Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Good to be back!

Now safely ensconced in a new job in the private sector (some will say the waste disposal industry was waiting for me!) I can ,at last, renew my aquaintance with ToffeeWeb and the wonderful world of Everton fanatics.

As an `outsider` for the best part of 12 months,I have been struck by how divided we are over virtually every issue related to the Club except, perhaps, the almost universal recognition of David Moyes as a manager of true genius! What has particularly motivated my return to these columns is the apparent air of doom that hangs over the fiuture of the Club at a time when we should all be at our most optimistic.

Let`s face it, there is nothing unusual in a manager taking his time to say `yes`to a new contract ? however fabulous the terms on offer ? and it is certainly not the end of the world that, in common with virually every other top-notch club, we are still awaiting news of new signings. Whilst even average Premier League players can command £20k per week it is natural to allow their present clubs to pay for their summer beach time!

Of course, Destination Kirkby has become a most devisive factor but whether for or against the move, it remains obvious that the status quo is not an option and that with Tesco`s help, the club has at least a chance of getting a new home without breaking the bank.

It would,of course, be too much to hope that we shall ever all sing from the same hymn-sheet but I have no doubt that the Club is more stable and healthy than for decades and that we can afford to be just a little smug at the present time.

It`s good to be back!
Richard Dodd, Freshfield     Posted 23/06/2008 at 11:03:22

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Welcome back, Richard! I trust you have checked the new company's policy on personal internet usage... It might affect your bonus!
Machiel Barnard
1   Posted 23/06/2008 at 14:29:15

I am glad you are back Richard, although I almost never agreed with your views!!
Brian Noble
2   Posted 23/06/2008 at 14:33:23

Welcome back, Richard ? ToffeeWeb has been the worst for your absence. I guess now we can look forward to more of your garbage. Boom. Boom!
Ben Howard
3   Posted 23/06/2008 at 15:19:21

Welcome back Richard!
I look forward to your positivity permanently pouring from the page...
Stanley Ashbourne
4   Posted 23/06/2008 at 16:20:55

Richard Dodd! Never heard of him... [only jocking]. Welcome back, Richard.
Alan Clarke
5   Posted 23/06/2008 at 16:45:39

Waste disposal? I assumed you were Kenwright himself.
EJ Ruane
6   Posted 23/06/2008 at 16:45:28

WELCO....

"Of course, Destination Kirkby has become a most devisive factor but whether for or against the move, it remains obvious that the status quo is not an option and that with Tesco’s help, the club has at least a chance of getting a new home without breaking the bank"

Get stuffed Richard!

Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 23/06/2008 at 17:01:17

Welcome back agent Doddy my nemesis
Ajay Gopal
8   Posted 23/06/2008 at 17:12:42

One more divisive factor just entered the Toffeeweb pages. Welcome back!
Jay Harris
9   Posted 23/06/2008 at 17:27:22

Welcome back Doddy (You are the one responsible for the Diddy men? sorry midget gems).

Your timing is good: BK is desperate for a good PR agent to explain why the transfer kitty didnt arrive on time and why he?s still waiting for a train to Kirkby.
Roy Coyne
10   Posted 23/06/2008 at 19:06:08

Welcome back, mate. I look forward to swearing at the monitor after reading your posts, but you have been missed.
Karl Masters
11   Posted 23/06/2008 at 19:07:23

Or have you been masquerading as one Gerard Madden for the last year?

I’m very positive about events on the pitch, but off it I afraid there is much to be desired....
Alan Khan
12   Posted 23/06/2008 at 20:40:23

"Once a blue always a blue..." Welcome back Richard. Looking forward to your posts this season. Smug, I’m not too sure... but yeah, there’s stability around the place and like most Evertonians, I’m hoping for some top class additions to the playing staff and of course, for Moyes to sign on the dotted line.
Varun Rajwade
13   Posted 24/06/2008 at 01:07:00

Welcome back Richard!!!! Just makes me wonder where the old twins, Tony (Mad) Marsh and Dutch (Saccharine) Schaeffer are? Maybe they too are looking for a job and will be back as soon as they get one;)
Eric Myles
14   Posted 24/06/2008 at 02:17:54

Welcome back Richard, we need an antidote (or is it antithesis?) to Tony Marsh to brighten up the days.