Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Gamst Pederson

Ok I'm bored and succumbing to Football ?Manager fever, but in the face of people wildly speculating about players on show at Euro 2008 I got thinking about players who maybe aren't in the spotlight at the moment. With Hughes's defection from Blackburn there is predictable speculation about Bentley and Santa Cruz, but Gamst Pederson appears to be off most people's radars. He had a poor season last year but I do wonder if he would be a worthwhile addition to oour squad? Perhaps a fresh challenge may get the best out of him again. Whilst some may say he is simialr to pienaar we do need cover and competition. I do wonder if he would cost too much as well as he isn't 'flavour of the month' at the moment. What does everyon else think (not that we'll make it any likely we'll sign him, but we love a bit of speculation on here!)?
Andy Morden, Newcastle under Lyme     Posted 20/06/2008 at 21:41:55

Comments

Dave Wilson
1   Posted 21/06/2008 at 07:23:52

We may as well sign Danny Murphy while we’re at it
He’s shite but scores the very occasional eyecatcher too
Paul Olsen
2   Posted 21/06/2008 at 07:54:07

Sorry, Morten is to busy modelling eyeliner and hairspray back in Norway to sign for anyone right now, try again some other time.

Ooor...
Rob Heaton
3   Posted 21/06/2008 at 09:55:02

I agree Andy. Always thought Pederson was a decent player.
Plus I would say he is different from Pienaar, he can cross the ball from the bye-line. Don’t get me wrong I like Pienaar just think some one like Pederson would offer us a bit of width as he doesn’t cut into the centre as much as Pienaar. This could stop Johnson spending most of his time running to the courner flag and actually spending time in the box.
Plus the good headers like Cahill, Anichebe and Vaughan would have more to work with.
David Jones
4   Posted 21/06/2008 at 10:47:55

As has been pointed pout he?s utter garbage. Aside from his odd wonder goal he has never been any good. He?s a winger with no real pace and no skill to beat a man and rarely gets in crossing positions, what good is that?? Would be a criminal waste of money.
Simon Lloyd
5   Posted 21/06/2008 at 11:48:47

I work with a load of Blackburn Rovers fans. They would love to sell Pederson. Tells you all you need to know.
Connor Rohrer
6   Posted 21/06/2008 at 12:40:10

He’s shite and very very overrated. He’s a match of the day player. Has one or two minutes off decent stuff and then just dissapears. His all round game is sadly lacking and even Blackburn fans admit it.

I’d rather take the likes of Downing, Arshavin, Lennon and SWP before him to be honest. There are alot of other wide players I’d have ahead of him aswell.
Ron Leith
7   Posted 21/06/2008 at 13:02:52

We won?t sign SWP or Lennon cos they are short arses and Moyes likes to have tall players in the side. Hence Baines not playing at right back when Pienaar is playing. Therefore, I think Huddleston and Bradley are more his type. The guy from Holland would be perfect with Huntellar and Van De Vaart but they are in Eoro 2008 so don?t count for this thread. I think Nolan would fit the bill and a long shot Barton on a free from Newcastle.
Ron Leith
8   Posted 21/06/2008 at 13:08:12

Before anybody says anything about not knowing my left from my right I would add that we need another goalkeeper and what about Niemi?
Andy Morden
9   Posted 21/06/2008 at 14:41:48

Haha, that’s me told, the verdict is he’s shit!
Chris Halliday
10   Posted 21/06/2008 at 17:26:18

Typical Norweigen I am afraid, starts well, promises a lot, then fades away. Not for us, we need players who get 8/10 every game, and not when it suits them to play. TBH there doesn?t seem to be that many players on the market that would fit the bill. I am a little worried Moyes will have a frustrating summer in his search, normally at this stage we have at least 1 player that he wants as his first choice.