Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Arshavin... sign him!

The guy has just created both goals to help Zenit lift the Uefa Cup. Both times he supplied defence-splitting passes to send his teammates clear into the Rangers area, not to mention the 20-yard lob he had cleared off the line.

Such moments define finals. Players of his calibre can be the difference between success and failure. Rangers defended doggedly, as they did against Fiorentina, but tonight the opposition had a player in the form Arshavin to open them up.

Hats off the Zenit for winning the trophy, but I want to see this guy in a royal blue shirt at Goodison next season. My only worry is how many other teams across Europe will be after his signature?
Paul O'Hanlon, Liverpool     Posted 14/05/2008 at 21:48:51

Comments

Gavin Alexander
1   Posted 14/05/2008 at 21:07:40

I have just been watching the FC Zenit - Rangers game and I cant help thinking what an amazing player Andrei Arshavin is and how great it would be seeing him in the blue of Everton next season. I dont really know how much he would cost but surely he would be worth every penny!! Anybody have any idea on on what his transfer fee would be? Also I would love to see Peter Crouch aswell. Before everybody starts disagreeing just think he could be the new Duncan Fergusson and what a LEGEND he was/and still is in my mind.
Steve Mink
2   Posted 14/05/2008 at 21:29:16

Am I the only one looking at the UEFA Cup Final and dreaming of Arshavin in a royal blue shirt? Got to say he looks the real deal.

And did anyone else smile at the Rangers teamsheet, midfield packed with defenders. A handy reminder of how dismal Smith was and is, and how far we have come.

Trevor Powell
3   Posted 14/05/2008 at 21:35:12

I have just watched the final and seen Zenit show what a good side they are. Arshavin to Goodison as soon as possible please! However, it shows the real difference between EFC and Rangers. I thought that rangers were totally unambitious. it seems Walter Smith's team can only attack against the likes of Gretna. If EFC had lost that final, we would have gone down fighting, even Middlesboro' managed a better attitude and performance than Rangers. Oh, sadness, Walter smith left us!
Stefan Tosev
4   Posted 14/05/2008 at 22:45:35

After today's performance, there is no way we will have any chance of signing him.
Jason Lam
5   Posted 15/05/2008 at 04:55:41

No, not Alcoholics Anonymous or more car insurance (which go hand in hand, probably). That russian bloke Andrei Ashavin.

Silly season is well and truly in place, with Chelski blowing a cool 18million on a 4th right-back (if you consider Essien too). If we are to catch the top4 we need quality, and quality comes with a price. No more crooked, drunk, multi-purpose, squad bench warmers please! Everton are the new up-and-coming dark horse of European Football, after Valencia 1999 (Claudio Lopez, Mendieta) and Villareal (Riquelme, Forlan). It will be our year next season, we have firmly established ourselves just outside the door of the top4, and will be the darings of football, as everyone including KK and Redknapp will be tired and bored of the same old bullshit teams.

This team needs cutting edge up front and AA is the answer! If it's only 25million we've got then blow the lot on Arshavin! Sell AJ if we have to, he'll never get to warm the bench with AA playing.

Oh Andrei, if you happen to read this, we love you and have a long 'istory of our love for russian players, namely er.. Andrei Kanchelski (sorry if misspelt, I don't read russian, but if you sign for us we'll get a russian number 2 for Moyes, promise). Don't worry about lack of UCL footie, you can play the manure, arse, chelski and RS twice a season with us!

Right, I'll get back to FM (and reality). Has AA priced himself out with his MOTM performance yesterday? Fecking hell to be an Everton fan...

Kev West
6   Posted 15/05/2008 at 06:15:55

Moyes has been watching him since the game they had against us. You just know someone like Spurs or Newcastle will come in and try to sign him based on watching him just once!
Connor Rohrer
7   Posted 15/05/2008 at 06:29:39

Definatly a good player as I’ve always said. Has alot of attributes that would bode him well in the Premiership. Speed, dribbling ability, awareness and the ability to open up a defense with a killer ball. Alot of things for Moyes to work with if he bought him.

The question is where would he play in England. By trade he’s a second striker/attacking central play maker. That position is very hard to fill in England because of the high tempo and physicality. Alexandre Hleb is one of the few who can actually play the role. Obviously Cahill does but not in Arshavin’s style. Tim’s more combative.

