Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Megastore: Mega disappointment!

I have written in on this subject before, but despite the credit crunch biting I thought I would kit my family out in some Everton wear. So I head to the Megastore:

• Mens home shirt, short sleeved ? OUT OF STOCK
  • Childs home shirt 6/7 ? OUT OF STOCK
  • Ladies home shirt size 12 or 14 ? OUT OF STOCK
  • Childs home shirt 4/5 ? OUT OF STOCK
  • Daughter of six needs new bags for school; Gym Bag ? OUT OF STOCK
  • Away kit ? nothing but boys age 13
  • Everton retro kit ? OUT OF STOCK
What a load of shit. I have sent Mr Wyness a letter of complaint, I could not imagine the Mancs or Kopites allowing this to happen. Why can we not organise a knees up in a brewery. I know the new kit is coming out, but for Christ's sake have some of the old ones available. May have to get them some Tractor Boys tops now, maybe not they are out of stock as well!!
Andrew McGreavy, Ipswich     Posted 05/06/2008 at 21:50:40

Comments

Gareth Humphreys
1   Posted 06/06/2008 at 07:21:01

Andrew I couldn’t agree more. I went on Tuesday and was unable to buy anything my 3 year old wanted as they didn’t have it in his size.
I got back into my car and was driving out past the ticket office and Mr Wyness was getting into his car. I was going to start a conversation with him but didn’t want my 3 year old to hear the x rated language that would have been unavoidable in a conversation with that clown.
Steve Linden
2   Posted 06/06/2008 at 08:09:15

Not defending them but the new kit is coming out soon so they’ve probably run down the stock of the old stuff. I heard there was a sale on the old stuff recently.

Not sure why bags and retro kits would run out though.
Mike Hughes
3   Posted 06/06/2008 at 08:21:34

New kit issues aside, it is another example of shoddy sales and marketing efforts from a club that was supposed to have sharpened-up in this respect with the arrival of Wyness. Remember those comments on the OS from Wyness in the year that we sold Rooney stating how much healthier our finances were? I can’t see much positive evidence of his direct influence following our absence from Liverpool One and the generally poor retail efforts via JJB. Also, the Mega Store needs a complete re-think on its stock. O.K. footy shirts are always going to sell but what about some ordinary shirts and other clothing items with a bit more of an up-market feel and a subtle EFC logo? We don’t all wear hoodies or T shirts with massive logos across the front.
Erik Dols
4   Posted 06/06/2008 at 08:08:06

As I do not live in Liverpool nor England, I rely on the Megastore at Evertonfc.com to get my goodies. I check it about once a month and it seems that half of the products is permanently out of stock. And that is a good month; I’ve had months where I stopped searching for stuff because the first five or six things I watched were all out of stock.

Mind you, I purchase Everton-related-rubbish at most only once a year. But the availability levels force me to check it every month so I can buy when the store has as much available as possible.

I can safely say that Everton could earn more money from me if the megastore had more stock. I’m convinced that the club is missing out on big bags of money each year. It’s a shame that a multi-million pound enterprise can’t get its sales right. It shows you that a club as Everton relies on tv-income mostly.
JIm Slade
5   Posted 06/06/2008 at 08:52:17

FINALLY! some people who share my grievance, I, like Erik Dols before me rely on the website to buy my Toffee gear to wear proudly. But its ALWAYS out of stock or Large Boys sizes only, Doesnt surprise me though , most of the staff in the megastore all look like they are doing the work as community service rather than a job, Matchday is a joke , you queue up get in to find nothing in a Large mens except last year's 2nd keepers jersey. Its a complete joke. Everton wake up and realise merchandise is a way of generating money. New stadium my arse, they can't even have a decent club shop.
Woo Kian Hoon
6   Posted 06/06/2008 at 08:57:10

Yes, agree with Erik; you could earn more money from me too....But.....but....
Jason Lam
7   Posted 06/06/2008 at 09:07:04

Erik and co, the reason why you ain’t getting nothing is because you’re in direct competition wih us remote Evertonians around the globe for Everton merchandise! You think it’s bad in the UK? Try visiting a local sports goodies shop here in Hong Kong. Or a video store: we got loads of shite, England National team, manure, chelski (stocks running low, replenish after next Premier League championship), 2 Arse videos, Brazil, and that’s it. Oh there’s one from West Ham: West Ham vs shite FA Cup Final, but that doesn’t count as West Ham does it. Where else can we find Everton shit except ordering it from the ’MEGAstore’ and having it take up to 8 weeks to get here? What bloody plane takes that long to fly here anyway???
David Harrison
8   Posted 06/06/2008 at 09:26:37

Believe me it is just as bad at Xmas. I have lost count of the no. of items I have tried to buy for my 3 kids that have been unavailable. Every visit to the "megastore" ends in disappointment. It is a licence to print money but Everton don’t appear to want it
Niall McGuinness
9   Posted 06/06/2008 at 09:50:57

In the megastore last season my girlfriend asked for "Moyes" to be printed on the back of her jersey.
The dizzy bint behind the counter replied: How do you spell "Moyes" ?
says it all really..this is a fact!

