Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Not another dodgy vote!

From this distance I am forced to rely on family back home and numerous media and internet outlets including TW for all Merseyside and Everton news. All my sources of information predicted that Kirkby would see a huge anti-stadium protest vote in the local elections.

I do not want to start another conspiracy debate yet it seems very odd that all over the country Labour suffered its worst result for the past 40 years yet in Kirkby it was status quo, with not a single gain for the new 1st4Kirkby party...

What happened?
Dick Fearon, West Australia     Posted 03/05/2008 at 08:40:53

Comments

Neil Pearse
1   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:19:12

For Chrissakes Dick!! You can’t seriously be insinuating that somehow the local election results in Kirkby were rigged (presumably by Bill and Keith?) in relation to the Kirkby stadium issue?? Tell me it isn’t so.
Neil Pearse
2   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:27:01

...Or is this a wind-up??
Paul Pritchard
3   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:42:36

Are you joking? Having the mighty Everton coming to our borough is the greatest thing to happen in Knowsley?s history. Be certain most of us labour voters know which side our bread is buttered!
Gavin Ramejkis
4   Posted 03/05/2008 at 14:52:33

I heard it was very close by about 15 votes or so for one candidate and Paul Pritchard if Everton come to Knowsley it will be the only thing to happen in it?s history except the Safari Park.
Jane Keogh
5   Posted 03/05/2008 at 15:40:01

Even the majority of us Cherrytree Drivers voted for the status quo. A grannie flat and a compensation package to pay for me season ticket will do me, I tell you!
Gerard Madden
6   Posted 03/05/2008 at 18:08:12

Methinks Dick is having a gentle chuckle at a few hysterical ?no?s expense here. LOL. The Echo?s Nick Colligan pencilled in ?1st4Kirkby? for three wins against pro-stadium Labour just the week before the election, ?no? voting blues and the unrepresentative KRAG (anti-stadium residents group) were predicting lost deposits for the Labour candidates - in reality Labour held on to ALL their seats in Kirkby (including the ones cheek by jowl with the stadium site) and gained a very respectable 60% across Kirkby - bucking the national trend somewhat. Another box ticked as far as I?m concerned. :)
Paul Gladwell
7   Posted 03/05/2008 at 18:34:03

Gerard do you ever post on anything other than the Kirkby debate as I have yet to see it? are you Ian Ross in disguise? :)
Steve Williams
8   Posted 03/05/2008 at 18:29:50

I can only assume that this is a bit of a giggle.

No-one would seriously expect Kirkby to vote any other way. Labour always win in poor, run down areas - always have, always will.

So what’s the story? Basically there isn’t one!

Before those who live in Kirkby and no doubt are proud of their town give me a verbal kicking, this is an observation on the place, most definitely not the people of Kirkby, who I have no doubt are salt of the earth.

Incidentally, no surprise to see Madden pop up on anything Kirkby - strange how he never posts on anything else, eg. team, playing style, Europe etc etc.
Derek Thomas
9   Posted 04/05/2008 at 06:27:43

It had to happen once.

It isn’t very often that the turkey’s DO actually vote for Christmas.
Gavin Ramejkis
10   Posted 04/05/2008 at 09:53:36

If Ian Ross Madden wants to wallow in Kirkby he is welcome to it. A quick slip of the broadcast IP he uses could easily be tracked to the real name.