Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

New Kit?

For the past few seasons now, we have always worn the brand new home kit for the last game of the season. Images of the new kit are usually shown on the oifficial site a week or two before the final home game of the season is played. So far no-one has heard anything about this. Are we having a new kit for next season or are we staying in the one we have now?
John Murphy, Liverpool     Posted 05/05/2008 at 13:08:24

Comments

Graham Eaves
1   Posted 05/05/2008 at 15:15:09

Yes we are getting a new kit next season, was in the official store the other day and the fella in there said so. Not out til June though, don’t know whether or not they’ll be wearing it for the NUFC game but I imagine they will, they normally do. Apparently the third kit is lumi yellow!
Karl Masters
2   Posted 05/05/2008 at 19:04:03

That will be 9 different home kits in 10 seasons - easily the highest in the Premier League.

Better have kept the white socks though!!
Garry Corgan
3   Posted 05/05/2008 at 20:11:05

No so Karl - most Premier League teams change their kit every season. I remember a quote from Wyness a couple of years ago that said we would change our kit every season to increase merchandising revenue.
Peter Keating
4   Posted 05/05/2008 at 20:42:27

If they are going to bring out a new home kit then they need to get on to JJB to actual put them on display. I have been into to numerous stores now and have never seen a sinlgle Everton Home or Away shirt. How are the supporters suppose to get a shirt if we live nowhere near Liverpool or wish to pay for delivery from the Everton website? JJB are our official supplies so they need to supply all round the country
Tony part
5   Posted 05/05/2008 at 20:53:51

No big deal but is anyone else wondering why we always have to change our kits every season now?.
Other clubs used to have a habit for it but up until about 2002 Everton kept kits for two seasons.
I dont even think Liverpool bring out a new home kit every season like we do.
Rip off really considering it probably wont look much different
Gary Tudor
6   Posted 05/05/2008 at 20:54:41

JJB are the worst official suppliers that we could ever have. In almost all shops, other teams have as much, if not more prominence, that from our so-called partners. The sooner the deal is ended the better. They have made the merchandise a shambles! Supposedly one of the top sports retailers in the UK. From what I have seen they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!!!
Martin Roberts
7   Posted 05/05/2008 at 21:47:45

I remember a ruling by the FA that clubs could only release shirts every 2 years to stop the burden on the supporters.

We got special exception for the 100 years of top flight football and 125 year history.

We got a new shirt last season, so I would be suprised if a new shirt comes out for next year.
Anyone got links?
Lewis Abbott
8   Posted 05/05/2008 at 23:25:12

JJB piss me off too

I live near Wigan and I go in to have a look at buying a kit and I have to look hard to find our section. When I do find it, it is just a shit rack of shirts. Then I look to the walls and there are Man United, Liverpool and Wigan sections with player models and all sorts. Now Wigan is understandable with the shop being in Wigan and JJB being sponsers of Wigan but so are we....

Now I live in Carlisle while I am at university and you can't even get an Everton shirt up here but you can get Man U, Liverpool, Wigan, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Boro, Celtic, Rangers, Gretna, Carlisle, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Barca, Inter, Milan, Real Madrid

Pathetic

Every team changes their kit every year... where have some of you been?
Jason Lam
9   Posted 06/05/2008 at 02:33:47

Well I was on vacation in Thailand a couple of years ago, loads of manure, rs, chelski, arse shirts to be found - but no Everton. You would think Chang isn’t from Thailand.

Liverpool do have a new one this season but not Man Utd.
Gareth Oughton
10   Posted 07/05/2008 at 13:33:47

Bizarrely I can get the home shirt at our JJB down in Exeter, in various sizes. I agree that JJB aren?t the best on the whole though...