Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Planning Revisions

Could someone please take a look at the following pages from Everton FC and Knowsley Council and comment because I know I can't:

http://stadium.evertonfc.com/stadium-visuals.php http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/resources/228520/Elevation1revised.pdf

I thought the revisions were for less retail space, not make what already looked an average stadium into an eyesore.
Philip Jones, Anglesey     Posted 16/05/2008 at 14:49:08

Comments

Paul Lovatt
1   Posted 16/05/2008 at 17:24:57

There is not much difference from the original plans. What part of this scheme is an eyesore? The stadium or the fact it's in Kirkby?
Gavin Ramejkis
2   Posted 16/05/2008 at 17:42:28

I remember a number of people posting how amateurish the documentation for rebuilding Goodison Park were, well to me the elevation pdf looks like something a kid would have drawn using a bloody Etch-a-Sketch.
David Murray
3   Posted 16/05/2008 at 17:51:46

Knowsley PDF link doesn’t seem to work for me (either opening or saving to computer).
Tony Marsh
4   Posted 16/05/2008 at 18:16:11

Its almost a year now since a huge number of Evertonians where led down the garden path with thier kecks around the ankles by BK and KW on this Kirkby issue. Now the real picture is starting to emerge, where are all these fans who voted Yes? I cant find a single one these days but there were so many back in July 2007. "Reap what you sew"... I think the saying goes.
Alan Clarke
5   Posted 16/05/2008 at 18:39:49

I don’t think saying "I told you so" really helps the situation but I cannot understand how the hell anyone ever trusted Kenwright. The only thing I do trust is his total inability to deliver on this project because of he is totally inept.
Ron Leith
6   Posted 16/05/2008 at 19:35:06

What do you all think of Liverpools new stadium? A stadium has four sides and a pitch in the middle. If you are looking at design it is important not to make something look something that it aint. The worst satium design I have seen is one with a bloody great big main stand, that dwarfs the three other stands, one of which has a different design to the other two. Its not what it looks like that makes it special. Its the football that is played on the grass.
Jay Harris
7   Posted 16/05/2008 at 19:43:18

In that case Ron... why not stay at GP?
Dave Wilson
8   Posted 16/05/2008 at 19:44:42

Sorry Ron, Refresh my memory, I dont remember any one sending me a brochure telling me GP was going to be any different. That particular lie was never told to me, well at least not until I recieved that work of fiction the club put in the envelope with my ballot paper
Steve Ryan
9   Posted 17/05/2008 at 02:23:51

Neal Pearce, It's 4 weeks now mate (actually its 12 months) and you have yet to respond to my simple question which I will remind you is; What are the financial benefits to Everton Football Club in relocating to a remote, economically deprived small town as opposed to a large vibrant city centre site (with the assistance of enablers)? Maybe you can respond before the first spade hits the Kirkby soil in a few weeks time.
Roy Coyne
10   Posted 17/05/2008 at 13:17:23

Sadly, we still hear the deluded Yes voters only now it's on the "Better Bill than Hicks" still little or none mention of the deceit. We lost the vote, yes, but as time goes on nothing so far to make me feel better. And believe me, like all Evertonians, I would love to say the Yes voters were correct as its the future ? not point-scoring ? that concerns me.
Guy Wilko
11   Posted 19/05/2008 at 22:47:53

Talk amongst yourselves lads. The answer?s still yes.