I could see Arshavin being moved to the left wing cutting inside and looking to open things up whether its with a pass or a dribble.

Anyway, he would be a good signing and someone who can play left, right and as a striker would be useful.
Albert Dock
8   Posted 15/05/2008 at 07:22:15

When Allardyce was looking to sign him for Newcastle the price was around 7 million.

Could someone send him a DVD of ’Letter to Brezhnev’ which was set around and shot in er Kirkby?
Robert chang
9   Posted 15/05/2008 at 07:32:55

His price would have rocketed after that performance and again he will be predictably be picked up by a champions league club. You pick up bargains early in the morning at a garage sale not after lunch. Too late and out of the price range now.
Jason Lam
10   Posted 15/05/2008 at 07:46:19

As Connor mentioned, yes AA plays the Second Striker role, in the hole between midfield and forward. This is a specialist role and you’ll need to build half the team around him to get the best out. The Sky4 already have playmakers (Ron, Roon, Fab, Gerrard, J Cole, Lampard) and AA is not in the class as Kaka (yet). If he has any ambition to make a name for himself and play for a up-and-coming team then EFC is the one. We have the defensive foundations, teamwork, team spirit. We lack the little bit of quality up front, he is the bit of quality up front. Marriage made in heaven.

However if AA is in for the money, and would rather sit on the bench or play a peripheral role at a ’bigger’ club then we probably don’t want to upset the cart. Still, we’ve clean the #10 locker for him already.
Erik Dols
11   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:17:44

Thing is that Zenith will play CL next year and that the club is more or less owned by GasProm who are looking to build a Champions League winning Russian team. I think we can’t even match the wages Zenith will be offering the lad. If he goes, he’ll go to the skysports ’big four’ or their equals in Italy or Spain.

Although I hope I’m wrong and he’ll sign for us!
Ben Jones
12   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:32:07

After that performance... we’re never gonna get him now! Everyone around the world will have watched the UEFA cup final, so he’s gonna move to a bigger club!
Iain McWilliam
13   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:33:14

Arshavin is a cracking player but Russians dont usually like the physical side of the game... which is a problem in the Premier League. He also likes the ball played to his feet... which again is a problem with Everton's style of play unfortunately
Patty Beesley
14   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:42:24

Agree with everyone - we should attempt to sign him - made both goals and had a good game and his little boy is cute too - saw him carrying him up to get his medal.

Davey was acting as Presenter for ITV at the game - perhaps he took the opportunity of chatting Arshavin up - let?s hope so.

Walter Smith and his team deserved what they got for the boring negative football they played. Kept thinking "that could have been us" - ah well, another crack at it next season.
David Edwards
15   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:54:55

Watched Arshavin very closely last night - as much as you can with the TV cameras - and thought his skill, vision, crossing and effort were very good throughout. Unfortunately better football brains than me would have seen that as well, and I fear he has just priced himself out of any BK transfer kitty given to Davey this summer. I hope I?m proved wrong, but even if you believe his need for an EPL team outweighs his need to compete in next season?s CL, I reckon any bid we might make will be beaten hands-down by other clubs.

I was imagining what a spark he could our team, and I bet Davey was as well. Back to the scouting I fear - Bugger!
Tony Part
16   Posted 15/05/2008 at 08:57:06

I dont mean to piss on the parade here but I sat there at the end of last nights match and asked myself why on earth would Arshavin leave a quality side that is going to be playing in the Champions League to come and play for Everton who are not in the Champs League? And frankly I came up with the answer that it's more a dream than a reality.

If he did become available and there is no guarantee he will because Zenit are apparently preety well off when it comes to the finances, then there would more than likely be a host of Europes biggest teams in the chase for him. The only way I could possibly see him signing for Everton is if he fancied playing in the Premier League and no other Premier league team was in for him, when I say no other I mean Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal ect:

He would be for me the one player I would really pursue going after with a real effort this summer but it will take exactly that. A real effort and real backing from the board as I think you could tell by David Moyes in the studio that he was impressed with him yet at the same time trying not to get over excited because he knew that he wanted him but stands a small chance of getting him. I would do everything to get him.
Oh yes before I go.. That was a typical Walter Smith performance wasnt it? Dull boring and basically NIL. The better team won on the night and I am glad they did and what's more we can look back and say we beat the winners of the Uefa Cup... Weird.

