Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Survey Scam

I have just been contacted at work from someone claiming to be from Compeiru Research. The girl claimed to be working on behalf of Everton FC and wanted to ask me questions about the proposed move to Kirby.

She claimed that building work will start in 2008 (which instantly aroused my suspicion) and proceeded to ask questions about my job, income etc. After refusing to answer any of these she read out some upbeat (but unbelievable) script about how the stadium will be world class etc. She concluded by saying my name will be entered into a draw etc.

This must be a scam but I wonder how she obtained my work details. Has anyone else out there been contacted?
Karl Crosby, Aintree     Posted 02/05/2008 at 19:39:39

Comments

Lee Smith
1   Posted 03/05/2008 at 04:33:52

It all sounds very dodgy to me Karl.

But I can help, I have my own private investigation company who specialises in the area of telephone fraud.

I can look into it for you if you want. I just need some further details from you. If you could just send your address, bank account number and sort code, date of birth, mothers maiden name, favourite colour and first pets name to ’Honest Lee’s Investigation Services, Great Yarmouth, PO Box 9043’, I’ll get straight onto it.

Kind regards.
Dominic Fitzpatrick
2   Posted 03/05/2008 at 13:25:35

What a thoroughly nice chap you are Lee!

LOL!
Frank Duffy
3   Posted 03/05/2008 at 13:36:13

I?ll take up the offer please. Bak account 123456789 code ab cd ef. Mothers maiden name Thatcher. DOB 1 April 1878.

Favourite colour - not sure

Best laugh of the day
Dave Campbell
4   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:20:53

Had the same call myself today. Usual EFC stupidity, fishing normal fans for corporate interest.....
Peter Pickles
5   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:23:22

Hello,

I am exiled from my country for many years due to gross tyranny and have a great fortune at my disposal. I would like to invest generously in a grand old English football club. Due to legal difficultes I cannot transfer my fortune directly from my bank accounts at home. Please forward me your banking details and personal accesss codes immediately. You will receive personal bonus of many dollars for your inconvenience.

DanielK’hutu@yahoo.com.
James McCarthy
6   Posted 04/05/2008 at 01:26:52

I am a desperately poor old-aged pensioner who wishes to meet a rich beautiful young lady with a not too healthy libido. All offers accompanied by photos will very gratefully be acknowledged.