Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Nightmare!

I cannot bloody believe the latest rumours coming out of goodison park via the the local papers, suggesting that if the poxy stadium project gets called in then this will have an adverse effect on Mr Moyes spending plans. This is the last thing we need to hear now, it sounds like a ready made excuse for BK and KW.

For a multitude of reasons, this projet is totally wrong, but the one reason that concerned me the most is the one that is emminating out now. Moving should be the last thing we should be doing at this point in time as we finally might have a chance of breaking the sky four monoply, and I feel we are only 2/3 quality players from doing this. We need to focus all our energies and resources on obtaining this instead of splitting our fanbase and risking our current transfer kitty for the huge gamble on an out-of-town stadium.

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out that financially now is definately the wrong time to move ie credit crunch ,steel prices etc... I have a few friends around the country who support Spurs, Villa , Birmingham City, Utd and the ilk ,and all of them can't believe we are moving out of town to the stadium I showed them at this moment in time, but the biggest question they asked was why would your fans suupport that??? Now that's another story.
Steve  Wolfe, Liverpool     Posted 24/06/2008 at 10:50:59

Comments

Patty Beesley
1   Posted 24/06/2008 at 14:49:29

It is another story ... and it doesn?t have a fairy tale ending unfortunately.
Tom Campbell
2   Posted 24/06/2008 at 01:19:35

If You want to skive off work tomorrow I have the solution... This video will guarentee ypu to get sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K70R9OaBrqQ

Or am I the only one? KEIOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelly Blythe
3   Posted 24/06/2008 at 14:55:36

" Dont blame us ...blame the govt.. it?s their fault we?ve got no money. They called in the stadium project, it?s not our fault honest !! "

I can see it coming a mile off !!
James Marshall
4   Posted 24/06/2008 at 15:13:54

I got bored about 2 minutes in - mind you, in that time I did get to meet the lady in the pink who seemed right up for it. I moved further into it then and saw the lady in black who was ’all for it’. The Tescos looks great; I’ve been in one of those massive ones and those trolley escalator things are lots of fun.

On that basis I would say its a great idea ;)
Chris Roberts
5   Posted 24/06/2008 at 15:09:55

Actually you clearly can believe them and are quite content to get in a cluck about, what are after all, bored journalists trying to get a rise out of people.

I?d suggest buying yourself an ice cream.
Brian Finnigan
6   Posted 24/06/2008 at 15:32:32

That’s it then! Sorted! After years watching Everton with a lot of attendant heartache, the alternative of playing for hours on the trolley escalators is very appealing. I wonder if Tesco would be willing to provide some swings, a roundabout and a slide on the landscaped areas as well. Perhaps that is asking too much.
NICK PARKER
7   Posted 24/06/2008 at 15:49:27

So excited about the joint Moyes & Arseshavin statement due when Russia are out of the Euro’s I have just gone to the Supermarket to buy some more straws to clutch at. SAY NO TO THE TESCO STADIUM...........
Bren Connor
8   Posted 24/06/2008 at 15:37:43

Thanks Tom Campbell. It worked.
James Marshall
9   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:08:24

I’d imagine there will lots of play areas Brian, hopefully those ones with the soft flooring so we dont hurt ourselves. Its great to see the way they’re planning on putting the stadium in the corner like that too - I just love the way it sits so snugly and you can barely see it.
Darren Franko
10   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:20:05

That has made me sick to my stomach. Fookin? Kirkby la ....... i hate those images of ?sophisticated? shoppers walking around, and tatty Grannies tellin? the world it?ll be good for jobs and the image of the town makes me wanna cry.
KINGS DOCK ......... Oh i?m inconsolable.
Nick Parker
11   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:38:41

Kings Dock..............thanks for reminding me what a good stadium that could have been. Why can?t we build in Stanley Park instead of the shite? We were here first after all.
Peter Roberts
12   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:43:38

Can someone explain to me the logic of "If the Kirkby stadium gets called in then this will have an adverse affect on the summer spending by David Moyes"

Why? Surely if we have the money to afford Kirkby, if Kirkby disappears, surely that money can be put to good use to building a squad that will be attractive enough for people to want to come to Kirkby in the first place - assuming the project even goes ahead?
Paul Jones
13   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:44:23

I have supported Everton for 36 years, I have watched the video....what a load of Bollocks, I will never ever buy a season ticket again if we end up in Kirby.