On the same day there were 3 chaps browsing the megastore and I picked up from the accents that they were spanish, probably Arteta fans, wanting to support this Everton club who were doing well in Europe.
After looking around for half an hour they walked out with nothing. 3 new fans completely disillusioned at the joke that Everton megastore is.

What a load of shit.
Micheal Murphy
10   Posted 06/06/2008 at 10:35:11

I was in Goodison last Christmas 12 months. Cold day. Wanted a jacket to keep warm. Went to the store with my mate. Out of stock. Bloody joke... and these are the people whom we trust to take us to pastures new. forget it.
Simar Vivitar
11   Posted 06/06/2008 at 10:47:26

Im virtually sure but not 100% that the club sold the ?merchandising rights? to the club store as part of the JJB kit deal that is currently in place.
JJB run and stock the club shop. If you go into their stores the stock situation is pretty similar to as in the Megastore, ie there is none!!!
It is poor as you can see by the complaints here and Im sure these are the tip of the iceberg. Surely the rights to supply merchandise of a club the size of Everton is a liscence to print money and should be centrally controlled by the club and professionally run?
Also, shouldnt the club have leased premises in the new ?Liverpool 1? retail zone to maintain our profile instead of having an unstocked tatty section at the back of the JJB store?!!!!!!!!!!
Graham Eaves
12   Posted 06/06/2008 at 11:51:27

They’ve been out of mugs since March too....
Patty Beesley
13   Posted 06/06/2008 at 12:07:54

Don?t think that?s true Graham.... I think we are the mugs!!
Franny Porter
14   Posted 06/06/2008 at 12:30:19

No, Graham is right.

Ive been drinking my brews out of a pan for the past three months!
Robbie Muldoon
15   Posted 06/06/2008 at 12:38:25

Why is Keith Wyness still employed by us? Everyone hates him!
Andy Callan
16   Posted 06/06/2008 at 12:50:38

Just another item to add to the list for PR / administration disasters that Everton Footiball Club are responsible for.

EVERYTHING from tickets for big games to that fuckin tent in the Park End yard is a fuckin’ mess; always has been.

Wyness was supposed to be sorting this type of thing out - IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT HE DELIVERED as far as I am concerned...
Joachim Alm
17   Posted 06/06/2008 at 14:08:58

I bought some stuff from the megastore and had it sent home here in sweden, got my things after a week but the problem is that I had to send it back. I orderd pint glases who came in a plasticbag...Need I say more?
Brian Paulson
18   Posted 06/06/2008 at 14:17:04

For some time I have been thinking that I was the only Evertonian who felt that the PR staff at Goodison Park badly needed replacing. Wyness must be the most useless individual when it comes to selling merchandise. On the day that they opened the new Liverpool ONe shopping centre it seemed to me that the red shirts in that area outnumbered blue shirts by about
fifty to one. In a sports shop in Chester that had a number of different red shirts but only one Everton shirt.I have never rated Everton when it comes to making money but this is ridiculous. By the way, LFC have a large store in the new shopping precinct but we don’t have any.
Even the store we used to have in Ranelagh street has gone. Pathetic !!!
David Edwards
19   Posted 08/06/2008 at 00:51:10

Our national profile is crap and out inability to buy our chldren the glorious Royal Blue is a disgrace! Anyone wavering about Kirkby, only has to see how ineffective KW has been with our PR/Kit etc. to see why many of us long-standing fans fear the worse with him at present! Please can we have someone in charge who will sweat blood to ensure our wonderful club is given the push it needs (I’d get my CV ready, but most of the TW posters and editors would do a great job as well!) FFS - Smell the coffee! - With KW in charge our club is not safe!
David Gerrard
20   Posted 08/06/2008 at 11:35:18

I e-mailed the club because I couldn’t get the shirt I wanted in the correct size. They replied to say that a brand new range was being brought out along with the new kit on the 10th, so you should find loads more stuff is available then.
Paul Maguire
21   Posted 09/06/2008 at 23:30:06

Living in New Zealand and trying to buy kit can be a nightmare.
When they get the order right the cost of postage for one shirt is 25GBP!! (Sorry 24.99) Kitbag.com was only 7gbp last time I looked.
The megastore website is total bollocks.
They really should get their act together because cheap quality copies are easily obtainable in NZ -however I would rather my money go to the Club - but at those postage prices I am now considering not buying new kit for the first time in 12 years.
The last two Puma home kits were by far the best weve had since the 70’s in my opinion.