Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Joleon signs...

Joleon Lescott has signed on the dotted line for a brand spanking new Aston Martin. He has been to the factory today to see it being built. I asked my mate to ask him who we're going to signed but he said they were not allowed to talk to him, I'm gutted. Anyway, he deserves his treat ? he's going to be Everton's future captain .
Lee Rogers, Coventry     Posted 20/06/2008 at 12:08:44

Comments

Joe McMahon
1   Posted 20/06/2008 at 15:00:08

Not too sure what you are trying to say here Lee? He buy’s a 120k car for doing his job well, my 12k renault megane cost ’s me a fortune and I do my job well! Footballers earn money we can only dream of Lee.
EJ Ruane
2   Posted 20/06/2008 at 15:23:54

An Aston Martin!!!??

I haven’t even got a car!!

Mind you to be fair, I don’t drive and I’m unlike Joleon, I’m shite at my job.
Tony Marks
3   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:27:17

Gives you a nice warm glow to know that your hard earned has just bought a nice little DB9 or Vanquish for someone else, doesn’t it?

Bless
Jason Lam
4   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:32:26

Did you get to the see the colour of the paintjob? Royal blue? Or was it a lighter variant, similar to say, er Chelsea’s new kit? Or even a tint of reddish hue like, what was it, yes, Arsenal’s?
Mike Sanders
5   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:41:02

Footballers?Bloody pathetic all of them!
T McCready
6   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:37:50

I’m sorry Lee, but it’s comments like "Anyway he deserves his treat" that have led to footballers thinking they have the right to live on another planet. Nobody, and I mean nobody on earth, deserves an Aston Martin as a treat for doing their job. I wish we could get some perspective about all this...
Ste Bowness
7   Posted 20/06/2008 at 16:44:47

Thanks for that piece of useless information!!!
Dave U
8   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:24:21

I blame bk and kw and kirkby and its all their fault....

Neil Humphrey
9   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:43:37

My heart leapt into my mouth then! I just picked out the words ’Joleon’, ’signed on the dotted line’ and ’Aston’ and assumed he had gone to Villa. Thank fuck.
lee rogers
10   Posted 20/06/2008 at 17:47:59

ste bowness i’m not bothered what car hes got even if its a dbs with all the trim at a cheap 200,000 all i’m bothered about is new signings and the fact we’ve got a top class player
Anj Stam
11   Posted 20/06/2008 at 23:26:43

re Dunc McKenzie:
He bought that particular car so he could drive to the Kirby protest in class, that's all. Joleon's Destination..... Kirkby ;-)
Michael Coffey
12   Posted 20/06/2008 at 23:41:47

Don’t worry, guys. The way the oil price is heading he won’t be able to afford to drive the damn thing come the start of the season.
John Charles
13   Posted 21/06/2008 at 00:50:49

Why doesn't he deserve it?

When you were 15 years old sitting at bus stops drinking cider and shagging average birds he was going to bed early to prepare for the game for Wolves U-15?s.

Since he was 8 years old he?s dedicated his life ? far beyond your comprehension ? to being a professional footballer.

Why doesn't he deserve it? He?s good at his job which is a high profile top paid job.

I've just bought myself a Porsche, I'm good at my job too, and as luck would have it my job pays okay for being good at it.
David Barks
14   Posted 21/06/2008 at 04:31:37

John Charles,
It’s unbelievable isn’t it. The bitterness and jealousy of some of these people is just pathetic. The guy has earned the money to be able to afford such a car by putting himself under the public scrutiny of 40,000 screaming fans every week and millions more watching on the television. These players have to put up with disgusting abuse, death threats when they make mistakes, so I think him buying an Aston Martin for himself is well deserved. I only hope that someday I will be able to afford one myself, although if I could really afford it I’d much rather have an Audi R8 or if we’re really dreaming a Lamborghini Murcielago.

And T McCready, " Nobody, and I mean nobody on earth, deserves an Aston Martin as a treat for doing their job. I wish we could get some perspective about all this...". He isn’t getting it as a treat, he’s buying it with his hard earned money. And if nobody deserves one then why the hell do they make them? Money that he has earned putting every ounce of sweat and energy into being the best player on your club’s team. A footballers career is over by his mid 30’s, so all that money that they earn when they finally make it has to last them the rest of their lives. Add to that the fact that one major knee injury and your career could be over, gives them a little more incentive to earn as much money as they can while they have the opportunity, and damn right they enjoy it. James Vaughan is only a couple of years into his career and people are already saying he’s done for after two seasons of injuries. But of course they make a shit load of money, they’re the world’s premier entertainers, they make their bosses untold millions and billions. I think he’s earned the ability to buy himself an Aston Martin.
John Charles
15   Posted 21/06/2008 at 06:08:56

Couldn't agree more David, it's not his fault football is a high paid career..

I bet 90% of the general population could take over 90% of our jobs (myself included) with 3 months training. Could you say the same about football?

But anyway, some people don't like to see others get on do they.