We have more right in Liverpool, than the shower across the park, we just don?t seem to be strong enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Marshall
14   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:57:47

Its not about who has the right, in fact thats not true, they have the right simply because they’ve been given permission and we haven’t. We have no rights because we missed the boat - Kings Dock is dead & buried, we have no money so we’re at the mercy of Tescos - simple as that. Unless someone with bags of cash appears pretty bloody quickly then I’m afraid we have no choice.

The ’fans’ voted in favour remember, whether we like it or not.

I dont like it either by the way, its a shitty idea but the only one with financial backing.
Frank Duffy
15   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:02:47

I am with Paul Jones. I have watched Everton since my dad took me in 1958 - reserve game with Albert Dunlop in goal. Had many highes though too many lows but this ground move and the methods employed by Kenwright and Wyness are the last staw.

If the move to Kirkby goes ahead then I will not be there ( season ticket UP FOR SALE).

There use to be a saying ’ no one is bigger than the club’ but Kenwright disproves that theory.

Sad sad days in store.
William Morris
16   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:05:47

My understanding of this story is that investment for the club has been found, subject to the club having secured their new stadium for £78m. Therefore it isn’t a case of Kirkby taking transfer money away from DM, rather if we stay at Goodison the money won’t be available. Rumours that DM will sign his contract when Arshavin is unveiled are nonsense. DM will sign the contract he has provisionally agreed to, if the plans aren’t called in, and he gets money to spend.
EJ Ruane
17   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:12:51

KW: "Madden.....MADDEN!! Bloody late again!"
Albert Dock
18   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:02:55

If the subject of this video had not been Everton I would have laughed from start to finish.

It has everything you would expect in a soft sell propaganda exercise. Brain dead women whose only wish in life seems to be even more shops, jobs that will offer little more than the minimum wage, a glossing over of the massive logistic problems and a general "Trust us we know what we are doing attitude".

I expect the producers of this garbage have probably had work experience with the Church of Scientology.
David Mathieson
19   Posted 24/06/2008 at 16:40:41

How will the failing of Destination Kirby decrease David Moyes? transfer budget? Surely the transfer budget would increase if this scenario were to happen, unless there was lending on projected income form DK.
I believe if their lending, on that eventuality, it is a bad idea beacuse they would be sayin the basic Stadium, fact! it is, will make money which I tend to disagree with.
If the Tesco Dome does make money it will definitley not be as much as what Kieth Wynees is predicting. Lets face it this man has quoted many figures, the reality of them has made you think, dude you was way off.

I personally hope DK goes tits up! Keith Wyness, I really can not stand that man. Did anyone see his interview on Sky Sports News? It was after knowsley council give the fums up to DK, If my memory serves me correctly. He bascially said "This is the future, like it or lump it" I wish so much the future invloved my right hand and his face! He has no place at our football club in my eyes he is not wanted,, not good enough and a liar!

I would gladly let him take to me to court over that last comment, since he likes to play that game.
Colin Tunstall
20   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:28:13

Correction, William Morris. Moyes will sign the contract as soon as they up his salary to £3.5M. He?s a greedy bastard like all the others, believe me!
Tony Williams
21   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:42:31

Yeah, he is so greedy and has such a thirst for money that he put the money from the Rooney Court Case straight into his pocket!!!
EJ Ruane
22   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:41:31

You know the bit that says..

"....but if the plans are called in by the government for public scrutiny the entire ground-move scheme would be threatened and Everton?s immediate spending plans affected"

Couple of questions.

Is this bollocks?

If it’s true - did everyone else (but me) know transfer money was linked to the move?

I just need to know so I know how outraged to be (I was away first week in June so could have missed it)
Seb Gordon
23   Posted 24/06/2008 at 17:58:48

I’m a non-scouse Everton fan and watching that video just made me sick. ’Kirkby hosting a top premiership side.’ Everton being hosted by Kirkby. That says it all surely. We do not belong there.
Adam Doyle
24   Posted 24/06/2008 at 18:06:55

Hold on a second, Steve!
Are you telling me that this "free" stadium of ours is going to cut into Moyes’ "substantial transfer funds"?

Now, I’m no mathematician, but something we could get for FREE shouldn’t need money taken from our apparent SUBSTANTIAL budget.

Unless...I wonder...nah, forget it, I’m thinking like a madman. The board wouldn’t tell lies, would they? They ’love’ this club.
Chad Schofield
25   Posted 24/06/2008 at 18:26:26

This was alongside the other video.
I’ll go slit my wrists now...

