Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Clean Sheets?

Just wondering if anyone knows if Tim Howard beat Southall's record yesterday? I'm not 100% but I think that's 15 clean sheets for this season?? Just wondering if anyone could tell me?
Daniel  Williamson,     Posted 04/05/2009 at 11:14:41

Comments

Caron Jones
1   Posted 04/05/2009 at 14:23:20

Think it was 14 mate.
Ivor Bona
2   Posted 04/05/2009 at 14:52:25

I’m pretty sure he equalled the record yesterday with 15 clean sheets. COYB FTRS
Ian Tunny
3   Posted 04/05/2009 at 14:49:21

Just been listening to Martin O?Niell... I used to like him but what an idiot he is. He actually believes Villa have been very unlucky this season and he can think of at least 3 games that they should perhaps have won but got draws ? haha, is he kidding or is he just a tosser?

I can think of at least 6 games, probably more like 8, where Villa should have lost or drawn but they luckily won. He doesn't realise how lucky he has been this season.

O?Niell wants to take a look at Everton over the past few years before he starts talking about being unlucky and look at our injury situation this year, the penalties we should've had the year before and the disgraceful refereeing decisions the year before that.
Si Kirwan
4   Posted 04/05/2009 at 15:40:29

Spot on Ian
Joeynkoo Ludden
5   Posted 04/05/2009 at 15:49:58

Ian - he is clearly crazy, ignore the man. The worst thing he has started spouting now is that he thinks the two Glasgow clubs should be able to join the EPL. If that doesn?t prove insanity, nothing does.

Let?s just hope for 4 more clean sheets this season! COYB!
Mike McLean
6   Posted 04/05/2009 at 16:12:29

It’s 15. You can check it out at the stats section on the OS.
Neil Pearse
7   Posted 04/05/2009 at 19:38:47

O’Neill has started to believe his own hype - or that of his media mates. Apart from the strange comment on the Galsgow clubs (who cares what you think Martin?), another recent comment is that ’there is a real positive buzz around at the moment about Villa". Excuse me? Would that be because only Hull, Newcastle and Sunderland have picked up less points over the last six games, and your best player is leaving this summer?

Since Zola took over, and certainly this year, West Ham for one have been a much better team than Villa. Without all Villa’s luck.

Come on Hull!!
Keith Glazzard
8   Posted 04/05/2009 at 19:47:03

While we?re talking about tossers...

Did you notice Beneathcontempt bemoaning his luck the other day, including something like ?going out of the FA cup with only ten men to a goal in the 118th minute?.

If he?s referring to the match against us, I could have sworn they started playing for penalties around the 60 minute mark.
Ivor Bona
9   Posted 04/05/2009 at 20:15:38

Keith, Don?t let the spanish arse-wipe wind you up. I think because he?s having a girly tiff with old purple nose he thinks that he has to do it to everyone.

Just remember "class and dignety" something the tit will never have and Everton have in bucket loads.

Remember 1 = 20; Brian Labone, RIP.

Phil Roberts
10   Posted 04/05/2009 at 20:21:46

Nev kept 15 clean sheets in 1995-96 which was matched by Tim yesterday.

However for those reading the site who believe football only started in 1992 ? of which there are only 3 because these people are all on the MU site ? Nev kept 18 clean sheets in 84-85, 17 in 85-86 and 86-87 and 16 in 87-88. And in the latter two, Bobby Mimms kept a a few in a few matches.
James Boden
11   Posted 04/05/2009 at 21:24:45

The clean sheets Premier League Record has been equalled. I believe our all-time record may have been in the 30s achieved by Ted Sagar but I could be wrong.

O?Neill is a gobshite end of! For him to have the affront to say Villa have been unlucky is actually quite insulting. They abused the word luck so many times in the Winter months that it got you wondering if they were Liverpool in Claret and Blue. That is how lucky they were.

As for the Shite, Keith Glazzard are you questioning the tactics of RAFA? HOW DARE YOU! I mean my goodness is he the world?s greatest tactitian who never does wrong EVER! For us to have the audacity to go to Anfield and go for a draw, HOW DARE WE!

The Shite have every write to moan about luck. Just speak to Tommy Smith, I mean what a disgrace that ref was in 1965 blah blah blah. It sums up every about them that they have the gaul to moan about bad luck despite torturing the word luck for over 3 decades now.

And wasn?t Bartons sending off the 10th an opposition player has received against them this season? I think it was the 5th alone against Alonso.

But what I really want is us to win the League in the 94th minute in front of the Kop with the World?s jammiest moment ever, which in turn sends them crashing down. Now that would be the ultimate dream.

Sean McNally
12   Posted 04/05/2009 at 22:26:04

Bit off the point here but has anyone heard back off the club yet regarding their final ticket?

I?m startin to get nervous seeing as I haven?t.
Keith Glazzard
13   Posted 04/05/2009 at 22:01:48

Ivor B - you can pass me the bottle of whisky and the loaded revolver the day that El Gordo gets under my skin.

The man is a slug. A slug with a budget. Is that a 62 player squad he pays? And he demands to have more power over the transfer money. I suppose various passers-by have been chipping into his squad.
Paul O'Hanlon
14   Posted 04/05/2009 at 22:55:32

I was surprised when I heard Howard had the chance of equalling Nev?s clean sheet record, now that I know it?s just a Prem League record... who gives a fuck?! 1878 matters, not 1992.

Well done Howard anyway, another good season.
Adam Fenlon
15   Posted 05/05/2009 at 01:56:37

The proper record is 21 by Gordon West in 1969-70. 15 isnt even Nev’s best effort as he got 17 clean sheets in the pre-92 period.

Makes sense that its not an all-time record given Tim’s looked a bit shaky at times this season....