Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Rooney Comments

"You join a club like Manchester United to win things.....I?ve managed to do that and to play in the biggest tournament in the world and to play in the Champions League final, I?m sure a lot of Everton fans, if they didn?t understand why I left at the time, I?m sure they will understand a bit more now."

Is it just me or does this just re-open old wounds which I fear will never heal? Maybe if he had of stayed he could have led us to the Champions League, what an achievement that would have been instead of joining an assembled group of all stars bought by ridiculous money to acheive the aforementioned.

And as for the remarks "Growing up on the mean streets of Merseyside, kicking balls around with his friends until long after dusk, Wayne Rooney did not fantasise about playing in a Champions League final. He jokes that, as a boyhood Everton supporter, he was more inclined to dream about winning the League Cup." That is just salt in the aforementioned wound.

Or am I just naive, bitter, delusional and need to move on? If I wasn't before (and I was) I'll be throwing even more of my support behind Chelsea.
Rich Will, Hull     Posted 21/05/2008 at 01:31:34

Comments

Michael Dylan
1   Posted 21/05/2008 at 06:30:44

Yeah. I?m with you on this. I actually am rooting for Chelsea to win this one.

Why?

No particular reason, except for the fact that I hate MU more than I hate Chelsea. But of Course as long as Liverpool is out of the final I?m happy enough.

Here?s too Chelsea and the Champions League!!

And oh! I want Chelsea to wipe those silly arrogant smiles of Ronaldo, Rooney and Alex Ferguson?s face. I wanna see them look dejected after losing in the final of the biggest CLub Competition in the world.

But of course... that?s just my dream.
Tom Eldridge
2   Posted 21/05/2008 at 06:33:06

I see where you’re coming from but time moves on. I’m sure we are due a payment if Man Utd wins the big cup and this can only help Moyes improve the squad.

Adolf Ng
3   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:11:19

Such comments indicate that this guy has not matured at all since his move. OK, maybe he believes that he has made a great decision to move, that’s his choice anyway, but pouring fuel to an already fading fire simply doesn’t win any respect from people. My reaction after reading this comment was simply a smile and then ignored it... anyway, since he left, in my opinion, Everton has made much more progress as a club than him making progress as a professional footballer.

So, good luck, Wayne. Yes, you broke my heart before, but now I am already at a stage that I am not interested in what you say... because now I don’t even care about you...
Mike Todd
4   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:36:07

For such a great player it’s a shame he has to say and do things that show him to be such a complete wanker!
Erik Dols
5   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:26:30

The thing that annoys me is not so much that he has left, apparantly ’to win things’ and ’play in the Champions League Final’ but that he came out and claimed he wouldn’t leave us and all. I know that words mean nothing in modern football, but why couldn’t he come out and say these things about winning prizes and playing the CL final BEFORE he left? And why did he have to leave so young? If he had stayed for another three or four years, he would have been 21 or 22 when he left us. Still more than enough time to win prizes and play CL finals! I still would have felt robbed if it has happened this way, but the pain would have been less.

On the other hand, we could desperately use the money back then and it gave us the financial room to keep our best players from then on - or so I like to think at least...
Sean Allinson
6   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:46:34

The interesting thing is that he has the need to say it. He is obviously still feels a little guilty about walking out on his roots. Good! The lady doth protest too much methinks.
Adam Cunliffe
7   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:50:31

Thanks Rooney, because I genuinely believe that if we still had him now we wouldn?t be were we are today. Yes I?m really bitter down inside but FFS Radzinkski scored more goals than him when we had Rooney and Radzinkski in the team.

So tonight, Run Fat Boy Run and help get us another 500 grand to help progress us further.
Michael Brien
8   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:56:34

In recent weeks in the Premier League there have been several examples of players scoring against former clubs - but toning down their celebrations e.g. Solano. Ironically as a good number of these have been foreign players I contrasted this reation with that of Rooney?s United badge kissing.

Yes Rooney is a talented player - but he also has a temper on him to put it mildly that has cost him bookings and sendings off. Hardly a good role model I think.

A fine player - but we have had many fine players over the years - and many who have set better examples than him.
Alan Willo
9   Posted 21/05/2008 at 08:00:41

Wayne is correct, his talent is better served down the East lancs. My only problem with the move was it may have come 1 year too early. I never boo Rooney and never will, I hate Stretford (his agent) he pushed him to turn his back on his own and cause hell for him family just so he could line his pockets. Wayne is not the sharpest tool in the box and Stretford knew this. I will be shouting for Man Utd, firstly i think EFC get £1 million if they win? and secondly the most importantly they will get closer to the 5 the RS have and that will piss them off so much. Sorry but my hatred of LFC is far stronger than any dislike I have for the Mancs. Until they go bust or out of business then my feelings for that shite across the park will just get stronger every day.
Keith Harrison
10   Posted 21/05/2008 at 07:59:08

500 000 grand will buy us a new stadium, every player we are linked with, Rooney back, and even Ronaldo to clean his boots if we wanted.

