Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

The Warren Bradley Stadium

Today's Daily Post has encouraging news for those of us desperate to clutch at any passing straw that might save us from the catastrophe that would be Destination Kirkby.

Warren Bradley and Joe Andersen might just be trying to score political points but there might be something in it... LCC don't want Everton to leave the city and neither do I. Yes, I know I don't live in Liverpool but I want to come to the city for my day out and then go to Goodison or perhaps Stanley Park in the future.

I've always thought the Yanks would pursue ground share as a tool to maximise their investment and even though most Blues and Reds would oppose it, it's better than Kirkby for the Blue half

. Joe Andersen says that LCC own land around Goodison that could be added to the footprint, providied EFC come up with some money. The silence from Kenwright and Co is deafening.

Has the whole Kirkby scenario been designed to draw a response from LCC?
Alan Rodgers, Blackpool     Posted 27/05/2008 at 18:04:58

Comments

Alan Willo
1   Posted 28/05/2008 at 07:51:57

Typical, why are EFC fans naive? If you believe local politicians ahead of your own club then shame on you all. This is just last minute gas which has no substance at all. If they do really believe what they have said then why wait until the end of the Kirkby planning when EFC, KBC and Tesco have committed millions to the nucleus of the development. EFC and LFC don?t talk, fact is they don?t get on and only do business when forced too. EFC state in the same article that LCC have never made any of the options available its just spin to try and delay Kirkby. BK has always stated his preferred option would be to re develop GP but sadly it cant be financed. LCC know this so unless somebody comes up with a sustainable finance package that will allow income to come in when under redevelopment then sadly this project will never take shape. Why now? Why have KEIOC and its sponsors LCC not offered this solution 12 months ago instead of pushing the ridicules loop option? The answer is both parties are full of bull and spin that they have lost their grip on reality and have wasted 12 months slagging of the club and its custodians when they should have been proactive in there pursuit of another option that I and most fans would welcome the debate. EFC board are not perfect but I would rather show loyalty to my club than some second rate politicians. Ask Mr. Bradley why SP is now available (or parts) when Walton Park with the Tesco project in the middle was the answer to all Everton fans. I voted Yes, but was generally interested originally what KEIOC had to offer, I even went to the public meeting when LCC attended but thereafter I was disgusted in the approach so as it stands today I?m looking forward to Kirkby as to date it is the best offer we have on the table, sadly in my mind mainly to LCC the only offer. COYB
Alan Rodgers
2   Posted 28/05/2008 at 08:34:57

Alan Willo - I did say I was clutching at straws! As for being naive I can only say if you are looking forward to Kirkby you remind me of the turkey which was looking forward to Christmas.

I believe that Anderson and Bradley are being as genuine as politicians can be. I would trust them before Wyness any day. As I said, the silence from Goodison Towers is deafening.

Davey Militwitch
3   Posted 28/05/2008 at 08:57:20

I voted against the move, but to be honest there are elements of Alan Willo’s arguments I concur with. I have not been impressed with the early tactics of KEIOC, and how the meetings were conducted. However of late they have been vastly improved to provide much more reasoned arguments and valid points.
With regards to Bradley and Co, I do not trust them as much as I do not trust Wyness. The exclusivity deal arranged with Terrys Tesco and the Everton board has constrained negotiations between the LCC and other potential proposals obviously, but if I were council leader I think it is fair to say that it would be my priority to attract and increase investment within my council region, and frankly Warren Bradley is not doing enough to keep us in Liverpool. In my opinion it is the exisiting COUNCILORS at LCC who need to go as they just don’t seem to give a shit. They can take Wyness with them aswell and hopefully decamp to Manchester.
Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place or what.
John Nelson
4   Posted 28/05/2008 at 09:09:03

Spot on Alan Willo.