Arthur Jones
17   Posted 15/05/2008 at 09:18:24

What intrigued me was listening to Davey Moyes after the game and at half time building AA up for the world to hear, even highlighting his razor sharp goal creating passes... What can we read into this? Is the deal already done? If not is he trying to build him up that high that Zenit will never sell him to one of our CL rivals in case he comes back to haunt them next season? Or is he just being Honest Davey and telling it as it is .... he?s an excellent player and we?d love to have him?
Mark Griffiths
18   Posted 15/05/2008 at 09:25:11

He looked great and I would love him at the club, but if we had any chance of getting him even after the Uefa Cup final performance then we surley must have to act quickly now because the European Championships are coming up and if you think he may be too expesive now, after that ? FORGET ABOUT IT!!
Cliff Zampost
19   Posted 15/05/2008 at 10:07:47

1. Moyes can only afford to buy a quality player that needs a second chance to rescue thier career due to a lack of form.

2. Moyes can only afford to buy a player that his club had no options but to sell due to financial difficulties

Unfortunatley Arshavin doesn't fit either of these 2 reasons. He is in sensational form, and his club are both in fantastic CL form and are financially secure. Three good reasons your dreaming look elsewhere.

Brian Baker
20   Posted 15/05/2008 at 10:51:10

I see Man City have already made an offical bid for him, according to Dick Advacaat. More dithering and we will miss out, as usual!
Jason Lam
21   Posted 15/05/2008 at 10:54:29

Cliff that’s just great. Let’s go for fat transvestite hugging Ronaldo.
Roberto Birquet
22   Posted 15/05/2008 at 10:47:43

Re Tony: I asked myself why on earth would Arshavin leave a quality side that is going to be playing in the Champions League to come and play for Everton who are not in the Champs League?

Simple, because we’re in the Premiersip. A lot of payers would prefer Prem plus Uefa than the Ruskie league and the CL.. The Nil Satis website says: "Quoted on Russian website sport.ru the striker claims there has been interest from Spain as well as from Everton, but that if it came down to it, Everton would be his first choice." Of course, the last bit could change if a CL club or moneybags Spurs came in for him.
Ben Howard
23   Posted 15/05/2008 at 10:46:03

I’m crossing everything that there’s some sort of agreement in place that will have him joining up with us, but unfortunately think we may be dreaming.

I agree that the way to play with him in your side is to build the team around him as a playmaker who sits in the hole. I also agree that this is a specialist role but one that Moyes has been able to experiment with very successfully for the past few seasons with Tim Cahill. Yes, they are different players but imagine being able to replace one for the other for different opposition? I’m salivating right now.

I’d imagine that we would still play 4-4-1-1 but could also play Arshavin on the wing with Cahill supporting Yak. Arrrggghhhh... stop it Ben
Nick Wall
24   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:02:09

Who knows whether he’d join us at the end of the day, we can only try. We should be prepared to pay whatever it takes, as he’s exactly the sort of player capable of taking us up to the next level.
Paul Lowrie
25   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:17:00

Crap haircut though!
Tony Finn
26   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:40:07

Is it only me who thinks hes a little similar in style to Osman?
I think we need a big grock who can drive us on, like Essien. Obviously it's easily said and finding a quality player of that ilk who we can realistically sign is a different kettle of fish.
Nick Entwistle
27   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:51:01

Yeah, crap haircut.
Gary Creaney
28   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:52:22

One guy from the Zenit team who is being completely overlooked is their captain Tymoschuk, blond haired DFM. Never makes a mistake, fantastic positioning, excellent passing range and a leader. We’re are unlikely to get Arshavin now cos his price just went up but Tymoschuk would still be relatively cheap. I noticed him at Goodison also and thought he was their best player that night too.

But just to keep in agreement with everyone, Arshavin is a fantastic player and would make a massive difference for us. Excellent last night.
Gareth Humphreys
29   Posted 15/05/2008 at 11:57:24

AA did look good last night - better as the game went on. The one who impressed me just as much was the right back - good defensively and good going forward - no idea how old he is but he looked top drawer and we need a new right back.
Erik Dols
30   Posted 15/05/2008 at 12:09:52

Gary, totally agree with you: Tymochuk (or however it is spelled) would be a great midfield general.

