Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Can you hear the cheers?

I know its not really relevant to our site, but how many Blues can honestly say they didn't enjoy last night's exit by Liverpool from the Champions' League?

So what have they got, for all the money spent, compared to what we had to spend, - no silverware, 4th place and a few more points than "the small club"

If only we had fared better against Fulham, West Ham and Birmingham, we would be looking down on them now and seeing them struggling to maintain 5th place or not even be in the Intertoto Cup - now that situation would have been great!!.
Patty Beesley, Carmarthen     Posted 01/05/2008 at 09:56:55

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Yabba dabba dooooo!!!!
Paul Lynch
1   Posted 30/04/2008 at 23:02:02

I would just like to tell the kopites to put their Russian hats back in the cupboard. Because they are going nowhere. EFC.
Michael McQuirk
2   Posted 30/04/2008 at 22:58:50

Just been watching the match Chelsea v Liverpool and it seems ovious to me Andy Gray is a closet red...? He was desperate for a late red shite revival...?
Jonathan Tasker
3   Posted 01/05/2008 at 08:31:58

May I devote this day to Didier Drogba and Avram Grant? That's all.
Paul Smith
4   Posted 01/05/2008 at 13:47:07

I would like to point out that we have won more than them this season as our ladies won the league cup so that gives us a more sucessful season in terms of silverwear, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony Marks
5   Posted 01/05/2008 at 13:59:02

You’re not going to Moscow, we’re still going to Tesco nanananana (sic)
Mark Joseph
6   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:00:47

A wonderful day for British football...............

At least this way I don?t have to shout for the Mancs!
John Lloyd
7   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:30:27

I’d rather the mancs won than that pile of shit from London, I hate Chelsea as much as I hate that shower of shite over the park. At least we’ll get some pennies from the Rooney deal if they win it.
Hopefully the gobshites luck has ran out in that competition now, but I’m not holding my breath
Darrel Pugh
8   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:29:47

And the best of it was the fat waiter managed to coax a man of the match performanace out of Drogba, Rafa finishes for the second year with f*** all in 4th place. Thats worse than Houllier and Evans, even better the thick as shit kopites love him and dont want the special one, they think its the yanks fault. You cant make this stuff up. Gerrard knew what he was doing when he committed his career to the scum well done.
Eddie Grinley
9   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:33:53

For the first time ever I decided to have a look at one of their websites. Apart from being absolute dross just have a look at some of their comments, especially the one moaning about Chelsea spending loads of money, cos lets face it, the shite never do, do they? ROFLOL

Sam Morrison
10   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:45:02

It was a hard one to call as, as John Lloyd has it above, it?s really hard to warm to a Chelsea team that have got where they are on the whim of one man?s millions. But I just about wanted Chelsea to win!

Come on Man U in the final I say. Let?s get that last tenner for Rooney.
Paul Niklas
11   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:50:27

Ridiculous question, you don't even have to ask, any true blue would have wanted them to lose.

And lose they did, now come on Chelsea, only one thing worse than a RS supporter is an arrogant MU one.

At least Chelsea admit to paying high fees but so would any other club if they had the money, so good luck to them, it's not long ago when they were worse than us.

Simple Simon
12   Posted 01/05/2008 at 14:52:01

It is funny that they were knocked out. Although, a part of me would love to see Man Utd slaughter them in Moscow (which would certainly happen). Just the thought of the looks on the RS faces when Ronaldo or similar knocks in the third or fourth goal would be priceless. And then the aftermath, when the RS supporters go to their places of work and everyone takes the piss out of them.
Darren Franko
13   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:01:20

They?ve got about £30 to 50 million for getting there haven?t they? That?s what.
Tony Marsh?s point is a relevent one.
Mark Joseph
14   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:01:34

John Lloyd,

Living and working where I do mate a 10 nil stuffing of the Mancs will do for me!

Yet, if the shite had have gotten through then I would have been a Manc for the day. Only ?cause a manc win against the shite in a European Cup final would have shut their ?orrible smirkin? smelly gobs for at least 10yrs.