Lee Mandaracas
26   Posted 24/06/2008 at 18:44:03

Could they have picked more chavvy people to struggle to string a sentence together in support of this move? "I think Tesco will be great in Kirkby ’cos ya get sick of the same old shops day after day don’t ya?"

Is that really the best support they could get from people walking around, three women who seemed to know very little about it? Desperation Kirkby is incredibly well titled.
Ron Leith
27   Posted 24/06/2008 at 19:03:31

Old clapped out stadium needs replacing. New stadium is good enough for Arsenal (now reaping the benefits) Man City (now reaping the benefits) Sunderland (now reaping the benefits) etc. Then we get the chance in a milion to attract a foreign investor and compete and our own fans are so ignorant that they can?t see it. I despair
Paul Gladwell
28   Posted 24/06/2008 at 19:00:32

Think I will join you Chad, but dont worry about what they say, just bite your lip day after day struggling to defend yourself against the horrible scum in work, it is just getting harder and harder to do that these days, especially when your club is doing something you are totally against.
The one thing that we had to beat them with was our heritage in the city, now what do we have?
Richard Harris
29   Posted 24/06/2008 at 19:26:11

Whether you are for or against Kirkby, that video is just so amateurish and embarassing. The Stadium still has no character and the Tesco looks like a larger version of many of their other stores. As long as the prices are cheap, the range of products vast and there are plenty of parking spaces, then most people don’t care what a superstore looks like and the ambience is not even an issue. But a stadium should be inspiring and instill pride even on days when the ’entertainment’ on offer is below par.

Mick Mac
30   Posted 24/06/2008 at 19:55:11

A stadium in my book is somewhere to you sit or stand and cheer on your team. What will give it atmosphere is the crowd. I have been to many Everton games where the crowd have made the difference on the pitch both home and away. Our away fans are very vocal. Undoubtably Kirkby wont be Goodison or in liverpool for that matter. But I do beleive the stadium will be far more comfortable and we will be able to see the whole game without dancing round stantions. I know a lot of people are upset at the Kirkby move and have noticed a lot of fans stating they will not be going to Kirkby I wonder just how many would carry that threat out. I know there are people on this site who dont go to games yet and I wonder how many will go after the build. I think it will be swings and roundabouts and as many will eventually go and hopefully the defectors will return and not pin the colours to the redshite over the park.
James Newcombe
31   Posted 24/06/2008 at 20:26:48

"Same shops, day in, day out..." Gerra job then :)
Dave Wilson
32   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:05:08

Swings and roundabouts ? I dont think so mate, I cant go for a paper without meeting someone who’ll throw their hand in if this Circus is alowed to go ahead
Mike Byrne
33   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:00:53

MIck Mac

In my view there will thousands if not tens of thousands who will not go to Kirkby (me included) but I can guarantee you one thing - not one of them will, as you put it, pin their colours to the red-shite.

To suggest that shows how out of touch you are with your fellow supporters - it is because of our love for Everton and the need/desire for us to remain in the city of Liverpool and not be belittled by a modest stadium away from our birth place and heritage with 20-25,000 crowds (eventually) in a half-empty 55,000 seater stadium with nothing but a milk-shake in Burger King before or after the match whilst waiting three hours to get out of Kirkby because there are vurtually no buses and a train every 20 mins.

It will kill this club we all love - stone cold dead and it will break my heart
Tony Glover
34   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:17:03

Why Kirkby?...i work down Princes Dock & have slowly watched it being regenerated....there is loads of brownfield site further along the dock road which would be a great location..imagine the stadium on the city skyline....
That video is the pits, it certainly does no favours for us at all, the thought of red-nosed scum watching that & having a right old laugh makes me Icringe....and couldnt defend it.
It looks like a cross between a bad corporate training video & 1980s granada reports...utter crap.
Gavin Alexander
35   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:11:27

Ive just been watching the video of the Kings Dock project again and I am even more sick now that it all fell through. So even though this Kirby stadium is not quite as good as that one surely we cannot let this great opportunity of a new stadium slip through our fingers again.We need a new stadium end of story!!!! We need finance into our club!!!! I really dont see how 4 miles away gets to everybody so much. Once we have a new stadium we will be able to attract better players and have the money to actually sign them as apposed to just being linked with them.

