Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

EFC phone downloads: A warning.

Thought I'd warn fellow Evertonians about the "3D icons" downloads by a company called premiericons.com, available from the official evertonfc.com website. I attempted to purchase one for my phone on Sunday 27th April.

They don't send the download directly, instead they send you a link to a website, which you access by phone & then download. So it costs £3 for the item, plus wap charges on top. OK I thought, it's a nice phone wallpaper, so I'll have it. First attempt, download failed, so tried again. They charge you for each attempt & yes the second download failed again. That's £6 plus wap charges. I contacted the company (based in Australia!), but so far have not heard a peep.

This is on the official club website by the way & I have sent an email of complaint to them too. Is this any way way to treat fans?
Andrew Tomlinson, Dundee     Posted 29/04/2008 at 19:23:55

Comments

Jason Broome
1   Posted 29/04/2008 at 21:14:57

Andrew I did the same and had the same problem. It’s a little late for me, but thanks for the warning mate.
Nick Heady
2   Posted 29/04/2008 at 21:57:08

Same problem with Z-Cars from official site. What else would I expect?
Andy Williams
3   Posted 29/04/2008 at 22:04:37

Why not have a look on www.mobile9.com. That's where I got my EFC theme/Ringtone for my SE K810i and it was free.
Dave O'Brien
4   Posted 30/04/2008 at 10:38:02

I had the same - shite service and crapness from some bint who answered the phone to me. They hid the phones that weren?t compatible in a small corner of the page so I missed them. Really it?s unfair not to have everything clear and if I could be arsed, I?d send a small claims summons to them and get my costs plus hassle money back. Fuck them and Fuck the Board for being money grabbing short term retail cocks - wankers!
Brian Lawlor
5   Posted 30/04/2008 at 13:01:25

Yet another micky mouse company that our club gets affiliated to and either rips the fans off or provides a shocking service.

Disgusting.
Tony Williams
6   Posted 30/04/2008 at 13:31:02

Not defending them Dave, as the service is shocking but you can?t really complain about your phone being incompatible and only shown in the corner, just the same as small print, it is usually relevant but most people don?t read it.

It is like the posters in the bogs in the Lower Gwladys. Terracechants.com, it says on the poster that it is the ringers responsibility to check the phone is compatable.

Bag of shite but unfortunately legal
Brian Lawlor