Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Wembley ticket confirmation?

Just a quick post to ask whether anyone has recieved an email from the club saying they had been allocated tickets?

I haven't yet and starting to feel nervous seeing as the deadline is tomorrow.....
Sean  McNally, Waterloo, Liverpool     Posted 05/05/2009 at 09:35:28

Comments

Frank Duffy
1   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:00:51

Sean, the club has given everyone until tomorrow to apply. Think we will start to get e.mail confirmation (I hope) by the end of this week. Think if you have 3+ extra games on top of your ST then you will be ok. The only thing is what price ticket you will be allocated once they get to STHs with 3+ extra games. Still, any ticket will do.

Will be a great day out (or 2/3 days) depending on your spare cash.
Tony Haines
2   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:19:57

I filled out my application on line on Sunday and received an e.mail confirmation telling me they had received my e.mail from the club almost straight away confirming this. I would imagine people will start receiving ticket confirmations once Wednesday?s deadline passes.
Lynne HIll
3   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:23:52

I am starting to worry too... I've got 10 away games, all Auto cup games and the Semi-Final against my season ticket... the EFC official website states the following........

Following the closure of the application window, the fan centre will continue to work through the successful applicants and process their payments.

The Club have already started notifying successful applicants and aim to inform all those who will receive a ticket by the end of the week commencing Monday 11 May.

The fan centre estimates it will also process all payments by the end of that week.

NO-ONE HAS CONTACTED ME EITHER. I SHALL BE CHAINING MYSELF TO GOODISON GATES IF I DONT GET MY TICKET AT THE PRICE I ASKED FOR... PANIC IS STARTING TO SET IN!!!!!!!!!!
Gerry Allen
4   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:28:06

Lynne ? You?ve made me feel better if nothing else. I too read the website announcement and I went one further and checked my bank account (online) to see if EFC had taken out the requisite money. It was all quiet on the Mastercard front as you can tell. We?re only 3+ and STHs so we?ll be well behind you in the queue.

I?m sure you will be fine ? the only problem is my fear that I missed a digit on my customer number or something silly. At least a rejection at a box office window can be dealt with; not knowing is really scary, however ? and I?ve also applied on behalf of four other people so the pressure is mounting!!!
Lynne Hill
5   Posted 05/05/2009 at 19:37:44

Glad you?re feeling better Gerry!

Now am starting to think I put my wrong e.mail address on... or the wrong customer number... or worse... the wrong phone number on my contact. What if my bank won't pay up the money???

OMG... Where is the valium... I can't cope with the stress. COYB!
Tony Williams
6   Posted 05/05/2009 at 21:20:16

Lynne, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, as long as you had an e.mail confirming receipt of your application, you will piss the criteria needed for a ticket. I,on the other hand, am sweating on the +4 category...
Alex Kociuba
7   Posted 05/05/2009 at 22:58:59

Maybe Toffeeweb could offer some kind of ticket swap facility on the website so people can switch seats with others once we know?
Howard Don
8   Posted 05/05/2009 at 23:12:05

I?m concerned too. I registered on the first day and the web site clearly states all applications would be acknowledged. I phoned the club Friday last saying this hadn?t happened and was told e-mails would probably start going out that day.

By today no acknowledgement received and I?m worrying my application hasn?t registered, so I phoned the club again and was given short shrift by a lady who said emails would go out on 11th May re allocations.

I protested that the web site clearly said all applications would be acknowledged. Might as well have been talking to this desk in front of me she just kept saying notifications would go out on the 11th. Crossing our fingers is all we can do it seems.

Rob Fox
9   Posted 05/05/2009 at 23:32:56

Howard, if you applied online you should have received an e.mail ? mine was within 5 minutes ? to confirm they have received your application. If you never got this I would reapply before tomorrow?s deadline.