Rooney obviously still cares about EFC or he wouldn’t still be making these ’excuses’ as to why he left - he still wants Evertonians to like him.

I’m not arsed who wins the final - just delirious the RS aren’t there. Probably prefer the 500 billion off Man U above, but i am so interested in the final I’m off to a "Pike Fishing on Bassenthwaite" seminar.

PS: All sperm banks in Manchester and West London have been given three days holiday from today, as all their wankers are in Moscow.
Mike Bates
11   Posted 21/05/2008 at 08:17:18

Seriously, I can't believe you don't understand why a player would leave a then Premier League yo-yo club... pushing Europe one year then fighting relegation the next... for one of the greatest teams in modern day football.

Move on.

Without his transfer fee we would be another 4 years off where we are now, minumum.
Simon Jones
12   Posted 21/05/2008 at 08:32:07

It's cos he was so good that it hurts. But to keep harking back to anything about him only gives fuel to idiots who like to call us "Bitter Blues."

Just quietly revel in the fact after moving to the Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches that he is not (by some distance) the best player in the team.
Stefan Tosev
13   Posted 21/05/2008 at 08:33:32

Mike,

Lets wave the white flag whenever we have to play "one of the greatest teams in modern day football" then. We are talking all of the time about breaking Sky 4 but I fear that with this kind of attitude we will never manged it
Patty Beesley
14   Posted 21/05/2008 at 09:00:50

My goodness, and I thought the little bugger left us because he was so badly treated by Davey Moyes.

Why bother with him, he?s not worth it and I think we are doing pretty well without him.
Paul Fuller
15   Posted 21/05/2008 at 09:02:59

It?s like being hung up on what your ex-girlfriend says about ya. Rooney?s Man U now, in the same way Carsely and McFadden are Brums, Wier is at Rangers, Stubbs is at Derby and Radzinski is where ever?

I will support anything that benifits EFC above everything else and because EFC will gain cash as part of the Rooney sale in a Man U win, I am firmly in the Man U camp tonight, however strange or wrong that may feel!!!!!
Tony Part
16   Posted 21/05/2008 at 09:11:56

Who cares what Rooney says and does anymore? I don't care anymore and as ar as I am concerned unless we had a mega take over, if Rooney was still at Everton now, we would be scrimping around buying washed up Championship players on limited budgets of £2 million every summer.

Would we have even finished fourth if Rooney had stayed with us during the 2004-05 season? Somehow I doubt it because selling Rooney really rallied the players that were here into doing something special, the squad of players that finished fourth was never in a million years good enough but they rallied in many ways to put two fingers up to Rooney.

Look at Rooney's last season in 2003-04... we finished with our lowest ever points total, we won one away match all season and got hammered nearly every other week. When Rooney was at Everton it was just that... The Wayne Rooney show... We had shit else around in terms of quality and once we sold Radzinski we sold our remaining goal threat. What else did we have in the way of potential attacking talent? Nothing at all.

Now look at our position and look back to then. I say to myself it was nice while it briefly lasted but sorry Wayne, we are all enjoying watching Everton much more these days.

Jason Lam
17   Posted 21/05/2008 at 08:56:50

Rich, you do need to move on. Sorry to say Everton won?t be in a European Cup Final for some time yet. If that is what the boy wants then so be it, it?s a free world afterall.

IMHO, Rooney was one of the greatest talents to sport our blue jersey during my short time on this earth, he came at a time when we really were crap, and gave us some pride on the pitch with his skills and bulldog attitude. He went absolutely mental everytime he scored for us and so did I. The fact that he was produced by our very own youth system gives me further pride.

As to how an 18-year-old boy was manipulated or brainwashed (his agent, $$, WAG, Stubbs even!?) is forgiveable in my book. I wouldn?t hold a grudge against any other 18-year-old who?s just starting out life in the brutal workforce, would you? FFS you need to forgive, if only to continue living.

The lad gave a big bouquet at the site of the Rhys Jones murder. Did his agent tell him to do that? The lad?s a blue but cannot admit it in this commerical world.

I have been thinking whether Moyes would give Rooney a much freer role in the Second Striker position in the now EFC side. He looks so peripheral to Ronaldo, like a bridesmaid. Oh well, we?ve moved on to green pastures.

Still, got stick it up to those arrogant bastards, Chelsea!
James Marshall
18   Posted 21/05/2008 at 09:56:32

Bigger picture surely?? Wayne who??