C?mon Chelsea!
Tom Green
15   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:14:25

Anyone who wants the cheating Mancs to win needs there head looking at. Yes, I know Drogba has done a few dives but let's not forget Ronaldo does about 5 a game. Cheating bastards; come on Chelsea.
Nick Blake
16   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:55:10

Michael McQuirk - you?re spot on, he makes my teeth itch he's so biased towards the redshite, and in particular Gerard.
Robert Carney
17   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:57:44

IMO the only team to cheer is Man U. I looked on a shite thread last night and 90% of the comments were hoping that no club ever catches them up. The general consensus was give it to a London team to keep the gap between themselves and United to 2 plus the draw. United will pip past them probably next year in the number of titles won, the quicker anyone overtakes them in Europe the better.
Keith Glazzard
18   Posted 01/05/2008 at 15:50:49

The Guardian put my letter in their sports section yesterday. If you recall, affable Rafa complained about the 4 minutes added on in the first leg, as he would.

I pointed out that those loveable sons of fun the kopshites had spent a lot of time keeping the ball after the home side had taken the lead. I?ve no idea if the ref took this into account, but its a lovely thought, isn?t it.

The MUFC / Barca game, I?m afraid, produced the right result - just in case the shite got through. They would much rather have taken on FCB, particularly as they?re a long way off their best.

And finally, let?s all nominate Benito for the Nobel Prize for Psychology. Wind up the opposition?s potentially most dangerous player and he will underperform? Just for once, God bless Drogba?s little cotton socks.
Michael Hunt
19   Posted 01/05/2008 at 16:34:59

www.RightResult.net shows that despite our shite form of late when rocked by key injuries we should still be 4 points ahead of the scum. They don’t deserve to get back in the CL next season but do by virtue of the Sky4 bias. As ever, we’re the Pride of Merseyside. NSNO.
Trudy Boston
20   Posted 01/05/2008 at 16:42:36

This is the honest truth.

I could not watch or listen to events from West London last night. I had the radio on for the pre-match build up, and managed to listen to the first opening moments but then divorced myself from proceedings and had an early night.

On to today, I have seen no papers, watched no sport broadcast or looked at Ceefax main sport headlines.

I did look at the Everton pages on 508 though, as I do every day, although I was wondering if the outcome may be mentioned.

I?m sorry for the babbling, but the thought of the Red Shite into another European Cup final filled me with dread, regardless that they may even lose to Manchester in the final. Now we will never know.

I only found out about the RS demise a few minutes ago on Toffeeweb!

So, no repeat of the horror of three years ago, and I suppose congratulations are in order for getting the fourth place. Too bad, that?s all they?ll be celebrating in the red half of merseyside. No open top buses around Liverpool either, so at least we can be spared that.

A Liverpool defeat is almost as good as an Everton victory, but seeing the RS bow out in the semi-finals of Europe?s premier competition is too much to bear in silence.

So, hats off to Chelsea, and most of all Frank Lampard, and Fuck Off to our loveable neighbours. Now, let?s focus on the upcoming games we have left. Arsenal away will be a testing game, but a point from there is within our capabilities, and I don?t see Newcastle as a major obstacle towards three points that may well be enough for that fifth place we chase.

Now, If you?ll excuse me, I?m off for a few Changs and to read the back of the newspapers. I can hardly wait.
Alan Codd
21   Posted 01/05/2008 at 17:16:40

Got to say I agree about Andy Gray you could hear he was desperate for a liverpool comeback and especialy from as he put it "Stevie G"
Personally cant stand listening to the man.
Michael Hunt
22   Posted 01/05/2008 at 17:37:55

Even though the RS enjoy their crass little ditties, an airing of ’Who let the Drog out? Rafa,Benitez’ may be a ’Bridge’ too far even for those twats.
Ajay Gopal
23   Posted 01/05/2008 at 18:08:54

Re: Andy Gray: I am with all of you.

The guy makes me sick. Earlier in the season, I had posted on the topic after "the Everton legend" mentioned in his column in SkySports that Mark Clattenburg was one of the best referees in the league! After the infamous derby!

Then he tried to defend Mascherano by saying that it was an unjustified red-card.

And now, the comments that you mention!

I just think that the man is trying to ingratiate himself to the RS fans. The weasel!
Paul Joy
24   Posted 01/05/2008 at 17:39:51

Remember the morning we went out to Fiorentina? A Red Gobshite called John Wilson gobbed off about how shit we were basically. Well, you little worm, I hope you are hurting now just like we were then. Your club by the way is ripping itself to bits off the field and long may that continue. Personally I wanted you to get to Moscow just so Manu could beat you - now that would have hurt. But fortunately I came to my senses and just wanted you to lose to Chelsea. Made up it was close too - makes Riise?s fuckup all the sweeter.
Perhaps you could have your open top bus ride this year for finishing 4th !!!!!!! Dream on Wilson there is always next year or the year after or the year after etc etc etc.
Gavin Ramejkis
25   Posted 01/05/2008 at 19:08:41