We will all get a second e.mail to say yes or no... probably second week in June!
Anthony Dyer
10   Posted 05/05/2009 at 23:55:09

Because I never recieved an e.mail confirming my application... I just tried to re-apply but was informed that my customer number had already applied... ergo application is confirmed... I think...
COYB Wembley Wembley...
Alan Willo
11   Posted 06/05/2009 at 08:10:35

Everybody will know by the END of next week (Friday 15th). If you go on official website, e-ticketing, history, then client ref and postcode your allocation will pop up. As soon as its processed it will be on this site so that?s the place to check from next week.

Tony Willo, why are you worried with 4 credits? You qualify, end of story; and a ticket is yours, it's just a case of how much. No need to worry, the game is not until 30th May! If you dont get any tickets or notification by Friday 15th then that?s the time to chase EFC!! Just sit back and hope Chelsea get to the Euro final then get beat in extra time or pens with some injuries added too!! COYB

Anthony Whitley
12   Posted 06/05/2009 at 08:48:13

I posted mine in last Monday as I wanted them to send the tickets to a different address to where my card is registered as nobody is in during the day. On the website it clearly states that they want you email/mobile number so that they will let you know when they have receievd the application, then again when it was successful.

Hadn’t heard anything by yesterday so phoned them, but the box office said that they would not be contacting you to let you know that they had recieved it - which is completely opposite to what the website said!

Anyway, I filled in another application online just incase they never recieved the orginal one and if they send it to my home I guess I just have to go to the post office to collect, they sent me an acknowledgement straight away so at least I know they have my application!
Howard Don
13   Posted 06/05/2009 at 08:48:05

Update. I phoned the Club this morning (Wed.) There has been an glitch somewhere in that some applicants haven’t received an acknowledgement of their application.

The Club don’t know why this has happened, but are advising people who wish to set their minds at rest to re-apply. Most likely it will reject your application saying that you have already applied, in which case, like me, you are OK. If it lets your application through then something was wrong with your original on-line application but at least you know you have now registered.
Howard Don
14   Posted 06/05/2009 at 09:08:31

Just thought it worth saying, my post above only applies to on-line applications.
Adam Bennett
15   Posted 06/05/2009 at 09:50:45

Why is everyone panicking now?? The club have said, quite clearly, that notification of successful applications will start going out week commencing 11th May. Correct me if I?m wrong, but today is only the 6th May.

Now, if you don?t hear anything by close of business 15th May, then you can panic!
Howard Don
16   Posted 06/05/2009 at 09:57:53

Adam. No-one is panicking about ticket allocation, it’s just that the Club web site quite clearly stated that on-line applications would be acknowledged by e-mail and that hasn’t happened in some cases. This obviously leads to unease about wether your aplication has registered.
Dave Roberts
17   Posted 06/05/2009 at 10:16:06

Like Anthony Witley I applied by post. I sent it off last Tuesday by registered tracker mail and I have proof of delivery last Wednesday. Still worried though! I was expecting a confirmatory e mail too and never received it. I worried even more! On contacting the club I was told no e-mails would be sent. I mentioned what the OS says and that seems only to apply to on-line applications, in other words it will be an automated response. I worried unncontrollably!

So... I?ve just made another application on line and got an e-mail back confirming receipt. It hasn?t stopped me worrying though... because now I am worried because I have applied twice and that they will not give me a ticket for being a naughty boy!

I will not stop worrying until the ticket drops through my letterbox. Don?t care what price it is as long as I am there and I have the ticket in my hot little hand. I am just in worry mode at present and there is shit all I can do about it and I will be that way until at least the end of next week when I hope I will be notified of a successful application.

Roll on!
Gareth Prytherch
18   Posted 06/05/2009 at 10:26:39

I’m panicking! My sister (who flies over from Belfast for games) thought she had three extra games but we just found out that the Semi doesn’t count. As we’ve applied together neither of us are guaranteed tickets now. Aaaaagh I hope there’s lot’s of people on holiday on the 30th May!
Dave Roberts
19   Posted 06/05/2009 at 10:38:42

Gareth,

I appreciate that you may not want to go without your sister but if that doesn’t bother you or her I would apply again yourself on-line if you meet the criteria.
Joe Anderson
20   Posted 06/05/2009 at 11:14:51

Robert Elstone was on Radio Merseyside the day after all this was announced. He clearly stated, "all season ticket holders with 3 or more extra games are guaranteed a ticket".
Ken Buckley
21   Posted 06/05/2009 at 11:27:44

If you have applied and are worried that you have a problem, apply again with same info on form and you should get an error message saying that this customer number has already applied.
Tim Wardrop
22   Posted 06/05/2009 at 11:24:22

Can I just say that all of this shows how stupid the club’s allocation of the tickets is. By that I don’t mean the actual loyalty scheme they are using, I mean the method of application.