Good luck to the bloke, no player is bigger than the club - if you want Chelsea to become more successful than us then go ahead and support them tonight; personally I want Utd to stuff em - why? Because Utd are already way more successful than us and are likely to stay that way. Chelsea have hardly won anything in comparison to us, and them winning tonight would just make them think they?re even more ?above us?

Chelsea represent everything that's wrong with football today, Utd do as well to a degree but moreso with Chelsea.

It's Utd all the way for my money.
Ben Howard
19   Posted 21/05/2008 at 10:51:12

I was choked up when he moved to United, as he was potentially the most talented footballer to come through the club in my lifetime. However, as soon as the Mancs came sniffing round I knew he’d be off and immediately resigned myself to the fact.

The money we made has got us where we are now and for that I’m grateful - but not to Rooney - he should have begged to be part of this club.

His lack of class and humility beggar belief sometimes. You only have to see the respect that Benjani showed to Portsmouth when he scored for City against his old club to see the gulf in grace.

I think with better PR, thick-as-shit Rooney may have got away with breaking our hearts, but the damage has been done now and I doubt we’ll ever see him in a blue shirt again, however successful we are in the future.

We all need to get over it.
Gareth Humphreys
20   Posted 21/05/2008 at 11:04:32

Is everyone forgetting that in has last season with us he stank the gaff out most of the time.
Good deal for the blues although I think we could have squeezed a bit more out of them. It still bloody hurt though.
Chris Fisher
21   Posted 21/05/2008 at 11:38:11

To be fair to him we give him so much abuse when he comes back to us, that's why he probably behaves the way he does when he plays against us, although if he was clever he would keep his head down, not celebrate when he scores, and show some respect ? then he?d look grown up and we?d look like pricks!! Anyway, we win either way tonight: if Man U win we get some money and if Chelsea win we get to see Rooney gutted!
Darrel Pugh
22   Posted 21/05/2008 at 11:54:43

If ever there the argument needed to be settled that players should do their talking on the pitch and that in the main they are all badly educated incapable of coherent argument and generally stupid people who are paid a lot for their sporting talent then Rooney is it. The bloke is as thick as two short planks he shouldn?t be allowed to open his gob in public. He is equaled in his idiocy by that prat of a girlfriend. He is not worth listening to full stop and nor is she.
Alan Codd
23   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:01:48

Personally I couldny give a flying fuck what he has to say.
He is not an Evertonian and gave up that right with his badge kissing antics.
It's not a lack of maturity, it's a lack of CLASS.
Labone, Dean, Ball, Hickson, Kendall, Harvey, Young, West etc ? fucking CLASS and forever loved.
John Lloyd
24   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:10:42

Over him the tool, if it was his decision to wear that t-shirt under his jersey then it wasnt his decision to move, like the people above he is trying to prove it to himself more than anything, forget it lad. We’re over ya!

Alan Codd, well said mate, well said.
Martin Berry
25   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:06:44

It’s not the fact he left us but that he never acknowledges what Everton did for him. If he had done this at the time of his move there probably wouldn’t be the same hostility against the fat fucking Manc.
Anthony Horabin
26   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:19:32

Best thing he did, leaving, helped to buy us a better squad. One boy is not a team, but we now have a good team on the back of his transfer money.
Dominic Duerden
27   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:39:30

David Moyes has built his team on the money from Rooney. He is a brilliant class act player, I wish he was still here, but we did get great money for him.
Liam Young
28   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:52:24

Wayne Rooney is a simpleton, the lad has no tact, no brain, he can just kick a ball, and I'm not even bothered. I forgot about him a long time ago, although the money we got for him helpled, and will continue to if they win tonight, but all I want to see is a quality holding midfielder join (Dudu?), a top class right winger (Joaquin) and maybe a forward like Jo. We need some more height up front, that will add so many dimensions to our team. Wayne who? exactly... Everton can move to heights not seen in a long time. That's all I am concerned with,
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!!
Tony Waverleas
29   Posted 21/05/2008 at 12:30:38

Wayne, just like any sportsman the world over, stopped being a fan the moment he got his first paycheck: from that moment on, he became an employee. And like any employee, he decided to pursue a bigger salary and and better career prospects at the earliest opportunity. Which makes him no different from the rest of us but to still be lambasting him for it makes us look hypocritical and petty.

If I had one wish of my fellow Evertonians it would be that we stop rooting ourselves in the past nursing our grievances ? the future is what matters and Wayne is not part of that so let it go and move on. Really.

As for tonight, I want United to win because it?s good for us ? every penny will be gratefully received and wisely spent by a manager who is looking forward and not back. And it?s time some of our fans did the same.

