buy your season tickets so that you have someone other than the wife and the cat to vent your spleens on? OR do you buy them to support your team through thick and thin playing well or badly, in the EPL or Conference.

Alan - if your waiting for a magnificent 10 man sweeping move concluding with a 25 yard screamer into the top corner before your raise your voice - then you may as well be dumb, cos we all know its not really going to happen, but if you stand up shout and scream for the lads for 90 mins then possibly you might just scare the shit out of the opposition and make our budget buys get off their arses and play.
Connor Rohrer
32   Posted 23/04/2008 at 18:05:43

The thing is Steve the atmosphere as a whole is very poor at every ground in the country.

I’m not one to start off songs but I am one to join in and lately I haven’t even been able to join in because its been so quiet.

So yes you can have a go at the likes of me but the fact of the matter is no one sings there heart out for 90 minutes unless where playing well. People may claim they do but sitting in the Street end I can tell you thats not the case.

The other thing is what do you do if your singing and the team still isn’t responding. The Chelsea semi final was a perfect example of this. The atmosphere was electric in the first 30 minutes but it did nothing for the players and they ended up bottling it in my opinion.

As I’ve said if the teams show the quality, passion and tenacity that we all know they have then everyone will sing. If they don’t and bottle another big game then no one will sing........simple as.
Steve Ashton
33   Posted 23/04/2008 at 18:25:55

Totally agree about Chelsea and we have had a quiet season on the terraces but I think back to Pompey at GP last season... Like the proverbial graveyard for 45 mins then we all get up, sing our hearts out for the second half, win 3-0, and the Pompey fans applaud us.

Bizarre!
James Davies
34   Posted 23/04/2008 at 18:24:34

I?m not quite sure what some people expected from us at the start of the season - league champions maybe? The fact is we only need one more point to break our record for most points in a Premier League season. That?s progress of some sort, surely?
Lewis Abbott
35   Posted 23/04/2008 at 18:31:24

Goodison has been dead all year!!! Face it!Apart, that is, from Chelsea (but we were shite) and Fiorentina, which was the best game I have been to at the old lady
Anthony Newell
36   Posted 23/04/2008 at 19:34:05

Very difficult to get the enthusiasm going when you see Neville on the team sheet
Leo Vinden
37   Posted 23/04/2008 at 19:43:13

Every now and again I hear so-called Evertonians complaining about our players or Kenwright/Wyness not living up to our famous motto, but to be honest we as fans rarely do so either. Any sports psychologist can tell you that confidence is key in all performance based activities such as sports, and although some players gets motivated by abuse from the opponents supporters, getting abuse from your own is only likely to have a detrimental effect. The team and the players need our support the most when things are not going well, and this should be obvious to everyone.

If we really think nil satis nisi optimum is what Everton is - or at least should be - about, then we all know what to do come Sunday.
Michael Kenrick
38   Posted 23/04/2008 at 20:36:28

Okay, Steve Ashton, and any others who are tempted, let’s please stop imposing your own definitions of "Evertonian" "Supporter" and "Season-ticket holder" on anyone else.

Each of us are free to be Evertonains in whichever way we choose, to support our team however we like, and to buy or not buy a season ticket as is our wont. Stop this judegmental crap, please.
james jenks
39   Posted 23/04/2008 at 22:42:26

evertonains should be up for every game no matter the consequences. you expect the players to play like it’s their last game and give 110% all the time, and so should the supporters do the same, not just the games that "mean" something.
Dave Turner
40   Posted 23/04/2008 at 23:26:44

Joe McMahon

I didn’t realise the game against Brann was 18months ago. Could swear blind AJ scored two that game.

Hey, how time flies eh?

Mark Perry
41   Posted 23/04/2008 at 23:34:23

What really anoys me, about some of our fans is the total lack of perspective about what we have achieved this season.

We have built on what we achieved in past seasons, we on on course for a top 6 finish.

We have a quality squad.

We did well in Europe.

We’have beaten the teams below us.

We play better quality football.

Yes we lost to fiorentina but they are a very good side and I was so proud of our boys after the match they gave their all. Next season we will try again and go even further.

Yes we have strugggled against the top 4, but so has everyone else, thats why they are the top 4. Withy more players next season I expect us to win a few against them.

Yes we are in a fight for 5th now, but it has been a long season and the players are tired and down after being knocked out of Europe. Its up to us as fans to get behined them and help them get 5th. Time for us to be the 12th man not the fucking whinging moaning ungreatful bastards that some of us are.

