Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Season tickets

I'm looking at buying my first Everton season ticket for next season when they go on general sale on the 16th June. I regularly go to matches and when I do, I sit in the Upper Glawdys. The atmosphere at that end of the ground is by far the best in the stadium but when I was looking at the prices for season tickets for the new campaign it was £91 dearer than the cheapest part of ground, the Family Enclosure (under 16 prices).

Now I've never been to the Family Enclosure so I don't want to pre-judge but it does seem a little flat compared to the Glawdys Street and the Bullens Road. But like I said it's the cheapest part of the ground and £91 is a lot of money to a 14-year -old.

So I just want some opinions, is it worth saving the money to sit in a part of the ground with no atmosphere or should or I pay more to sit in the Upper Glawdys? Also are there any rules in the Family Enclosure regarding swearing and singing? Thanks.
Adam Cunliffe, St Helens     Posted 24/05/2008 at 11:39:21

Comments

Darren Jolly
1   Posted 24/05/2008 at 15:39:01

Sit in the Lower Glawdys, about half way back and in the middle ? best atmosphere in the ground. You will love it!
Dave Noble
2   Posted 24/05/2008 at 17:02:04

You shouldnt be swearing at 14 anyway!

But yea, Lower Gwladys is best.
Arthur Jones
3   Posted 24/05/2008 at 17:12:55

My Ticket is in the Park End and I love my seat but my mate's son and friend have been season ticket holders in the Lower Gwladys since they were 11 and they?re 21 now ... Wild horses couldn?t drag them from their seats ,
Tony Williams
4   Posted 24/05/2008 at 18:02:20

Lower Gwlady for me. I must sit near Darren as I am about half way back to the right of the goal.

Wouldn’t change it for the world, I have sat all around the ground for cup games but I always think the Lower Gwladys is by far the best
Tony Waverleas
5   Posted 24/05/2008 at 19:50:22

Lower Gwladys.
First stood and now sit in the same speck for more than 30 years and it’s made me the man I am today - a miserable wretch and a pale imitation of my younger more idealistic self.
Come and join us.
Steve Green
6   Posted 25/05/2008 at 00:32:16

Stay in the Gwladys, Adam, and complete your education.
Don?t want to sound condescending (even if it does) but I have travelled your path and can?t emphasise enough that you should stay there with all antannae on full throttle and take in the comments (serious and funny) of the sages and ald arses around you. Cos it really is an education that serves you well later in life (even if it is only a difference of opinion with a redshite down the pub or in work). These guys around you will ground you in what it means to be blue and what is expected of you as a member of that proud, select family. PS The view is pretty good as well!
Tom Hughes
7   Posted 25/05/2008 at 07:37:31

Adam,
Isn’t the upper and lower St end priced the same? The upper is by far the better view especially if you are in the first few rows. downstairs is more raucous though.

Failing that try the Top Balcony, get the noise from both ends..... atmosphere in stereo, and good views when we’re kicking both ways, and at the same price as the St end I think. I’ve been going over 30 yrs and keep promising myself that I’ll one day graduate to a side stand.
Lue Glover
8   Posted 25/05/2008 at 10:39:50

Lower Gwladys any day. I’m a middle aged ol’ biddy and sit near the front towards the church. Great atmosphere (most of the time), plenty of rude words including my own contributions and surrounded by other ST holders. I’ve tried everywhere in the ground except the Family Enclosure but always want to stay pretty much where I am. The downside is that if you’re short like me, the view is a bit awful. Everyone stands up and I have the tallest man in creation in front of me standing next to his brother who’s just as tall! Sods law really but I wouldnt swap my seat for the world.
Wayne Francis
9   Posted 25/05/2008 at 11:03:35

Yup, Lower Gwladys every time! Great view, cracking atomos!

You can go and check out the available seats before you make a decision if you want, just turn up at the box office mate....
Andy Spence
10   Posted 25/05/2008 at 14:51:32

Upper Gwladys Street for me mate. Good atmosphere, good banter and a good view. Row Q just to the right of the goal, wouldn't swap it for anything!
Ralph Basnett
11   Posted 26/05/2008 at 01:27:33

Adam,
Welcome to the Season Ticket Club. I am in Main Stand and cannot complain as getting on a bit and need the civility of the older generation where I sit with my overpriced ticket but if I was your age I would be in Street End learning the trade.

It is great for the younger generation getting on the site and having an input. One thing I would like to say is that it?s a shame EFC have done away with the pay monthly scheme they ran previously to encourage fans to buy season tickets.

My missus for her sins is a red and therefore I cannot buy my season ticket out of the family pot hence having to save my beer money for the season ticket (like being in Bread), so I know how our younger supporters feel.

If you are prone to using a little tasty language, the family enclosure is probably not the place to be, but what you need to think about is, when you are sixteen and are being charged full prices, you will all ready have a good seat in the Street End or Park End and not have to change from Family Enclosure and try and get a ggod seat then.

A little extra now may pay in the long run.
Garry Corgan
12   Posted 26/05/2008 at 02:43:31

Don’t go for the family enclosure - in my experience the view is pretty poor. In fact, in the few times I’ve sat there I’ve always been sat next to fidgetting little kids which can get a bit annoying - but it’s their territory I guess!
Keith Pickett
13   Posted 26/05/2008 at 10:05:03

I've sat in every part of the ground over the years, but for the last five years I've sat in the Lower Gwladys with my two lads, ages 14 and 16. They love it where we sit, just further back from middle to right of goal, good speck and good atmosphere if that's what you like. Comes in cheap enough as well...
Adam Cunliffe
14   Posted 26/05/2008 at 15:18:57

Thanks for thoses. Much appreciated. Lower Glawdys Street it is then.
Andy Callan
15   Posted 27/05/2008 at 12:31:19

Lower Gwladys is the best place to sit for a laugh. However the Park End provides better views and facilities.

The Upper Bullens (if you are in the middle) gives great views of the game as does the Main Stand.

Having said that, I wouldn’t move my seat in the St End for a big gold pig.