Why fans choose to side with dodgy politicians who have fuck all to do with the day-to-day running of the club is just plain pathetic. I mean come on, Bill Kenwright and Keith Wyness haven’t exactly shined themselves in the brightest light of late but I’d rather back them than that silly fucker Bradley anyday.

Like Alan Willo said, he is clearly clutching at straws - why only now is he coming up with ideas to re-develop Goodison and parts of Stanley Park?
Steve Templeton
5   Posted 28/05/2008 at 10:12:48

Alan Rodgers,

You say that Bradley and Anderson are as genuine as politicians can be but do you not recall Bradley saying that if he knew about Everton?s move to Kirkby earlier he would have done something about it - this from a man who is a season ticket holder! This is also the man who it has been alleged was involved in dirty tricks during the recent challenge to his position as Council Leader.

They now state that LCC own land around Goodison with the implication that it will be provided free of charge to Everton but Bradley has previously stated that he would not give away ?tax payers land? to Everton for nothing.

Bradley & Anderson know that Everton are likely to move to Kirkby and Bradley is trying to deflect the blame away from the Lib Dems whilst Anderson is simply scoring political points.
Alan Rodgers
6   Posted 28/05/2008 at 10:37:08

Steve, I started this thread by admitting I was clutching at straws and I reiterate that. Anything is better than Kirkby in my view. Some months ago I exchanged e-mails with Bradley and he assured me he was still trying to keep Everton in the city. Of course we all know nothing has happened to substantiate those words but now he has, together with Joe Anderson, come out and made a statement that LCC will object to Kirkby.

As for council land around Goodison, nobody has said this would be free. It would have to bought at District Valuers price if it ever materialised. All I?m saying is that Bradley has chosen this moment to come out and say his piece and he is the leader of the council and deserves to be heeded. It could all be hot air, I admit, but there just could be something in it. As a fervent No voter, I pray that the Kirkby project will collapse and force EFC to find a plan B.

Jay Harris
7   Posted 28/05/2008 at 11:20:46

Some people have short memories.

The council spent 2 years getting Eurogrants etc. together for £95 million to get us KIngs Dock for £30 million on a promise by Kenwright that we had the £30 million.

They even extended the deadline on his undertaking that the £30 mill was "ringfenced".

This is the same man who told them that it was pointless talking to EFC because they were in an exclusivity period with his pal Tesco Terry.

Is it any wonder that LCC are wary of doing business with this man.
Gavin Harris
8   Posted 28/05/2008 at 11:34:46

"Joe Andersen says that LCC own land around Goodison that could be added to the footprint, providied EFC come up with some money. The silence from Kenwright and Co is deafening."

Can people stop making comments like this until they KNOW WHERE THE FUCKING MONEY IS COMING FROM for a new Goodison???

Its all well and good saying we should rebuild but it will cost a bomb.
Lee Spargo
9   Posted 28/05/2008 at 12:10:33

Interesting that Anderson admits that the Council have sat back and done nothing about EFC leaving.
John Charles
10   Posted 28/05/2008 at 12:56:32

Problem is with anything like this we would need to finance it ourselves against furture stadium revenue. ’Like Kirky’ I hear you shout, true, but without 375,000 sq/ft of retail to also leverage it against.

I’m not sure any bank is going to give Everton a construction and development loan in this financial market without a major major upfront contribution from the club.. 25% ish? .... we cant afford it. simple as.
Alan Rodgers
11   Posted 28/05/2008 at 12:55:53

In tonight?s Echo, Wyness gets his excuses in early for the (I hope) imminent collapse of the Kirkby project. He is quoted as saying there is a chance it may not get through...... and if called in by the government the scheme could be jeopardised. There is no plan B other than to stay at Goodison with all it?s problems.
Albert Dock
12   Posted 28/05/2008 at 12:56:42

Mr Chisholm,

Following the recent outbreak of linguistic instructions you might wish to check your spelling.
Steve Templeton
13   Posted 28/05/2008 at 13:14:50

Alan, I appreciate that as a fervent ’no’ voter you are looking for any chink of light that will avoid a move to Kirkby but in my view Bradley has chosen this moment to speak out not because there is a viable alternative on the horizon simply because he is aware that he is going to cop a load of grief if Everton leave the city and he is laying the ground now for this eventuality.