Why oh why they didn’t just distribute them via the normal away match scheme? I.e. people with STH + 10 creds can go to the Park End box office / phone the ticket office from weds; STH + 8 creds can do the same from Friday, STH + 6 creds from Monday etc etc. This way everyone who rings the box office / goes to the ground actually gets the ticket guaranteed there and then, makes the payment, gets the confirmation number etc, plus those who apply first (the most loyal) get their choice of seats guaranteed.

The way the club is doing it at the mo just means everyone is scared that the club will lose their application, get their customer number mixed up with the wrong batch etc. I’m an STH + about 10 creds, so I’m guaranteed a ticket, but until the club actually sorts them all out I am putting an awful lot of faith in administrators and distributors that they won’t balls it up. If I could just ring up for a ticket, or go to the ground during my "window" of eligibility then it is entirely down to me to sort it out and get my ticket.

Before anyone says that there would be too much pressure on the box office from people queuing / ringing all the time, that is rubbish: like I say, you open up a window of two days for each level down the criteria until they’ve all gone. If you don’t meet the criteria then you can’t apply. Simple.

This is how they did it for the semi final when they had to distribute 7,000 more tickets, so why they couldn’t for the final is beyond me.
Shaun Brennan
23   Posted 06/05/2009 at 12:38:30

Tim, the club didn?t distrubute them that way is because people who are eligible for the tickets won?t get the chance to sit next to friends etc....
Alan Willo
24   Posted 06/05/2009 at 13:04:17

Tim, i spoke with people in the club and the abuse they got from the fans queuing was mind blowing, so much so some staff didnt want us to go through! Stupid people queued all day then when they got the window they didnt qualify so took it upon themselves to abuse staff and the club. This way is very clear to all normal intelligent people who read the terms of the application, you can see your credits via the website so we all know exactly if we do or dont all we have to do is wait until next week. I want my ticket in my hand like everbody else but rest assured the day that recorded delivery comes to the door will be when the nerves really start, i’m glad it breaks up the long wait. Hotels booked, pass out from the wife confirmed role on the FA Cup weekend! London here we come Friday, Saturday and Sunday !!! COYB
Tim Wardrop
25   Posted 06/05/2009 at 14:07:12

Alan, Shaun

I suppose what you say is correct, and if the reports of people queuing when they weren’t eligible and abusing the guys at the ticket office is true then, fair enough, I can understand the problem.

But it still doesn’t explain why I couldn’t have the ticket guaranteed for me as soon as my "application" is completed. It’s one thing that bugs me about the club - we seem to be so far behind others in administrative issues. Fair enough, it’s not a pressing concern compared to events on the pitch, but why is it that if I can log on and do an application there cannot be a process behind the scenes over the net that looks at my customer ref number, checks that against my creds for the season and then allocates me a ticket based on my eligibility? That could easily be done for those who want to sit near others they know (which isn’t a massive concern for me as I’ll be sitting on me tod) as well. This would surely save the club the labour and effort that has to go into manually process all the applications.

I guess it’s just the whole waiting thing that is making me paranoid, probably for very little reason.........
Gareth Prytherch
26   Posted 06/05/2009 at 14:14:03

Dave,

Cheers, but I cannot apply again as I have already applied and the only way around that would have been to go to Goodison today in person and that was not an option unfortunately.

I am not criticising the Club, they have to draw the line and we understand that, more just disappointment at misunderstanding the Semi-Final issue.