Tony Williams
30   Posted 21/05/2008 at 13:10:49

Well said Tony, I got over his leaving after a season, especially as we had just finished 4th without him.

As already said, he is dense and is clueless with regards to what he says but I would never doubt he is an Evertonian through and through.

The way he reacts when he scores is down to the fact we still have some bitter people in the stands singing about him still. Stop singing about him and let him know that we simply do not care about him anymore.

Thanks for the money, Wayne, but you are nothing to us now but a chance of some extra dough if you do well.
Steve Williams
31   Posted 21/05/2008 at 13:29:01

"Or am I just naive, bitter, delusional and need to move on?"

Quite frankly, yes! End of.
Jimmy Rimmer
32   Posted 21/05/2008 at 13:13:05

The main reason I begrudge (and I thought was the common conception of) why Rooney?s departure was because earlier in the season he lifted his shirt up saying something like ?Once a Blue, always a Blue), after an average season was probably the best player at the Euro?s and we were getting offers of stupid millions, nearly double what we got for him and then it was only towards the end of transfer window he decided he wanted out thereby greatly reducing the asking price and not giving us any time to sort out replacing him. Correct me if I?m wrong.

Nobody can begrudge anyone for moving on, but it?s the manner in which they do it and how they treat you after. Rooney has failed miserably at both but the latter reason seems to be getting bandied about the most. It will something that always haunt him I feel; he made his bed and he can lie in it. He will be remembered as a Manchester Utd great, not an Everton great. I know which I?d prefer to be.

Nick Entwistle
33   Posted 21/05/2008 at 13:03:55

Not like he’s improved any... nuts to him.
Mike Bates
34   Posted 21/05/2008 at 13:53:31

Stefan, at no point did I suggest that we just wave the white flag whenever we play Utd, I am merely pointing out that he left to go and win trophies and honours and, fair enough, more money at a better club. If you're not gonna admit that Manchester Utd are better than us, then I have no idea at all what football you?ve been watching for the past 15 years, but it hasn't been the Premiership.
Tony Marsh
35   Posted 21/05/2008 at 14:54:33

I hate Wayne Rooney not because of what he did by leaving us [who could blame him the way he was treated by Moyes] but the way in which he went about the move sickened me ? that and who he moved to. The self-proclaimed Scouse haters Man Utd.

How stupid must the Rooney clan feel when they attend Old Trafford for games and have to listen to the anti-Scouse songs for the whole 90 minutes? Rooney is a twat but Moyes must take a huge slice of the blame. I mean, Wayne Rooney, automatic choice for England and the Mancs but not good enough to start for DM's Everton... Makes ye wonder, doesn't it?
Darren Frankland
36   Posted 21/05/2008 at 14:46:04

Wayne's biggest wrong-doing in my eyes was that he never came out and thanked Everton for essentially making him the player that he was when leaving us. I take on board that all the thanks we received and indeed needed came financially, and I?m truly grateful for that.
Looking back he was streets ahead of us, he was very young and has proved, very ambitious ......... Good luck to the lad. Utd to win as it will pay for a good few annual salaries of our younger players I suppose. I would imagine he probably still is a Blue deep down - his family can?t all have suddenly converted surely?
Let's move on eh?
Ean Palese
37   Posted 21/05/2008 at 14:54:42

All the animosity that Rooney has is geared toward Moyes, not EFC. It?s obvious that these two have burned bridges that might not ever get repaired. We all know what a stubborn cunt Moyes and Rooney can be. If we had the squad then that we have now, Rooney might have stayed on a while longer. When he realized that Moyes had no (quick) ambition to strenghten the team ? or at least no instant answers ? Shrek said good-bye. He turned his dream into reality while Moyes might be still dreaming. There are few players who are willing to stay with mediocrity when riches are just over the fence ? who could blame them? We?d all like to think that homegrown talent will wait out the famine when you?re starving for trophies and European football.
Patty Beesley
38   Posted 21/05/2008 at 15:19:35

You are quite right, Tony Marsh, it does make me wonder ... it makes me wonder what you are at!! Give Davey Moyes a break will you. Whatever did he do to deserve continual venom from you?
Tony Marsh
39   Posted 21/05/2008 at 15:47:21

OK Patty sorry for having a go at DM over the Rooney scandal.I mean Moyes is blameless in all of this isnt he?Lets face it why play the best English player
this country has ever produced when you can drop him to the bench game after game then play him on the wing when you think he deserves a go.

Face up to it Moyes has got no man management skills what so ever.If he did have then maybe we might of gotten another season or two out of Rooney.Totally blameless thats what Moyes is Patty.
Tony Marsh
40   Posted 21/05/2008 at 15:47:21

OK Patty, sorry for having a go at DM over the Rooney scandal. I mean Moyes is blameless in all of this isn't he? Let's face it why play the best English player this country has ever produced when you can drop him to the bench game after game then play him on the wing when you think he deserves a go?