Why don’t buy both?
Robbie Muldoon
31   Posted 15/05/2008 at 12:27:43

You could see Moyes trying not to hype him up too much in the studio!

Moyes play dirty to get these players mate! Tap ups the lot it always happens to us!
Stefan Tosev
32   Posted 15/05/2008 at 12:51:27

Gary&Eirk,

Tymoschuk cheap lol!!! Zenit bought him last year for $20m its about 10-11 GBP me thinks - not exactly cheap :)
Bradley Nolan
33   Posted 15/05/2008 at 12:48:46

I reckon he would cost £12M but once we sell his naming rights to the ?AA? and pay him in Tesco club points, we can then loan him back to ourselves through a 3rd party and he will be virtually FREE, it?s the deal of the century!!!
John Murphy
34   Posted 15/05/2008 at 12:32:01

After watching the match last night, we really do need to act fast on Arshavin. The price beind banded round is 7 million, and if we could get him for that we would have an absoloute steal. At 26, he is in his prime and would vastly improve our team. Tymoschuk would also be a quality signing, and would come at a reasonable price too I think. Let’s hope Moyesie had a good word with Dick Advocat last night...
David Moore
35   Posted 15/05/2008 at 13:02:46

We all agree we want to buy him, but nobody states the price. As I said on another post Zenit may push for £20M but i think we would only pay £12M maybe £13M. If we get him for £12M or less we have done great business. Also why didn't Moyes buy him when he ws cheap in the January transfer window? Moyes usually takes a punt so why not with him???

C?mon boys let's all pray.
David Whitwell
36   Posted 15/05/2008 at 13:08:08

Just a thought for those of you asking why he would leave Zenit for us when they can offer more money, where would you prefer to work Russia or the UK, I know which Abramovich choose and hes got bucket loads!

Despite that he has already revealed that he would be happy for a move to the prem and indeed with us.

You’ve got to love all the speculation though, I remember last year when we were linked to Smith/Nugent etc, and even criticised when they didn’t materialise when all along Moyes wasn’t interested and eventually popped up with the Yak. Who knows who hes after this time, I do trust him however that whoever he brings in we be those that he believes add quality to the club. Arsharvin fits that bill, but then so do many others!
Monty Carlo
37   Posted 15/05/2008 at 13:12:43

Arshavin and Tymochuk.
Now we are linked with Tesco, perhaps we could try a buy-one-get-one-free offer...
Tony Williams
38   Posted 15/05/2008 at 13:43:46

He is too small, just ask Tony Marsh ;-)

Too expensive now as well probably.
Andy Hudson
39   Posted 15/05/2008 at 14:00:55

I just looked up "Arseshavin" on the internet and got something completely unexpected!!! Think I must have got the spelling of his name wrong, or the Uefa Cup has changed dramatically since we were knocked out!! ;)
George
40   Posted 15/05/2008 at 13:58:27

You won’t get him. Zenit will keep him. Plus, russian players don’t like to leave - they don’t adjust too well to euro leagues. Kerzhakov was as highly rated as Arshavin when he was bought by Sevilla, now he is back in Russia. Same with Sytchov when he was bought by Marseille.

Oh and the right back is Anyukov - excellent player. I think he’s around 23-24. Arshavin is one of the oldest players on the team. This is gonna be a great team for the future. And Pogrebnyak wasn’t even on the field ;)

Watch out for Russia and Guus Hiddink in Euro 2008. The core of the Russian team is right here:

Arshavin, Pogrebnyak, Faizulin, Denisov, Zyryanov, Anyukov, Sharonov, Malafeev.

Aldonin(CSKA) will play Tymoschuk’s role, Kolodin(Dynamo) will play Krizanec role. No left back as good as Sirl, but a couple good left wingers in Zhirkov(CSKA) and Bilyaletdinov(Lokomotiv). Arshavin is suspended for 2 games tho, so probably Bilyaletdinov will fill in.
Jimmy MacDonald
41   Posted 15/05/2008 at 14:37:38

George - What about Shevenko then? Hasn?t he adapted pretty well to Prem..
Ben Howard
42   Posted 15/05/2008 at 15:07:14

I take it you mean Shevchenko, the famous Ukrainian Russian? ;-)
mark-chester
43   Posted 15/05/2008 at 15:15:34

I have a feeling that we will n ot be able to afford him as being honest, can you see Zenit letting him go prior to the EC knowing if they wait until afterwards they can add a good 10m to his value if he has a good summer in the EC.