I love Everton as I suppose most if not all people that visit this site do, but with our current stadium and lack of finances I cannot see us progressing any further up the league than we are at the minute.David Moyes is a quality manager and has really put us back on the map as a team to be reckoned with, but he is not God, he cannot keep providing miracles. Lets all stand as one and move this GREAT club forward. Bring on Kirby!!!!!

Jim Hourigan
36   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:52:07

Take it or leave it, but from a genuine personal source inside the club the word is that its the possible failure of DK that is stopping the spending not vice versa. By all accounts the money promised to DM is contingent on DK going ahead and there are a few worried people.

This is not an anti or pro posting its an explanation for the financial problems that are being deliberately allowed to leak out - and it is being sanctioned !!!!
Roy Coyne
37   Posted 24/06/2008 at 21:58:45

Paul Jones and Frank Duffey I like your good selves have been going since the mid fifties and if we move to Kirkby although I will go to the matches I will not get a season ticket,why stump up all that cash and pay interest on my credit card when I will be able to pay as you go so to speak lets be honest can either of you see the capacity sold out most weeks no I cant either and I will not spend any cash at the ground like I do now.
Kevin Mitchell
38   Posted 24/06/2008 at 22:09:48

Gavin Alexander, please tell me what makes you think that moving to kirkby will allow us to attract and buy better players.
Oh I see, you think that 50 thousand people will turn up every other week and the corperate money will flood in to give DM his EXTRA £10 mill to spend every year.
By the way if you don?t get what the problem is by moving 4 miles away out of the city then in my opinion you know nothing of my Everton.
jimmy fearns
39   Posted 24/06/2008 at 22:29:06

Lets get this right, no destination kirkby equals no money for transfers ,WHY! kENWRIGHT YOUR A FUCKING CLOWN.
Dick Fearon
40   Posted 24/06/2008 at 23:30:35

RS starting work on their new stadium will hopefully bring sharp focus on what is achievable for Everton.
I was the first to suggest a shared stadium and was howled down from all sides. It is probably too late for that to happen but in light of the Kirkby option I wonder how many would now jump at the shared idea.
Kirkby is currently touted as our only deliverable hope but what if it falls over?
A Goodison rebuild would take 3 to 4 years and during that period cut our crowd income by at least a quarter. Is that affordable while at the same time bringing in new players?
The sale of Goodison plus naming rights are currently targeted for Kirkby and would not be available for a re build.
While debate rumbles on it brings ever closer to when there are spectator injuries caused by the state of the place.
If that unfortunate event was to occur I suppose we could always blame BK.
What myself and no doubt thousands of others have been desperately wanting to know is, are there any deliverable/affordable alternatives to Kirkby?
What hard cash offers of assistance have been made? I don?t mean those pie in the sky wink wink nudge nudge offers from Bestway, Sainsbury?s and Liverpool CC?
Any chance that responses do not come with the usual foul language and schoolyard name calling?
Gavin Ramejkis
41   Posted 25/06/2008 at 00:50:25

Dick in response without name calling or foul language I’d really appreciate your attempt to quantify the following outrageous statements:

"The sale of Goodison plus naming rights are currently targeted for Kirkby and would not be available for a re build" - Goodison is mortgaged to the hilt so would provide no substantial figure and the naming rights claimed by KW would have to be greater than those that Arsenal got, yes that’s Arsenal a regular CL team that live in London not an also ran that are looking to live in a town with a smaller population than it’s new stadium.

"While debate rumbles on it brings ever closer to when there are spectator injuries caused by the state of the place" since when has there been a substantiated issue of health and safety at Goodison Park? I even posted the reply from the Heatlh and Safety Executive to quash the KW rumour that Goodison Park was soon to be no longer capable of getting certification, it was a lie.

All without name calling.
Dick Fearon
42   Posted 25/06/2008 at 03:52:01

Gavin R. your reply has clarified some of my misconceptions and thanks for that.
However I am still in the dark about what affordable/deliverable alternatives are available.
Have you anything that is more believable than Kirkby.
The Health and Safety executive gives the OK for now but is there any guarantee it will do so beyond the near future. I have found that when it suits authority the goal posts are suddenly shifted.
John Clarke
43   Posted 25/06/2008 at 06:15:39

After watching that video, God help us if we end up in Kirby.

Last time I was in England, I saw the away game at Bolton, what a God forsaken place.