As for Wyness, I see his comments not as him getting his excuses in early but simply him trying to put pressure on the powers that be not to call in the ’Destination Kirkby’ project by making veiled threats that if they did the whole scheme and the redevelopment of Kirkby that goes with it would go tits up.

It’s a matter of each individual’s perspective I suppose.
Paul Chisholm
14   Posted 28/05/2008 at 13:30:37

Fervent apologies Mr Dock. I inadvertantly omitted a couple of zee’s.
Tony Williams
15   Posted 28/05/2008 at 13:45:29

"I believe that Anderson and Bradley are being as genuine as politicians can be"

Sorry I took so long to respond to this but I was laughing so much I passed out and fell off my chair.

I have only just woken up and read...he he...read it ag...ha ha ha...rea...he he read it again and...he he he he

Fuck, Here I again againnnnnnnnnnn
Dave Rowson
16   Posted 28/05/2008 at 13:54:35

I have to go along with Steve Templeton here. All the noises of the last couple of days look increasingly like we’re in the ’end times’ and people are getting their excuses in - ’its not my fault’. Bradley is highlighting Goodison piecemeal redevelopment despite the massive costs of it - ie no money from sale of GP, no naming rights, the knocking down of stands and rebuilding thus losing revenue, landlocked in a heavy residential area, LFC just yards away with a 70,000 seater etc and secondly he highlights groundshare again which most rational people think is a no-goer and LFC have planning permission anyway. Bradleys opposite number Joe Anderson is contradicting Bradley by saying the council have done diddly squat about keeping us in the city..and no one mentions the loop any more. Wyness is only saying what he has to say too, he cant just come out and say it definately wont be called in otherwise some people might think there was a done deal.
Roy Coyne
17   Posted 28/05/2008 at 14:07:32

Just a question to the guys who query the honesty of the politicians. I agree that it's hard to trust them... almost like trusting that well known figure of truth, Mr Kenwright! How soon people forget his record as a proven liar. Last example: he's looking 24/7 for investment... how? When he had already agreed to no change in shares with Tesco. So yes, it's hard. Who do we believe? ? the alleged lying councillor? or the proven liar Kenwright? In my honest opinion, I trust neither.
Tony Williams
18   Posted 28/05/2008 at 14:35:48

Though I don’t feel Kenwright and Wyness to be bastions of honesty and truth, I would gladly believe them over a politician anyday.

A comment above or on another post states the silence out of Toffee Towers was deafening, what about that slimey sod Bradley? Only pipes up when it seems certain that EFC will be moving out of his little piece of the world, telling us how much he has personally done to help us and then the other fellow saying......."Ermmmmm, no we didn’t", one is deffinitely lying but they are both politicians looking for a vote.
Danny Naylor
19   Posted 28/05/2008 at 14:26:49

At the end of the LCC havent done a tap to try and stop anything.

The move is pretty much gonna happen.
John Lloyd
20   Posted 28/05/2008 at 14:57:34

Danny Naylor, read Jay Harris comment above, would you do anything after that?

Bill Kenwright = top blue (sigh!), inept, liar.
Keith Wyness = greedy, liar, bluffer, self publicist.

as opposed to

Warren Bradley = another proven liar, bluffer, bottler & even worse self publicist.
Joe Anderson = what has he contributed to anything in the council or the ground debate, who is he???

As per usual we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I?d advise all fans & contributors who havent already to take a bit o time to read only the facts that are out there concerning this move & make your own mind up. I am saying no, your opinion maybe yes, I know we?re not debating that exactly here but as far as Kenwright, Wyness, Anderson & Bradley go, they can all go fuck themselves the incompetant idiots....