We have come further than the likes of spurs, city and other who have spent small fortunes. What we have achieved has been in planned steps that have taken us on a great euro adventure, cemented us firmly as a regular top 6 finnishers, and given us a great season to remember.

Cheer on our boys we are EFC not strife ridden red shites FFS
Jason Lam
42   Posted 24/04/2008 at 03:16:29

I was wondering, if 7th was good enough for Europe, would we all be so worked up? It’s the anxiety and fear of missing out in Europe next season.

I would view no UEFA next season as lack of progress. COYBs
Michael Hunt
43   Posted 24/04/2008 at 08:41:37

IF the players aren’t fucking fired up for this one there is something serious amiss. Same goes for fans of both sides.
Villa are bang on form and we’re bang off form but this match means so much to both sides that form goes out the window. Home advantage is key in this one, lets make it count. Bring it on, COYB!!!
Gavin Ramejkis
44   Posted 24/04/2008 at 08:56:02

If a so called professional sportsman on an obscene wage in comparison to the working schmucks in the stadium that pay their wages can’t be arsed or play shite they will get bell end and deserve it. If many of the readers and contributors to this site made significant mistakes in their lesser paid mortal jobs they would get the spanish archer (El Bow) by their boss. Don’t feel sorry for them, as said above, if they earn my cheers they will get it and rightly so if they are shite they will get my tirade of abuse.
Mark Davies
45   Posted 24/04/2008 at 09:41:18

This complaining is unbelievable! Fans of clubs outside the Sky 4 would kill to have our squad and be in 5th after a great season.

Yes we have limited funds, but unless one of these whingers is going to put their hands in their pockets they should ?belt up? and support the most cost effective manager in the league. Unlike a few seasons back when every game we played seemed to be a lottery, I watch us with the expectation that we will put in a great show and often win. It wasn?t that long ago that we were shit!

Paul O'Hanlon
46   Posted 24/04/2008 at 10:11:12

If Arteta and Osman are fit then there?s no reason for the team not to get the ball down and attack. 5th is in our own hands and we?re playing at home. Attack and keep the ball on the deck and the fans will more than match the players effort. Hoof the ball from back to front and the fans will vent their frustration, simply as.
Joe McMahon
47   Posted 24/04/2008 at 12:21:23

Dave Turner - yes you are correct AJ scored a brace against the mighty Brann.

I was thinking more along the lines of actual Premiership Oppostion, something that would justify the £8.5 million price tag. And to think Tony Cottee recieved so much stick, when he banged them in regularly.
Dave Turner
48   Posted 24/04/2008 at 12:41:20

I would agree with you Joe that Andy Johnson return since joining Everton has been disappointing, think he somewhere around the 1 goal every 3 games area.

However, I do rate him, I think his runs can create and would like to see more of him up front with Yakubu.

Even with Vaughan and Ancihebe, I think AJ is the second striker now at the club, Vaughan has the potential but unfortunately also has the injury list, and I am still not convinved by Victor.

I wouldn’t like to see AJ leave the club, but I will say, that I would like him to become the third striker at the club with a new signing in the summer.

I had to take some claim at your post though as it wasn’t very well thought out, and also I think AJ gets more stick than maybe his disappointing goal return deserves.
Dave Turner
49   Posted 24/04/2008 at 12:50:34

Oh and just on the Tony Cottee thing, I was quite young when he was banging them in, I must admit, he was a bit of a hero to me!
Joe McMahon
50   Posted 24/04/2008 at 13:10:22

Fair enough Dave. Personally I’m not a fan of Johnson, he runes yes, but I just don’t think his control and shooting ability is up to it. Yes maybe he’s a squad player (but a bloody expensive one) I would also like another striker in the summer, as I worry that Vaughan will always be troubled by injury (aka Darren Anderton). BUT I will sing from the roof tops if AJ pays some of his money back and fires us to 5th place...COYB.
Chris Perry
51   Posted 24/04/2008 at 13:17:41

I cannot believe people are now deciding if you should / should not be an Everton supporter / season ticket holder based on your comments on here. Grow up and smell the coffee, the "players" are probably earning between £25,000 - £50,000 per week to serve up complete crap. This is more that Mr average earns in a year and we are happily paying it.

Would you buy a new car run it for a few weeks and say oh well its tired, it does not like the rain, no you fucking wouldn't! So why make excuses for this bunch of over-paid, over-complimented under-performing under-achieving bunch?

