Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Joaquin?!...

So BBC reckon's we're going after Valencia's Joaquin, wasn't he supposed to be one of the hottest wingers around a couple of seasons ago?

After their 6-0 hammering at the weekend and floundering down in 15th in La Liga, I reckon this one could have some legs, after getting Fernandes on loan again after they paid so much for him, I'd hazard a guess and imagine that Moyes has a decent relationship with them...

Don't see us needing another centr-back so can't see Dunne being worthwhile and definately don't think we should chase up Fernandes permanently...

Silly season's come early this year, but I'm glad to see we're finally being linked with the pedigree of players we should be after - not bloody Koumas or Carr!...
Scott Milne, Singapore     Posted 06/05/2008 at 15:12:40

Comments

Richard Mudie
1   Posted 06/05/2008 at 15:21:52

I have to admit whether this story is true or not it is just a relief to finally see Everton being linked with some quality players, as opposed to the likes of Sean Davis and Jason Koumas.
Lee Watters
2   Posted 06/05/2008 at 15:45:42

When he was at Real Betis he was exceptional but since he has gone to Valencia he has not set the world alight and looks to have gone backwards. Saying that, I think he would be a good acquisition at the right price. A few sites are quoting 15-20 million ? now I find that too dear!!! If they are as cash strapped as we are led to believe then surely 10 million may be accepted. May raise our profile in Europe by signing a big name player?
Richard Mudie
3   Posted 06/05/2008 at 20:33:21

Most sites are quoting around 15 to 20 million Euros. So around 10 to 13 million pounds. I think he would be worth it for that, though it may be worth signing him on loan beforehand. Could supply some quality balls from the right wing and is a decent free kick taker from what i’ve heard.
Mike Bates
4   Posted 06/05/2008 at 14:25:41

Everton have approached Valencia about a deal for their Spain international winger Joaquin, but they face compeition for his signature from Roma. If this gets pulled off I'm in love with Bill all over again
Stuart Mitchell
5   Posted 06/05/2008 at 21:10:46

This guy is a superstar, what a massive step forward for Everton if we capture him.

Phil Jones
6   Posted 06/05/2008 at 21:21:13

Momo Sissoko is all I can think of, and that waiter will persuade him to go rot on the bench there. God I hate him that fatty!
Bill Green
7   Posted 06/05/2008 at 21:36:32

Naa go for Ricquelme and Lucho Gonzales. My god don?t you lot ever leave your fantasy football?
Lewis Abbott
8   Posted 06/05/2008 at 22:19:56

Why spend all that money on a right winger? which is were we are the strongest ie Mikel Arteta???

Why not go for a left winger? I think this is paper talk to be honest...

Unless Srteta?s going to Spain mind...
Jay Harris
9   Posted 06/05/2008 at 22:45:33

Lewis
I think you may have hit the nail on the head mate.
Arteta has been spending an awful lot of time in Spain this year and "his groin's still hurting him"!
David Lawless
10   Posted 06/05/2008 at 22:38:37

Sorry guys, I?ve watched a lot of Spanish football this year and Joaquin has been far from impressive; he does not like to tackle or track back which in a way sums up Valencia?s place in the bottom half of the table. A lot skilful players but don?t like the not so pretty stuff; yes, he was the bees knees two seasons ago but he has lost something. 7 goals in 53 games this season, and at 27 this summer, he would not be good business. Having had a good look at him this year, he looks on the wane and in my opinion he would not justify anything like the fees that have been mentioned.
Kieran Kinsella
11   Posted 06/05/2008 at 23:12:04

If you recall a couple of years ago Spanish tabloids reported that he was breast fed until the age of 8. That has no real relevance to the debate over his talent but it does make me think he is kind of weird.
John Murphy
12   Posted 07/05/2008 at 00:20:36

If we sign Joaquin, then I am afraid that may involve Arteta going in the other direction. You never know, we may get Joaquin and Fernandes in return for our Spanish wizard. I'm sure we will know were Arteta?s future lies on Sunday during the lap of honour.
Blair Johnson
13   Posted 07/05/2008 at 02:18:44

No way... it all sounds too familiar....proven international wide man at a top European club... it’s Andy Van der Meyde all over again! Don’t go near him Davie boy!
Jason Lam
14   Posted 07/05/2008 at 04:32:18

Yes, exciting but can he play defensive mid, right back, centerback, centerforward, and backup goalkeeper?? No he can’t can he. Jags all the way!!!
Jason Broome
15   Posted 07/05/2008 at 06:00:01

2 seasons ago Joaquin was one of the best players in the world. 2 seasons ago debates were raging between him and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Only Rosicky, C Ronaldo, Messi & Kaka can state that they are equal to him in his position. So he has failed to perform under Koeman (no surprises there then).

So Joaquin doesn?t track back, who cares? How many of the aforementioned track back?

If Moyes wants this guy he is going to have to move fast.

One more thing. IF we indeed sign him, Mikel is going nowhere! Why? Because Luis Aragones would finally have a reason to come to Goodison.

Dave Whitwell
16   Posted 07/05/2008 at 07:38:41

Jason, I think theres some truth in what you said there, I just wonder if the link is true that perhaps Arteta is somewhere behind it.

Bringing in a quality Spanish midfield player currently in the national squad would enhance Evertons reputation in spain and may make Arteta feel more at home
Dan McKie
17   Posted 07/05/2008 at 09:15:10

I'd like to get him so we can move Arteta into the centre as he aint been so hot wide right for a long time, the opposition just double up on him all game leaving him nowhere to go.
Dan Mckie
18   Posted 07/05/2008 at 09:19:23

Forgot to mention that people who say Joaquin may be on the wane after a bad season or 2 (for the team, not just him) might want to remember where Arteta and Pienaar were at before they arrived here!