Face up to it, Moyes has got no man-management skills whatsoever. If he did have then maybe we might of gotten another season or two out of Rooney. Totally blameless ? that's what Moyes is, Patty.
Shaun Brennan
41   Posted 21/05/2008 at 15:55:15

Wayne Rooney is a bit of a idiot. I have or had no problem with him leaving Everton, just the manner in which he did.
Arthur Jones
42   Posted 21/05/2008 at 15:45:27

Scraping the bottom of the barrel now tony marsh, aren?t you , blaming David Moyes for Rooney leaving?? Rooney had decided to leave months before the season ended and played like it, so why should he be an automatic choice when he wasn?t prepared to give 100%, he was best left on the bench brooding... If DM had played him when he wasn?t giving his all you would have slagged him off for doing that. But then I expect bitter vitriol from every statement you make ? you don?t know anything else
James Marshall
43   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:03:36

Tony, while I respect your view, to say that Rooney is the best player is country has ever produced is waaaaay off the mark, mate. The bloke's only been around 5 minutes and hasn?t done anything to back up your claim!
Gary Tudor
44   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:15:37

I would like to make 3 points about Rooney and I was as bitter as the rest when left, once a blue always a blue!
1. Wayne leaving, has helped this club and the sucess we are enjoying now has a lot to do with the money earned from the sale.

2. £1 million for EFC if MUFC lift trophy on top of the £500,000 already earned as a result of them winning the title. I know who I want to win!

3. Wayne will one day return to EFC and he is already starting to try and calm things down.

I am sure most Evertonians would welcome him back!!! He is a class player.
Gerard Madden
45   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:38:16

I dont think he was ever a real blue - not like us, his head was turned too early and too easily for him to be a real Everton fan. As for tonight's match, not that bothered really, I generally prefer Chelsea to win but the extra half-million the club would get from a Utd win would soften the blow somewhat.
Alan Clarke
46   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:58:20

Selling Rooney did help us get where we are today BUT Kenwright not finding investment meant he had to sell Rooney so I still blame Kenwright for creating a situation where we had to cash in.

Living in Manchester and working in Salford, I still get it off them all the time about Rooney and I still refer to him as that fat little granny shagging judas, because that’s what he is. I truely hope his hip injury prevents him playing tonight.
Tony Waverleas
47   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:58:47

"...I hate Wayne Rooney..." (Tony Marsh, above).

Oh dear.
And we wonder why we get called bitter.
Sad. Truly truly sad.
John Crossley
48   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:05:44

Why does?nt he just shut the fuck up, the red shirt twat face fucker. Cannot abide the prick, he seems so far up his own arse it?s not true.
Albert Dock
49   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:10:47

Surely nobody thinks that ratboy came over all Mickey Spillaneish with "Mean Streets of Merseyside".

When will people ever understand that not only do journos bend, twist and distort facts they also lie.

Probably trebles all round in El Vinos tonight.
Michael Hunt
50   Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:27:47

Tony, IMO Moyes was looking after the lad’s (and Everton’s) best interests i.e. showing: 1) no one is bigger than the Club. 2) Rooney was still a growing 17 years old kid, so needed protecting from over-playing causing injury or burnout later on.
Sadly, it ended up working to ManU’s benefit in the end more than our’s!
Rooney let us down by not signing a new contract and staying for one more year, we’d have been able to get more cash then.
Still, if he wins tonight he’ll have won the lot at ManU and if he decides to run his contact down with them and come back to us on a Bosman then I may forgive him! Especially when he partners Vaughan in a few years time in terrorising the mancs on route to winning Everton’s (and Merseyside’s!) first Premier League title! Ah, the stuff of fantasies...ain’t it grand! COYB!
Tim Lloyd
51   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:03:16

I know all should be allowed to post on this forum but I would be so grateful if the sickening comments at every opportunity from that detestable Tony Marsh could somehow just get lost. I know of no one who is prepared to back him up in his febrile comments.
Ej Ruane
52   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:36:31

He?s partly right - I mean about us not getting ?there?. But if a club sells it?s best players for what is comparatively fuck-all (nb: Rio Ferdinand - £30m) that club won?t get ?there?...or anywhere else for that matter. Where I DO take issue with the granny shagger, is with his statement..

"I?m sure a lot of Everton fans will understand a bit more now. You grow up dreaming of games like this..."

Not true! Though he won?t be aware of it, sentences like "You grow up dreaming of playing in games like this..." are just more insidious, Sky bullshit (like ?Super Sunday?). I can almost hear a Richard Keays saying it. But as I say, it?s not true.

