Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Ticket advice

I currently live in London so do not get to see as many games as I would like, and when I do go I book through the Everton Box Office hotline. However, I am going to buy a season ticket for myself and also for the old man but have a few questions:

1. As a season ticket holder is it easier to get away tickets (quite a few in London and I hate sitting with the opposition fans)?

2. Where is the best place to sit and enjoy the game, ideally no restricted views (would not be good considering 400-mile round trip!)

Fellow Everton fans please help. Thanks.
James Crolla, Southampton     Posted 16/06/2008 at 21:11:01

Comments

Ralph Basnett
1   Posted 16/06/2008 at 23:58:59

James,

I’m a season ticket holder in Main Stands and it is probably easier to get tickets here or Top Balcony as the more popular Street End or Park End are generally full.

Whilst their are a few restricted views you can visit GP and go and pick your seat but as the ground only issue 27000 times may be running out.

I have not had any probs with getting away tickets.

Good Luck.....
Tim Dancey
2   Posted 17/06/2008 at 02:27:24

A good way to get tickets to away games is by joining ESCLA, http://www.escla.org.uk/. Last time I was a member it cost £15 for a season and you get a, not so regular, mail out. You have to phone up in advance to book tickets and watch when they go on sale. You get a ticket in the away end. They do tickets for most games.
Jay Harris
3   Posted 17/06/2008 at 04:33:55

James
I’ve had seasons in every part of the ground and for me you cant beat the park end.

Open views,good facilities and a good crowd.

I’ve been in the Park end for over 10 years now and wouldnt swap it for the main stand.
Brian Donnelly
4   Posted 17/06/2008 at 06:15:26

Join ESCLA like Tim Dancey says.

Getting away tickets from EFC can be a right pain. When they first go on sale you need to have been to so many away fixtures (tickets bought from EFC) to pick one up, which is fair enough. The number of away games you need to have seen gradually decreases over time. Then you have to physically turn up (as far as I am aware) to actually purchase a ticket.

This is fine once the season is up & running because you?ll be at Goodison every few weeks. At the start of the season, it?s a real pain ? because the tickets for the first away game will probably be sold out before the Blackburn game. Also by missing any away game it can make it more difficult to get other away tickets ? it turns into a vicious circle. Still, Kirkby will resolve all that (I couldn?t resist!) ? no season ticket so no away games!

Michael Fernandez
5   Posted 17/06/2008 at 09:59:40

ESCLA is definitely a good option for getting away (and home) tickets, but you have to be quick to get tickets with them for London games. If you’re travelling up to Goodison for home games they also put on cheap train or coach travel, which is really handy.

I’ve found it is usually possible to get away tickets on general sale in the last few years (you just need to get on the phone the day they get released for general sale - no need to go in person), and once you’ve been to a couple of games and built up the credit, it gets easier (a word of warning, if you’re getting 2 or more away tickets, make sure you get the credit for attending the game put on to each person’s account - I didn’t clock on to this until half way through last season...). I don’t think a season ticket actually makes any difference for getting away tickets - it’s just people who’ve been to more away games that get priority

As far as a season ticket goes, I sit in the Top Balcony - views there a really good - seem to be less restrictions than in most places, but definitely go and check out your seat.
Lee Spargo
6   Posted 17/06/2008 at 12:06:42

1) - yes

2) - near the front - upper Gwladys
Andy Callan
7   Posted 17/06/2008 at 12:05:14

Alright mate,

I sit in the St End (lower) as this tends to be the loudest section, but the best view is from the middle of the Upper Bullens, if you don’t get behind a post that is...!!!!!!

Tickets for away games aren’t too hard to come by if you get in there quick after they go on general sale. You can save up your ticket stubs the more you go and be able to get away tickets as part of the loyalty / priority scheme they run.

Up the blues.
Ben Fitzsimmons
8   Posted 18/06/2008 at 10:23:35

Anyone else had problems with ESCLA? I must have emailed them 4 or 5 times over the last couple of seasons for a membership application form and never heard anything back....
Michael Fernandez
9   Posted 18/06/2008 at 10:50:09

Ben

I had the same problem for a while - if you’re emailing the general address i don’t think it gets checked. Once I emailed the membership secretary direct (email can be found here by clicking on his name: http://www.toffeeweb.com/fans/fanclubs/regional.asp#LONDON) they got back to me fairly quickly.
Ben Fitzsimmons