Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

When will they learn?

Another pre-season and early doors. So as per usual the annual summertime ToffeeWeb fretting begins. For fans that apparently pride themselves on common sense and not overblowing fickle media rumours, people on this site sure do a good job of acting the polar opposite. I know you all love the club, and just want to see new players in blue, but do you ever learn your lessons?

Who is signing whom at the moment? I'd love to see the amount of transfers into Premiership clubs so far since the window reopened. maybe it may calm a few hyperactive minds. Lets just use a bit of common sense for once instead of looking for more rope to hang everyone we can with.
James Mako, Liverpool     Posted 12/06/2008 at 14:03:19

Comments

Tony Williams
1   Posted 12/06/2008 at 17:37:25

Fuck off with your common sense and sensible soundbites, I wanna talk about signing Kaka et all etc etc ;-)
Connor Rohrer
2   Posted 12/06/2008 at 17:37:45

I don’t think many people are moaning about not signing players......yet. I’m certainly not and I really do hope others aren’t. The Euro’s has only just started whereas managers and players are only holiday.

I do like the rumours though. They keep you occupied when there’s nothing else to look at on the internet. Especially for people like me who work on computers.

I say keep them coming aslong as there realistic.
Simple Simon
3   Posted 12/06/2008 at 18:20:07

Thanks for the advice, James. Aren’t we lucky that you’ve shown us all the error of our ways.
Martin Cutler
4   Posted 12/06/2008 at 17:52:43

I personally think it?s brilliant... even though I know we won?t be buying Kaka or David Villa (I wish!) or Ronaldo.

The whole gossip aspect of the transfer market is like a must-read, can?t put down summer blockbuster type book. We all do it, we all read the latest news, links, gossip, rumours and the newspapers thrive on it, the Internet and TV thrive on it, the only issue (this has already been pointed out) is the reaction of a few when we don?t get a player we?ve been linked with.

Gera being a prime example.......by all accounts (I?ve never seen him play) but he would have been a good squad addition, a back-up player no more, no less... probably a stand-out player at Fulham and good luck to him and them. We need and deserve better.

Yes, we are Everton and we are now on the edge of something huge (I truly believe it) in terms of progress and some of the names we?ve been linked with are mouth-watering!!No disrespect to Gera but we should be aiming higher than that.

I do trust Moyes! I don?t expect the situation to improve .... ie. no doubt it will all go down to the wire, last minute, breaking news and all that good stuff but that?s okay. Moyes has proved beyond a doubt that way more often than not he gets it right ? and usually on the cheap! Lescott, anybody? Cahill ... Pienaar ... Jagielka ... Arteta ... Yakubu....okay he wasn?t cheap but he was worth every dollar we paid for him!!

Of the names mentioned... Arshavin, please!!!!
Oh, gotta go... Ronaldo just called me... he wants my opinion of Moyes....

Alex Quigley
5   Posted 12/06/2008 at 18:50:52

Nice one Tony Williams! Made me laugh out loud that. Can’t see much business done in the next two weeks because of the Euros, so im writing every transfer rumour off in that time and thereby saving my sanity!

By the way, I cant believe I fell for the russian billionaire rumour...desperation does crazy things!

Oh, I wouln’t mind our manager signing a contract and actually getting a new ground sorted in the near future though!
Thomas Surgenor
6   Posted 12/06/2008 at 18:58:47

The window's not even open yet...
Alan Clarke
7   Posted 12/06/2008 at 21:34:53

Most clubs will sign about 4 players this summer yet most clubs must be linked with about 50. We all know we can’t possibly go into next season with 4 midfielders so something will happen at some point.

By the way my Spanish mate who knows the postman who delivers post to Deco’s house in Barcelona says Decos is definitely signing for Everton, in fact it’s a done deal!
Tony Williams
8   Posted 12/06/2008 at 22:37:57

Alan, you lying bastard, I heard it from my sisters friends cousins mates brothers dog walkers nieces mate that Deco was in fact a pre op transexual and would be signing for Cardiff.....deffo.

Kaka on the other hand, put your mortgage on it. You heard it here first but say niche to the Russians.
Jason Broome
9   Posted 13/06/2008 at 00:56:50

No more jokes now guys, seriously.

I know a guy in Millets? whose cousin?s best mate works the bingo in Newquay. She just got back from Pernambuco where she came across the next ?big thing.? Get this according to her the new Ronaldo... Reggieo is on his way.

Apparently he’s cheap, huge, has mad skills, scores incessantly and is coming as we speak.

My bookmarks speak for themselves? bring on the gossip.
Craig Tomasinski
10   Posted 13/06/2008 at 01:04:35

Jason. Scores incessantly does he??? Is that like what Rooney used to do with the old ladies???
Pete Macca
11   Posted 13/06/2008 at 09:27:00

Latest transfer rumour: Deco is signing for Tranmere, we however are getting a proven english goalscorer, he’s quick and a good finisher, only problem is he’s getting on a bit. My postman’s dog who pisses on the lamp post outside DM’s house says he saw Tony Cottee there last week, apparently he’s coiming out of retirement and can’t wait to pull on the royal blue again!
Andy Crooks
12   Posted 13/06/2008 at 19:20:57

Not signing players is one of DM?s best qualities. Look who he didn?t sign:
Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Alan Smith, Forssell, Savage, Nugent, Earnshaw. Does anybody think we missed out there?
Ron Leith
13   Posted 14/06/2008 at 12:28:48

Surely we are just waiting for that Russian Billionaire to be let out of jail. When that happens we wil see a whole host of Mega stars lining up to join us.