Mike Coates
52   Posted 24/04/2008 at 14:42:55

Yak needs 3 more for his top..

Hat trick against Villa would be nice ;)

How good it would be for a third..

Dreaming.. yes. Puuur haps!
Trudy Boston
53   Posted 24/04/2008 at 16:38:04

No one can say what will happen at the weekend at the Old Lady. As it happens, I’m sitting in here in my nice Blue Everton shirt and it always makes me proud to wear it, no matter what the circumstances are or what the seasons deliver.

I wore the strip in 1994 when I was almost in tears after Gary Ablett put the ball in his own net to give Wimbledon what looked like a nailed on victory and send us down to the twilight world of the Championship or whatever the league was called back then. It was the same for the Coventry game four years later, for which I had the good fortune to be present at Goodison in what I can say was the most memorable game I have ever attended on Merseyside. I experienced sadness, fear, and jubiliation of a lifetime all in the space of one football game.

So whatever the weekend brings, I will be cheering on the team come what may. If we don’t get the fifth place, then so be it. It will not be for the lack of trying. I am quietly confident that we can beat Villa, and cement that UEFA cup place and have another crack at Europe’s finest next season.

I can’t help but notice that we would be playing Glasgow Rangers in the Semi Finals of the UEFA cup if we had got past our penalty demons against Florence. With all due respect to Walter Smith and his team a two legged game against the Ibrox side would have been winnable, and then we would be facing our first European final since 1985. Even more relevant would be the possiblity of maintaning our push for 4th place, which might have been achieved IF we had beaten Florence that night.

But it’s no good crying over what might have been. The fact of the matter is that 4th place has been lost, even more upsetting considering just who it is that got it instead. But 5th place is there for the taking, all we have to do is beat Aston Villa on saturday and hope for something out of our last games.

If only it was that simple.
Marc Dale
54   Posted 24/04/2008 at 17:23:09

Just wanted to say all the crap aside, Good Luck Everton, please make us proud, and if you lose, lose fighting. Everton forever, you're damn right!
Ste Kenny
55   Posted 24/04/2008 at 19:47:17

I?m gunna sing like fuck because this season i?ve had some of the best away days of my life, with us winning. Most of the season we?ve been above the red shite and at times we?ve been more than a match for Arsenal and Man U at home. Just because we?ve gone a bit flat after going out in Europe(which happens to most teams) doesn?t mean we should all be moaning. And if you only sing when you see good football then there musn't have been a song sung inside Goodison from 1991- 2006
Liam Loftus
56   Posted 25/04/2008 at 00:15:56

I've had this argument many times in the last 4 years - I live in Newcastle now, and they always go on how they're the best fans ever as they sing for 90 mins regardless of the result. Personally ? and i think any football fan will agree ? that's bollocks and what sets Everton apart. Let me explain...

Geordies claim after they got hammered 4-1 in Cardiff against United they were class and singing 'til the end. I'd have personally walked out as gettin beat 4-1, never mind in a semi-final, is totally unacceptable. What's a player going to resond more to ? everyone singin there name after a hammering or empty seats in our end with the other fans goading them. think about it...

And that's why, every time Hibbert or Neville fucks up, I'm first to be on their back to slate them because it's not good enough. I'll never slate Lescott as, whatever he does, it's fucking better than them two clowns. I know our players know we're behind them 100% but if they're not good enough, I refuse to support them.

For example, do you ever expect Hibbert to clear the first man on a cross? No. So why the fuck should I put up with a shit player all round (who can't tackle by the way) who earns at least £15,000 a week doing week in week out what I can do at Sunday League level?

That's why I've got a chip on my shoulder and that's why this Sunday, if Hibbert fucks up, I'll let him know.

Paul Hardcastle
57   Posted 25/04/2008 at 02:33:15

Wow, Liam. I?m impressed... what a wonderful supporter you are, eh? Living in Newcastle has definitely rubbed off on you. That Hibbert bloke... I ask you?

Mind you, I think, if you remove those barcodes off your Specsaver Specials for a minute, you misght see Hibbert is actually a bloody good tackler, blocker allround defender... that?s "DEFENDER". Not a fucking wing-back or whatever they are called these days. If what you describe sets you apart, I?m glad for the rest of us... but sadly I suspect not.

This thread really has brought out some right pearlers from the Sunday Leagues and elsewhere. There?s a reason why you?re playing there, sonny Jim, while Hibbo is doing his best in a Royal Blue shirt. Evertonians might be born, not manufactured... but some of them really should have been recycled or somat.