Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Stadium Update?

I don't want to open up a can of worms, but with all the talk of our season and the FA Cup Final and now the new merchandise deal; I've noticed the stadium situation has gone quiet. Does anyone know what is going on with regards to Kirkby? And just factual information please - I don't want to create a "we should go" or "we should stay" debate that divides us so close to the FA Cup. Cheers!
Chris Wilson, Denver, CO, USA     Posted 04/05/2009 at 16:02:50

Comments

Michael Kenrick
If that is indeed your intention then methinks t'would be best to say nowt. But since you have now released said feline from its portmanteau, I feel duty bound to refer you to a website that claims to keep track of such things... where it can be read by all so inclined that (and I quote):

"... the applicants are aware that the planning inspector is likely to suggest that, whereas the stadium element is inappropriate and the scale of the retail needs addressing, the Tesco Extra store may well receive the green light." ? http://www.keioc.net/

Alan Clarke
1   Posted 05/05/2009 at 09:10:45

It was obvious all along that Tesco were using Everton as a vehicle to help them get their store on that site. Why do they give a toss whether we get a stadium or not? And why would they want to pay for it?

Unless Kenwright wins the £100 million euromillions this Friday, Everton can?t afford Kirkby.
Chris Briddon
2   Posted 05/05/2009 at 12:44:37

Does anybody actually have any FACTS on the latest information, rather than KEIOC propaganda or just general ?make your own story up? information like we?ve had so far?
Erik Dols
3   Posted 05/05/2009 at 14:07:26

If I win the euromillions next Friday, I?ll pay £80 million or so to start the redevelopment of Goodison, how?s that for a fact... I do expect a nice executive box and free Chang for the rest of my life in return though.
Alan Clarke
4   Posted 05/05/2009 at 15:35:01

Every time there’s one of those jackpots I hope an Evertonian wins it.
Tony I'Anson
5   Posted 05/05/2009 at 15:43:59

Alan, my thoughts exactly. But, even better if a ToffeeWebber Evertonian wins it

Hmm....Michael, what about a Toffeeweb Euromillions syndicate everytime the jackpot hits £100m. Then we can all debate how to spend it all for the next 10 years.
EJ Ruane
6   Posted 05/05/2009 at 15:42:58

Chris Briddon - when you say "..just general ?make your own story up? information like we?ve had so far?"

I know JUST what you mean and it?s SO annoying.

(Free ground and Best Transport indeed!)
Dave Roberts
7   Posted 05/05/2009 at 16:32:42

Free Chang for the rest of your life?

Not planning on living too long then Erik!
Sasan Jahangeeri
8   Posted 05/05/2009 at 16:39:19

Hi, my name is Sasan, I am from Kurdistan, I came here 7 months ago. I am a football player but I don't have any body to help me. I can't speak English good but I can be a big football player in the world and I am 24 years old.
Paul Gladwell
9   Posted 05/05/2009 at 18:51:29

Give Rafa a call, mate... just don't be seen wrestling naked in hotel rooms.
Dave Charles
10   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:13:03

Sasan Jahangeeri ? Kurdish Lions: 07742005365.