As an Evertonian growing up, my ONLY dream was playing for Everton (well, apart from the later dreams that Involved Indrid Pitt, Madeline Smith and a fist-full of bog roll)... Did I dream about playing in an FA Cup Final? Maybe.... but NOT for Manchester United. Did I dream about playing in the European Cup Final? Possibly... but NOT for Manchester United.

I can honestly, hand on heart, say, that in ANY football dream or fantasy I had as a kid (or worryingly.. now) I?m wearing a blue shirt (the 69-70 one)

Maybe it?s a generational thing, maybe it?s a Sky thing. Rooney is (obviously) a product of a combination of things. His Family, his environment and the times we live in. I don?t really blame him for speaking shite (he?s a thick as shite, so I expect... thick as shite). However, I?m suprised at how dumb those around him MUST be.

Someone should have said to him when he went to United, "Wayne, want to make your life a little easier?" ? and then tattooed on his head, twice (backwards as well so he can read it in the mirror) the following sentence:

?Never say the word Everton in public..EVER?.

(puts finger to lips, adopts coy Shirley Temple expression and voice) Does that make me a bad person?
James Byrne
53   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:40:53

Rich Hill from Hull; get over it mate, Rooney was playing for us when we were shite and I am amazed this topic still gets so much attention; we were never going to hold onto him so let it go. He is also totally brainless and typical of your average "thick as pig-shit" footballer so what the fuck do you expect!

As for United I hope they win tonight coz anything they do to better the red shites history suits me fine.

And I actually think Man U play decent football besides some of Ronaldos diving and antics; I also like to think that Evertonians appreciate good football whereas the red shite don?t appreciate anything good in the game unless it?s them doing it.

Rock on United to a 2:0 win..........
Matthew Sweeney
54   Posted 21/05/2008 at 17:44:43

"...I hate Wayne Rooney..." (Tony Marsh, above).

"Really? You actually hate another human being who happens to play football for a team different to the one you support?"

Simplifying the situation a bit dont you think? I never really blamed Rooney about leaving, and didn?t really have any feelings about him until last season. I was a the game when we lost 4-2 after being 2-0 up, and when Rooney scored he ran up to the Everton fans and started kissing the United badge. After that, I think he?s a complete cunt.
Steve Guy
55   Posted 21/05/2008 at 18:00:30

Shrek is a classless but hugely talented lad. The original post should have quoted his whole statement instead of editing it. He actually goes on to say that "the best chance they (Everton) have of reaching a final is the Carling Cup". Complete wind up merchant. Moyes should just stick that on the dressing room door next season as all the motivation the team will need. I am over Shrek and have been for some time. However, we shouldn?t take comments like that from anyone.

By the way, Mr. Marsh, Moyes won an apology from Rooney and damages for making the kind of accusations you trot out to support your increasingly desparate attempts to have a pop at DM. So even Shrek disagrees with you. Hope Moyes reads this thread and sues your ass :-)
Jay Campbell
56   Posted 21/05/2008 at 18:46:12

He left school without a single qualification to his name. Speaks volumes of what is between his ears doesn?t it??

After what he did on Alan Ball?s tribute day he can kiss my arse the scruff.

God bless William Ralph Dean, Brian Labone & Alan James Ball true giants of Everton Football Club.

His agent must be congatulated actually he must be the only man who has made a local born footballer with great talent hated by both sets of supporters.

Never will you be welcome back at EFC, never will you be allowed to roam freely around Liverpool again ? but I supposed that?s what you always dreamed of wasn?t it Wayne??

Total idiot he is.
Eddie O'Neill
57   Posted 21/05/2008 at 18:31:29

What?s all the fuss about? Wayne Rooney me bollix.... if ya wanna story of a real legend... Evertonian..... gentleman.... .and football star, read the book "Dixie Dean". Them come back and tell me what you think of ....what?s his name??? Oh yeah Rooney..... get a life, guys, he?s not that fucking good.

By the way, I hope they both fucking loose tonight!!!!!!!!! COYB.

Dave Wilson
58   Posted 21/05/2008 at 18:52:47

He's out of the family, his choice

Fuck him.
Brett Bradshaw
59   Posted 21/05/2008 at 19:21:48

Forgive and forget, everybody makes mistakes, he was only young, and led by a greedy bastard agent!

If he were to win the CL tonight and realise that he made a mistake, I would have him back tomorrow!