David Gallant
44   Posted 15/05/2008 at 15:37:46

The last Russian we had didn’t do too badly did he? Andrei something-or-other too if memory serves? ;p

Get Arshavin in. Pure Quality.
Steve Hogan
45   Posted 15/05/2008 at 16:07:57

Hang on, hang on, do we need another midfielder whose 5’4’ in his socks...it’s power and stregth we need in midfield at this stage, not another candidate for Snow White and the seven dwarfs!!
Trudy Boston
46   Posted 15/05/2008 at 16:20:02

Pardon my ignorance, but this Arshavin is Russian is he not? If so, did he play a significant part in the defeat of England in last autumn’s euro qualifier in Moscow?

I was not aware of the names of the Zenit players during their run to UEFA cup glory, but by all accounts by other Toffeewebbers he is a useful player and it would do no harm at all to try and lure him to Goodison during the summer.

As for the match itself, I cannot help but feel a little sympathy for the Blue half of Glasgow after the defeat last night in Manchester. (Did anyone else notice from the blimp shots overhead it reminded you of the San Siro?)

The players at the end looked disconsolate to say the least, Davey Weir included, and for any club to get to a final and then lose, I put forward my sympathies and wish them well in future tournaments. (Liverpool aside!)

Nice to see our very own Moyes at the stadium providing brief analysis with Andrew Townsend. As a former Celtic player, no doubt David must have managed a wry smile after the final whistle, even though in the studio he must have given an impartial view on events.

In the end, it could of been us lifting the trophy, but fair play, one of the best teams in the competition were the eventual winners, and deserve credit for their disposal of Munich in the semi-final and to eventually overcome the Scottish side to win what is now Europe’s second trophy. The now defunct European Cup Winners Cup having been retired in 1999 for whatever reason.
Gary Creaney
47   Posted 15/05/2008 at 16:31:26

Thats 2 snow whites and 14 dwarves.

I think most people want him as well as a big powerful midfielder Steve.
Tony part
48   Posted 15/05/2008 at 17:55:30

Trudy... I feel no sympathy whatsoever for those Rangers neanderthals.
If they had caused that much trouble at Goodison Park then I would be angry.
I think your sympathy would be better placed with the City of Manchester stadium staff and police
Keith Glazzard
49   Posted 15/05/2008 at 17:54:01

Like many of us, I watched the game last night to see how Arshavin shaped up. And very good he looked too - a class act. But as the game went on I did start to wonder if he was really the player we need.

He seems to do what our midfield are already good at, when they’re all fit and together. Given that City are already bidding 15m, such money might be better spent further back in midfield. If - heaven forbid - we lost Mikel or Timmy, a player of Arshavin’s class would be a necessity.

Mark Griffiths
50   Posted 15/05/2008 at 18:15:44

Keith, where did you hear city are bidding £15m for him?

If that is the case, hope he is an intelligent man and knows a move to us would make much more sense!!! Maybe not to his club and agent though!!
Gerry Western
51   Posted 15/05/2008 at 18:11:00

Arshavin is truly talented player. I posted sometime ago my concern following our rumored interest in the player and given comments attributed him with respect to his preference in joining Everton over a move to Spain I was desperately hoping we would make a move for him in January convinced that should he get an opportunity to display his talents to a world wide audience he’d very soon be out of our price league. To be honest I was hoping he’d have an off game last night alas he gave a stunning performance. Whilst Moyes waits to hear what his budget might be others are busy making signings. Frankly I’ve given up all hope now. Not for the first time an opportunity goes begging.
Neil Patten
52   Posted 15/05/2008 at 18:22:37

Was at the game last night in corporate area and got talking to Ian Rush and Ray Wilkins about Arshavin before the game. General consensus was that he is too good for Everton and valued at around £16/17M. Of course wouldn?t expect either to know our transfer policy or Rush to think anybody in a Uefa Cup final is Goodison-bound but there was a very clear feeling that we will not get him. A real shame as he does look a class act. Oh, and Walter?s strategy, whilst understandable given the difference in teams? ability and his own players being knackered, was woeful. Brought back very bad memories and provided a shocking spectacle. Felt very sorry for Davey Weir though, would have been a tremendous send off for him.
Keith Glazzard
53   Posted 15/05/2008 at 18:25:14

Mark - it was The Guardian match report this morning, Kevin McCarra:

"Some reports in Russia already link Arshavin to a move to Manchester City for £15m."