We have to have another plan, or we’re finished if we go there. I grew up in Liverpool, Kirby might as well have been on the moon then, it’s no better now. I don’t give a fuck if they’ve got scouse accents, Kirby is not in Liverpool and never will be.
And Everton is in Liverpool and always has been and always should be.
Tony Ainscough
44   Posted 25/06/2008 at 06:30:12

Personally I can't wait for the move onwards and upwards
Then all of you proper "Alright wack, I was born in the shadow of the Liver Building" scousers can throw yourselves off the Pier Head and let the rest of us get on with supporting the blues "Everton, Everton... We're the pride of MERSEYSIDE"
Vishal Poorundersingh
45   Posted 25/06/2008 at 05:57:17

Kirkby is better for Everton Fc.
Gavin Ramejkis
46   Posted 25/06/2008 at 07:59:55

Dick I took great umbridge at the Heakth and Safety issue hence my contacting them direct. The safety of old buildings in essence is exactly the same as it is for any historic site be it a country house of ancient landmark and revolve around building regulation codes and a lot of those are not relevent as the structure is so old. The obvious disabled access and services provision in line with European Law together with fire exits etc, but exactly as with places even older than Goodison Park it was laughable that it would suddenly be deemed a death trap as it like everywhere else has regular maintenance work which even new builds also have to undertake or I’d expect to see the National Trust’s entire portfolio to cease to operate very quickly. A fascinating documentary Life without Humans shows just how long all man made structures will last without maintenance and very few last long.
EJ Ruane
47   Posted 25/06/2008 at 09:56:12

Vishal Poorundersingh says...

"Kirkby is better for Everton Fc"

I don’t believe this for a second, but I have to admit, Vishal puts a VERY strong case.

By the way, those of you familiar with speed-dating, might be interested to know that Vishal is a leading light in the world of speed-debating.

(shakes head, rolls eyes back further than a pair of eyes have ever been rolled back)
Mark Perry
48   Posted 25/06/2008 at 11:10:21

The situation is, at least in my humble opinion, that DM has agreed in principle to signing a new deal as he has been promised substantial transfer funds (£30M+) but only if the new stadium goes ahead.

A lot of our future revenue plans depends on this, and if it fails people will walk away from the club. If the new stadium gets called in then DM will have a much smaller budget (£15M+). Hence the contradiction in figures being banded about.

People at the club are alowing the doom and gloom to spead as it strengthens their case that if the new stadium fails then it will be disaster for EFC. Not to mention someone else to blame.

It is a close run thing as to whether or not it wil be called in, but at the moment it is looking like it won't, as nobody wants to be held up as the ones who put the kiabosh on the move and EFC.

The other thing is that with LFC building Yank Towers any decision to call in EFC?s plan would look very biased.

We should know one way or another by Monday or at the latest Monday week as that's when we should get the nod one way or another.
Lori Fekete
49   Posted 25/06/2008 at 12:23:16

Ron Lieth (scroll up abit),
*Arsenal - moved a distance less than Stanley Park.
*Man City - just check the name of the Stadium
*Sunderland - who gives a fuck, where did they finish again?

I Despair
Josh Bentley
50   Posted 25/06/2008 at 13:16:51

Park and Ride to a football ground is one of the grimest and worst ideas I?ve ever heard.

Re: the original question, I have no idea, but usual smoke and mirrors and rubbish spin from the worst PR?d team in the league. Aside from vitriol at Wyness, Ian Ross is a proper clown too. He?s in charge of communications at a time when much underlying malcontent is simply rumbling on. But ?hey, we finished fifth and guaranteed european football for next year.? = £300k
James Marshall
51   Posted 25/06/2008 at 13:39:17

Madejski Stadium anyone?!?

I’ll never forget leaving there last season after a 1 nil defeat - you couldn’t move on the outskirts, it was an absolute nightmare, pissing with rain and we were pissed right off - managed to bung someone a tenner in the traffic jam for a lift into town as the only way out of Readings weekly hell they call homes games.
Dave Wilson
52   Posted 25/06/2008 at 13:35:54

Tony

when was the last time you heard a scouser call anyone "Wack" ?

Although all are welcome, we dont enjoy vast nationwide support, EFC’s support is predominantly scouse, if thats a problem your supporting the wrong club mate
Jimmy Fearns
53   Posted 25/06/2008 at 18:01:14

Tony, calm down calm down de do doh dont de doh.,
Paul Prestatyn
54   Posted 25/06/2008 at 19:48:14

Nope, I couldn?t get to the end of it either, more flannel than an MP?s expenses list, oh god I can hear it in the background as I type losing the will to live........