Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Let Vic go to the Olympics

Just reading on Toffeeweb that DM will try to block Victor Anichebe's inclusion in the Nigerian squad for this year's Olympics. I personally think taking part in the Olympics would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for 'Big Vic' and not taking part is something he would always regret. Like everybody I want what is best for Everton, but sometimes common sense must prevail.
Stan  Mullin, Bootle     Posted 21/05/2008 at 16:37:45

Comments

Otto Heinonen
1   Posted 23/05/2008 at 07:15:56

Well, if Barcelona is willing to let Messi play in Olympics...and we got lucky with Yobo. We still need more strikers, no matter how Vic decides.
Albert Dock
2   Posted 23/05/2008 at 08:33:50

I know that this is off topic and that I will get shot down for it but please, please do not refer to football teams in the singular.

This annoying American preference is becoming more and more prevalent here.

Whatever you might think of Wednesday’s result, "Manchester Wins Its Third Euro Cup" just doesn’t sound correct to us pedants.

Yes, I do speak a foreign language before anyone asks.

This should have read: "Barcelona are willing to let Messi play".
Andrew Cunningham
3   Posted 23/05/2008 at 09:14:41

A rose is still a rose Albert!
John Dooley
4   Posted 23/05/2008 at 10:03:04

I think he should go, he would probably return a better player for the experience.
Steve Hopkins
5   Posted 23/05/2008 at 10:09:48

Let him go, he doesn’t look like he could hit a barndoor with a banjo for us at the moment
Mike Allison
6   Posted 23/05/2008 at 12:00:10

It could be good for him as a player, no-one would complain if we saw a better, more confident Victor Anichebe come back from the Olympics. Also, for those who don’t rate him, we’re more likely to get a bigger fee for a guy who’s done well in the Olympics than for someone who’s sat on the bench for us. I definitely agree we should let him play.
Colin Smith
7   Posted 23/05/2008 at 12:49:06

I agree let Anichebe go. Great experience for him & imagine how hacked off he would feel with Everton if he was stopped from playing. Also, assuming (dangerous I realise) everybody returns to fitness & new players come, Victor would be very lucky to get a place on the bench.
Tony Williams
8   Posted 23/05/2008 at 13:42:40

Let him go I say, hopefully Vaughan, Cahill and Arteta will all be back for the start of next season so I can’t imagine Vic being a starter anyway so we should be able to do without him for 3 games.

Would be a great experience for him.
Otto Heinonen
9   Posted 23/05/2008 at 14:05:07

Please forgive me, Albert. I learnt my English from American tv-shows...
Albert Dock
10   Posted 23/05/2008 at 14:57:44

Kaikki on annettu anteeski.

Michael Hunt
11   Posted 23/05/2008 at 14:23:17

Unlucky there Otto! Big Vic should defo go to the Olympics. He could benefit from playing a different style of football, get more game time and raise his profile.
I can see Moyess? point though, if he is reluctant to let him go, as we may lack cover. JV and TC may well not be quite ready, so AJ and Yak will be our only available forwards. Obviously if either or both of them are unfit we only have developing youngsters (e.g. Kieran Agard, Lucas Jutkiewicz, Jose Baxter), but they?re probably not ready/good enough for the Prem yet, so Moyes may have to play a key defender as an emergency forward!
PS. I think we may trade AJ this summer for another striker IF we get a big offer, but that will not change the numbers available up front for mid-August.
Joe Crosby
12   Posted 25/05/2008 at 12:47:06

Let Vic go and play wherever he wants so long as its not leading the everton attack. he’s absolutely hopeless!!