Once a Blue, always a Blue!
Robbie Muldoon
60   Posted 21/05/2008 at 23:28:45

Hey tho, don?t forget Moyes stating he was gona treat him with kid gloves like Alex Ferguson did with Ryan Giggs... Moyes did limit the chances he was getting for us. He didn't really know how to handle the situation in my opinion.
David Edwards
61   Posted 21/05/2008 at 23:27:09

"You join United to win things and I?ve managed that. To reach the Champions League final is a great achievement by the team and I?m sure a lot of Everton fans will understand a bit more now. You grow up dreaming of games like this, but Everton were never going to get there." - Wayne Rooney.

Boy, if ever there was a god of justice, wouldn’t it be nice to rub that last sentence in his podgy scrawny face. I try not to be bitter when it comes to ex-players, but I’d written him out of our history years ago by his attitude to us.

In all honesty, is it me or does he remain a shadow of the player he looked like he would become with us, all those years ago? Some great goals for the Manure, but I had him down as one of the potential all-time greats - yet for both for club and country he still seems that elusive step away from world class (such as Ronaldo etc.). I’d like to think Fergie has coached some of the potential out of him that Davey might have brought out - but perhaps it’s more about the fame and money which young players get these days. In the end he’s laughing all the way to the bank, but I hope he realises that if he’d only won one trophy with us he’d have been immortal forever - yet with the Manure I wonder whether in years to come he’ll be thought of as being a true legend along with the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Rio and Pretty Boy? Just a thought?
Roy Coyne
62   Posted 21/05/2008 at 23:21:36

Just an observation but a lot of people on here at one time or other have stated their contempt and or hate of Rooney and have never been slagged as every one is entitled to their opinions unless they are called Tony Marsh. I don't always agree with him but respect his right to his own opinion and for what it's worth I can't forgive Rooney either but never Boo him simply because he's not worth the effort.
James Byrne
63   Posted 22/05/2008 at 00:36:22

Great post by David Edwards!

I really don’t think Rooney has done it for me for a while now with United; and you can’t deny that we all watch out for him either live on Sky or on the highlights on MOTD! He isn’t anywhere near what we all expected him to be is he?

I know he is fucking ugly, overweight and possibly over rated; but the one thing in his life that upsets the balance is his gobby, talentless bird, Colleen! If Wayne is the pig shit thicko of footy, then Colleen is the pig shit thicko of WAGS! You don’t hear about John Terry’s bird or even Ronaldo’s missus spending sickable amounts of wedge on clothes and holidays just for the sake of rubbing it into the average but loyal football supporters faces!

Pair of Twats!
Anj Stam
64   Posted 22/05/2008 at 01:23:50

David Edwards you?re absolutely spot on about Rooney's progress since he left us. Everton made him a great player but ever since he became a Manc, Fergie has somehow transformed him into a good player only. I think if he?d stayed with us, he would?ve excelled more-so under DM than Sir Clown Fergie.IMO he hasn?t been as influetial for the Mancs unlike Ronaldo, Shrek or even Ferd/Vidic/Evra.

I think he must get pissed off when Ronaldo gets all the accolades and attention from the Manc fans when he himself (Gooney ie) was considered to be their next big thing! My arse bleeds for him.

.........COYB......IMWT............

Jimmy Rimmer
65   Posted 22/05/2008 at 08:02:18

If Wayne Rooney had never been born unto this earth, then the world would be a different place... There would be less ugly stupid people for a start... a number of elderly prostitutes in the Liverpool area would be a bit poorer... But also, Everton Football Club would be considerably poorer and in a damn sight more trouble than they find themselves today.

So I salute you Wayne Rooney... Thank you for your talents and for the money they subsequently brought our beloved club. May those talents continue to fade into the wilderness and may you continue to make less and less of an impact on football matches around the world as demonstrated in your piss poor showing last night!
Mike McIlroy
66   Posted 22/05/2008 at 10:27:29

Let?s just ignore the little twat. Every time he opens his mouth it proves to me what a two-faced nark he really is. Yeah we could have had him in our side but clearly his character is showing through and his blue credentials are bollocks. I couldn?t stomach watching play in a blue shirt ?cos let?s face it ? if it wasn?t Manure he signed for he would have happily gone to the RS. He was an unsettling factor in the dressing room and he return a few goals that got us nowhere.

Since he?s gone we?ve reached new levels and to go beyond that we need money - not some jug eared fat judas like him. I?ll never understand why he turned down £50k a week to play for his ?boyhood club?. It?s not about trophies its about the badge you wear and the honour that bestows on you. Someone like him simply has no right to carry the emblem ?Nil Satis Nisi Optimum?.

The new season beckons and we?re rid of some of the old demons ? him being one of them ? we?ll find new heroes that are worthy of our adoration.

Tony Waverleas
67   Posted 22/05/2008 at 10:46:26

Matthew, it really isn’t "simplifying the situation a bit" at all.
He once played for us and now he doesn’t.

