Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Vaughany

For all the talk of pending transfers. my one wish is to see James Vaughan fully fit and raring to go. I do believe this kid could be a star, natural finisher with plenty of aggression ? though he needs to channel it in the right direction. Forget the millions that's going to get wasted this season, this boy must be hungry for first-team football and once there he'll take some shifting BUT injuries is the worry. Hate to see us selling him for buttons then he reaches his potential. So come on, Vaughany ? 2008-09 is made for you.
Tony  Cornmell, Western Australia     Posted 20/06/2008 at 09:36:47

Comments

Brian Williams
1   Posted 20/06/2008 at 13:55:51

I fully agree. I’ve said in the past that betwen him and Victor I felt he was the more likely of the two to "make it"...Fingers crossed for the lad because he deserves some GOOD luck...
Robbie Kirkham
2   Posted 20/06/2008 at 14:04:56

I’d love to see him get fit as him & The Yak as a front 2 is an exciting prospect.
Terry Smith
3   Posted 20/06/2008 at 14:09:28

I will be looking forward to have a fully fit sqaud back. We have a healthy number of forwards & defenders. I just think if we sign at least 2 big name midfielders & 2 or 3 good aquad players in the middle of the park we should have a big enough squad that can push in league & cup all the way
Seamus Murphy
4   Posted 20/06/2008 at 14:53:56

Wait for the spin on the OS when he gets fit...."As good as a new signing!"
Connor Rohrer
5   Posted 20/06/2008 at 15:44:06

I’d love to see it happen. He desperatly needs to add to his excellent goals to game ratio. He’s got 7 goals in 8 starts and long may it continue.

Get him fully fit and he is without doubt a better and more effective striker than Johnson in my opinion. Just as quick, stronger, excellent in the air and a decent finisher.

The question is will he get fit. I hope so but I’m not getting my hopes up. Hopefully the lad concentrates on fitness and fitness alone in the summer.
Michael Brien
6   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:17:04

Totally agree - It would be great if he had some luck as regards injuries - let’s hope the lad has an injury free season - he has the potential to be a fine player.
Jason Lam
7   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:39:47

A tenner says he’ll be injured by November. Wait, make that pre-season.
ste kenny
8   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:45:59

Jason,

Where did u meet a talking tenner? and why should we take any notice of it?
Jason Lam
9   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:51:29

Sorry Ste, I didn’t want to raise my hopes too high. This same thread appeared last season, and maybe the season before. JV deserves his break (no pun intended), hope he scores loads for us.
ste kenny
10   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:23:20

I think he is one of those players who is always going to be injured until he gets to his early/mid 20’s and grows into his body(sounds a bit stupid but i think you know what i mean). whether he will be the same player then is a different matter. IMO big vic is nowhere near vaughan as a striker and i would let him go while his stock is fairly high and we’d get a few million for him. I appreciate he’s young but he’s not good enough to play for Everton and probably never will be.
Karl Masters
11   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:48:36

James Vaughan can be a better, more EFFECTIVE striker than Rooney if he can stay fit. I remember how gutted the other players were last July when he got injured at Preston - they know how good he is.

And lay off Victor. He’s a confidence player and anybody who can score a goal like the one in Nuremberg last season is good enough. What he needs is a run in the first team or maybe to go on loan at a Championship Club who play half decent football on the ground.
David Murphy
12   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:57:58

let’s keep these injuries in a bit of perspective. Clearly, the knee problem may be a concern but hopefully the Americam sugeon will have sorted that. Two other injuries which kept him out for lengthy periods were a dislocated shoulder - that could happen to anyone falling awkwardly [Bryan Robson springs to mind] and the freak cut to his foot at Bolton was just that, a freak accident. He has massive potential - remember what he did to John Terry at the end of the 06/07 season - and given a run in the 1st team, I am sure that he will become a regular.
ste kenny
13   Posted 20/06/2008 at 19:30:09

Karl

There are loads of players i dont consider as being good enough for Everton who have scored great goals, Gareth Farelly to name one.

I want a lot more from a striker than hustle and bustle. IMO he is very similar to james beattie in the way he plays and in front of goal he is awful. Even when he’s in on goal i never expect him to score

We are fairly well stocked in the striker dept. and if selling a player like victor for a few million is the difference between signing a good player and a great player i’d do it every time
Dave Wilson
14   Posted 20/06/2008 at 20:07:57

David Murphy

You're right, it wasnt just Terry though he ran the entire Chelsea defence ragged
Unfortunately my heart sank as you listed his injuries, it sounded a bit like a "What have the Romans done for us " sketch

I love his bravery, he?s my favourite player, but some one at the club - probably DM - needs to take him aside and tell him, if he wants to realise his potential, he has to stop challenging for balls he has no chance of winning, it may get us lot to our feet shaking our fists, but it will surely shorten his career
Jason Lam
15   Posted 23/06/2008 at 03:18:07

It’s very easy to compare Vaughan and Anichebe, both strikers, both from the same youth setup. But it’s not fair to compare them and talk about them together all the time. They’re individuals in the their own right. Vaughan is a class prospect (3 years running?). Anichebe is... [removed by self to save editor’s time].