For future reference I have just written to the FA and suggested that if the money spinners are going to continue to have Semi-Finals at Wembley then maybe ?the football family? should get their allocation then and leave the real supporters of the final teams to go to the Final. Anyway I?ll let you know their response if I get one.
Dave Roberts
27   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:11:43

Gareth,

Perhaps you know more than I but I am not sure why you think you cannot apply again. Your sister applied for you and her and she’s not eligible so that’s knocked you out too as the lowest +games is what counts. I can see that.

But if you have 3+ games I don’t see why you can’t apply for yourself. At time of posting this you have 45 minutes left. It closes at 5pm. Get an application in. It only takes 5 minutes!
june
28   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:28:31

Like everyone else I am paranoid about tickets. I applied on line and must say within 5 minutes I got a response saying they have my application for the three tickets. Bit scary reading some comments about not being contacted straight away. Notice on club site that some tickets have been allocated and applicants have been notified.
Lynne Hill
29   Posted 06/05/2009 at 20:14:19

HI All

Bit of an update for you. I received this email TONIGHT at 18:20pm..

Your application for an FA Cup Final ticket has been received. If successful we’ll notify you and take payment from May 6. If unsuccessful we’ll notify you by w/c May 11.

May the 6th....thats TODAY.

I am still looking for the valium!!!!

COYB!
Lynne Hill
30   Posted 06/05/2009 at 20:26:22

YES. GET IN.

JUST CHECKED MY E-TICKETING LOG IN. I HAVE A WEMBLEY FINAL TICKET.

OMG. ROLL ON THE 30 MAY.

KEEP CHECKING YOUR E-TICKETING SITE.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

COYB!
Amanda Huddleston
31   Posted 06/05/2009 at 22:22:56

LYNNE

How mant credits did you have for your application?
Lynne Hill
32   Posted 06/05/2009 at 23:14:36

HI Amanda

I’ve got 10 away games, all Auto cup games (home and away) including Carling Cup,and Standard Leige home game, purchased additional home match tickets for family members and attended the Semi-Final all against my season ticket Although I know the semi final ticket does not count towards the allocation.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Paul Singer
33   Posted 07/05/2009 at 00:15:37

Had the comfirmation e-mail shortly after i applied , got 14 games exc. the semi. However been checking my e-ticketing purchasing history last 2 days and it doesnt even say Final ticket pending just wondering if anyones elses says otherwise.
Mike
34   Posted 07/05/2009 at 04:53:31

I got a call last Friday for my credit card details, but nothing taken
Gareth Humphreys
35   Posted 07/05/2009 at 09:34:10

I posted my application and received confirmation last night.
Anthony Whitley
36   Posted 07/05/2009 at 09:38:49

I think the trick now is to check your eticketing like Lynne. Just looked at mine and it shows which seats I have been allocated, but have not had an email/text from Everton other than saying they have recieved my application.

I am an autocup scheme member with 16 stubs so if you have less I wouldn’t worry for now.
Neil Mattocks
37   Posted 09/05/2009 at 10:00:37

Has anyone else been allocated a ticket yet. I’m a STH with 4 additional games and haven’t received anything yet. I’m just wondering if anyone else has.
Amanda Huddleston
38   Posted 10/05/2009 at 12:30:16

Still nothing

STH auto cup with 4 credits

Anyone else is similar boat?
Amanda Huddleston
39   Posted 10/05/2009 at 09:32:27

Sorry to be a bore and bring this one up again. I am a STH with auto cup (home) and have 4 credits. As of ten mins ago I have have had no news / confirmation and have no pending seats on my e ticketing.

I am fearing an admin cock up and am very tense as all the STH's at the match yesterday had recieved good news.

Is anyone else in a similar postion? Maybe we could start a support group!!?

Tom Fortune
40   Posted 18/05/2009 at 23:51:56

I applied for mine a day before the deadline, all I got was an e.mail a couple of days later saying they received it and that they would notify me. I haven?t been told still so I went to the Park End box office against West Ham an the woman was happy to tell me I had my ticket in the preferred area and it would be dispatched in 48 hours, still no sign...