I had to drive to Fort George Barracks in Inverness and back yesterday before the game and listened to Talksport radio, the RS fans were getting on my fucking nerves talking up how it’s a Man U v RS final and how they will get tickets and visas. Glib bastards hope they choked forgetting they had another 90mins or 90+30 as it turns out and they got pumped. To see Pinnochio Thompson on Sky Sports almost in tears screaming for penalties was priceless. Good riddance and this year they win fuck all. Can’t wait to hear it was all the fault of the Americans again....yawn
Will Leaf
26   Posted 01/05/2008 at 19:56:31

Have to say I?ll be pulling for Chelsea... their end of season professionalism in the 90s saved us from plying our trade beneath the top flight.
Dave Harris
27   Posted 01/05/2008 at 19:45:37

I had to laugh at fat Rafa?s comments on the radio today. According to him Liverpool controlled the game and had all the chances. What game was he watching? The sky stats showed at least 16 chances to Chelsea to Liverpool?s 4 or 5.

Also in the Liverpool Echo the knobhead said that his slating of Drogba did not have the effect of firing the Chelsea player up. Why was drogba on Sky after the game saying that it was Rafa?s word?s that spurred him on then?

The fat Spanish waiter really is such a prick at times. Please let him stay at Liverpool forever.

Lue Glover
28   Posted 01/05/2008 at 20:08:16

It won’t be as bad this year as last year because they’ll have only painted half the bus.....
They’ve all been quiet and scuttling around trying to pretend they’re not there after all the strutting and posturing yesterday.
I couldnt watch the game either but got a text from a fellow Blue to say that Chelsea were 3 - 1 up so I turned the telly on and Babel scored so I turned the bloody thing off again and waited for a text to say it was over. THEN, I had a couple of drinks.
Have to say my face has been aching today, the smile on my chops has been immovable! hee hee hee, chortle, chortle, chuckle chuckle, ha ha ha, happy days, oh happy days..........
Did I mention I’m quite happy that Chelsea won?
Anthony Newell
29   Posted 01/05/2008 at 22:36:36

Sorry folks to piss on your parade but despite the satisfaction of last nights result, Rangers getting to the final of the UEFA to play Zenit kind of tempers the unbridled joy. It?s a final we should have been in, it was all for up for grabs (like the Carling Cup) excellent opportunities for silverware passed up.

I was made up the arrogant bastards went out with their complete dickhead of a manager but just don?t feel like celebrating in the streets havig watched our own season go down the pan. At the end of the day, they have fourth spot and another chance on the Champions League gravy train, and again that was on a plate for us too.

James McCarthy
30   Posted 01/05/2008 at 22:51:31

Damn! now I won?t see this hoped for headline.
HUNDREDS OF LIVERPOOL HOOLIGANS SENT TO SIBERIAN GULAGS.
David Edwards
31   Posted 01/05/2008 at 22:57:24

Spot on, Anthony....I?ve just posted a new thread (hopefully) expressing the same feelings of ?what should have been? at the same time you did this contribution. Yes, it was lovely to see the RS out (especially after their Arsenal good fortune), but I thought our restraint in not immediately posting anything too celebratory after last night?s result was actually quite commendable for the site contributors.

In the end we remain 2nd best in the city (while we remain there... God, isn?t the thought of a Tesco Car Park in Kirby depressing!) and I still feel the Uefa Cup represented a genuine chance to get one over on them for once. I?m not convinced we can get the 4 points we probably need for 5th (hope I?m proved wrong), so let?s ease it down on the gauding front because we all know we blew the Uefa Cup big style with that lousy 1st leg performance!

Jason Lam
32   Posted 02/05/2008 at 02:18:11

Sorry but I just love it when the RS lose. If it was any of our players pushing into Grant we?ll be fined a small fortune and the player suspended indefinately by Fifa. How the fuck the RS get away with everything I don?t know. Blatant dive by Hyypia and Babel, and another web portal believes they were denied a valid penalty. Ask any Arsenal fan how it feels to be denied penalties.

Fucking loved it.

p.s. we should make a bid for the Chelsea stand-in rightback to add competition to Pips and Hibs.
Mike Cleave
33   Posted 02/05/2008 at 16:28:42

Do we get any money for the Rooney deal if Man United win the Campions League and the League????
I am just intrigued!