Rumour mill stuff, of course, but the shop window he has been in has been a good one. And how old is he - 28? - the wages might be a factor in his thinking.

And as a footnote to the Russia / Ukraine discussion above - the (superb) Ukranian lads I played alongside many years ago would thank you as much for calling them Russian as a Scot would if you called him English. I don’t know if Russians are stay at homes (forgive me for mentioning Ian Rush, but talk about a fish out of water when he went to Italy), but Ukranians have travelled very well, including Andrei Kanchelskis. Perhaps that was something to do with being second class citizens in their "own" country.

Si Page
54   Posted 15/05/2008 at 19:10:35

Let?s face it everyone on every website related to Everton has been raving none stop about Arshavin since the minute we clocked him against us. He was the best player on the park that night and has been every time I?ve seen him since.
Thing is, there are gonna be a lot of clubs looking at him just now and (apologies, I haven?t even researched the next comment to see if he will be playing in it - and can?t really be arsed either) if he has a good European Championships then there will be even more.

What?s more Zenit themselves are playing in the Champions League next year. Suffice to say, I?m sure everyone including Moyes would love him, so here?s hoping.

On another point from last night, anyone notice how well that Whittaker played?? Watched it with a Rangers fan and he was laughing that they got so much money for Hutton when they had a much better player as his replacement. He could solve a shitload of right back issues.

Michael Hunt
55   Posted 15/05/2008 at 19:07:26

This Russian (not Ukrainian) is class. YouTube latest fan comments claim he is going to Juventus, Arsenal and West Bromwich Albion!
His star is in the ascent after the game last night and I’d be surprised if Moyes spunked a big wedge on this diminutive fella, however talented. I feel 10 mill plus would be better spent on a youngish box to box powerhouse athletic midfielder in the Patrick Viera mould...but who?!
Mick Gallagher
56   Posted 15/05/2008 at 20:19:23

Wish his shot that got headed off the line went in ? I had him 1st goal 3-0 Zenit 89/1.
James Marshall
57   Posted 15/05/2008 at 20:58:33

I hate to piss on everyones chips, but I very much doubt Zenit will sell Arshavin - they’re the richest club in Russia so have to financial reasons to sell him, and they’re looking forward to playing in the Champions League next year; so too I’d imagine is Arshavin.

There’s so much talk of this guy, but its based purely on the fact that we played them in the UEFA Cup this year - if we hadn’t, would we even be talking about him? I doubt that as well.
Gene Hunt
58   Posted 15/05/2008 at 21:53:59

Arshavin will be a blue. £8 million fee agreed. Announced 1st June
Adam Wightman
59   Posted 16/05/2008 at 00:18:54

Remember when we played them he was amazing. Really would love to see him here. Quite a few vids of him on youtube

exhibit A
Tony Part
60   Posted 16/05/2008 at 07:12:27

Arshavin going to West Brom??....Err ok
Jason Lam
61   Posted 16/05/2008 at 07:45:59

Gene Hunt, I don’t where you got that from, maybe on Mars?

To console those who question why we didn’t get AA in January, well he wouldn’t be eligible for the UEFA Cup, and Zenit were still in it themselves. If there was an agreement (clutching to straws here) we wouldn’t want him to do a Paul Ince and showing off our blue jersey just yet. That’s my hypothesis anyway.

Umm.. how many days until June 1?

Declan McCarthy
62   Posted 16/05/2008 at 09:50:37

Arshavin is a great palyer and yes I would like to see him here as well, we can only speculate on price, perhaps with Moyes’s considering a third loan for Fernandes he might be thinking of spending a big part of his budget here, I know very little about Russian league and yes it’s hard to judge with camera angles but would he have the physical strengh demanded by the premiership? I thought City offered £10 million, i think it was also reprted after the match in Goodison that he liked us and would consider comming to us, I think he wants to play in the premiership perhaps being in the Uefa cup might be enough to bring him here, let’s see on June 1.
Bradley Nolan
63   Posted 16/05/2008 at 13:14:30

Advocat say’s he’s leaving, didn’t say where to but we’ll all know soon.............