Sure, I think he acts like a prick at times and would love to think that in my next 30 years of watching us I’ll see a player with even half his talent break through our ranks who’ll this time stay and be a winner with us.
As for the badge-kissing, well, personally I think it’s a crass affectation that’s crept into the modern game that makes my skin crawl - and that includes any Everton player who does it. Besides, are you really trying to tell me Rooney doesn’t run a gauntlet of foul-mouthed abuse and obscenities from a sizeable proportion of the Goodison crowd? If you dish it out then be big enough to swallow it when it comes back at you.

But hating players? Nah, not for me - it might be some people’s idea of being an Evertonian but it isn’t mine.
John McKie
68   Posted 22/05/2008 at 13:46:44

I was discussing Rooney?s comments with a friend and we both agreed that any sensible person, with an ounce of common sense and intelligence would have said something like...

"I felt I had to move clubs to develop as a footballer by playing and training with the best players in Europe while plying my trade in Europes elite cup competition. I appreciate the help, support and opportunities I received while at Everton and am grateful for the way in which they helped me develop into an exciting young footballer with lots of potential. I understand why the fans where angry as the manner in which I left was slightly sour, however, I feel the move has been vindicated and justified this season by the progress I have made and the trophies I have won. I would also like to think the money from my transfer helped Everton Football Club and my leaving also helped galvanize the players and supporters."

As I say... a sensible and intelligent person with common sense. Unfortunately, the whore shagging Shrek wanna be has no such qualities and the way in which he spouted off about Moyes and this city only goes to prove this.

He is one of the few scouse footballers that create a bond and uniform thought between Everton and Liverpool, the thought is... Both HATE him!
Trevor Powell
69   Posted 22/05/2008 at 13:49:57

The thing that really stands out for me is the lack of pleasure in Rooney?s game these days. As a blue and england player up to 2004, there was always a great big smile. Now there is a constant scowl. Having watched last night, the golden boy was anonymous and I was surprised Scholes was taken off before him. Man Utd seem to have worked out that Ronaldo is their real road to success and even in the second half when they temed up on Ronaldo, Rooney could not exploit the space and looked like a little boy lost.

He seems to be very unhappy for all his talk, a marriage coming up to a gold digger who has no fame without him and desperately wants the limelight for herself. As she becomes more noticed, he seems more insecure and must be wondering when he can get back to granny whores who are not in competition with him!

In terms of him leaving EFC, that was a done deal twelve months earlier as the disgraced Stretford was trying to ensure himself of a big pay day before the FA should have removed his agent's credentials!

Paul Lally
70   Posted 22/05/2008 at 13:24:25

2 points -
a)Radio Merseyside phone in - the day after he went,12 year old blue asking why Rooney has broken the heart of every blue kid in Liverpool without even an explanation.

b)Kissing the badge and sliding to their fans in front of the Park End (and me).

I cannot remember any other player ever having so much disrespect for a former club and made worse in this instance by ’Once a blue, always a blue,’ and looking after him since he was very young including at times food and school uniforms.

Unforgivable because at that point he had the opportunity to let the Everton fans know he was still a blue but went for other reasons.
There is no excuse for what he did that day - Stretford was not on the pitch with him.
He did it because he wanted to.
And until he comes out and says sorry for that action and every other time he has done it then he can simply fuck off.

Never a blue, now a Manc
Thomas Jones
71   Posted 22/05/2008 at 14:34:36

That's what United fans think of him now, the majority of comments that mention him suggest he should be replaced/dropped next season.
Colin Harkness
72   Posted 22/05/2008 at 22:45:39

I think that the huge response to this article tells us all that the ?Wayne Rooney? episode will forevermore be an open wound as regards Evertonians. I've tried to think rationally about it, ie, his comment "Now I think Evertonians will understand a little better why i joined United". I suppose in the same way any band wagon jumping glory hunter does I assume Wayne. Perhaps we should all support United..? They win everything, that your reasoning?

When he first made the England team, i was practically bursting with pride; when he tore the European Championships apart, I was besides myself with unrestrained "that's our boy" outbursts. I saw him lift the European Cup with United last night and felt absolutely nothing, except perhaps the slightest inclination towards disdain. Because basically, he?s nothing more than a gloryhunter. Instead of battling to try and the attain the glory with his ?Beloved? Everton.. he took the silver. No loyalty, no class, and in no way a true Evertonian.

Frank Duffy
73   Posted 25/05/2008 at 19:44:45

30 pieces of silver and i hope he is pleased. Now let's ignore him we now have more loyal players who really play for the BLUE shirt. Lets hope next season we can start beating those so called ?big? teams and set out our intent.