Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Paint the town Blue

I was walking through Birkenhead precinct the other day and saw a nice refreshing change ? stall holders selling Everton stuff everywhere, whilst red shite occupied the space we usually have.

I have never been a fan of shirt wearing, a little pin badge does me; however, now is the time for us all to get our own back a little. I have to admit, it has grated me over the years seeing red everywhere come this stage of the season, so let's grate them, get your colours on, get your car flags out and show people this area is ours.

Come May 30th I intend to follow tradition and do what my mum did in 84 and have a flag flying out of our bedroom window. The Blues are back so lets shout it from the rooftops.
Paul Gladwell, Wirral     Posted 03/05/2009 at 07:52:09

Comments

Martin Cutler
1   Posted 03/05/2009 at 15:10:23

Well, I will admit I took the plunge and ordered two shirts from the online megastore site (just before they slammed the door shut I might add) and it actually worked out a lot cheaper to ship it to my friend in Brum and have him airmail it to me here in the States!
So I will be wearing a blue shirt on the day of the final......even though nobody else will see that (and at my age that’s probably not a bad thing, lol) but rest assured both in spirit and in colour I’ll be with you lot!

COY...BLUES!!!
Brian Denton
2   Posted 03/05/2009 at 19:48:53

I said on ToffeeWeb a few months ago that Birkenhead is probably the ?Blue?-est area of Merseyside. The precinct is a bloody awful place, but it?s always good to see so many kids with Everton stuff on ? the RS don?t even come close. If we had to move out of Liverpool, Birkenhead would have been a better place than Kirkby to move to!
Mike Bates
3   Posted 03/05/2009 at 20:39:55

Birkenhead???? NURSE!!!!!
Brian Denton
4   Posted 03/05/2009 at 21:05:27

Cheeky sod !
Dick Fearon
5   Posted 04/05/2009 at 00:21:20

Thanks to rellies back home I have a choice of Everton team shirts.
The question is, on the day of the final, do I wear one that holds sweet memories (did I say my collection goes back many years?) or the current model? Isn?t it great to have this kind of choice!