Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Big Screen anyone?

I'm one of those that gets to 6 or 7 games a season (my excuse for being a part timer - 8 hours in a car/coach every fortnight can become a chore). Obviously I've no chance of a Cup Final ticket, but I wondered if there were many in my situation who are considering travelling to London just to soak up the atmosphere outside Wembley, drink and sing in the pubs, and then watch the game on a big screen nearby (if there is one).

Does anyone have any idea if there's a large outdoor screening of the match near Wembley? I imagine they'll do one at Goodison.
Duncan McDine, Wiltshire     Posted 06/05/2009 at 09:51:18

Comments

Michael Kenrick
We've been putting things like this over in our Bulletin Board Cup Final threads but I guess it's getting a little out of hand over there... I think we're going to need plenty of other threads anyway as we build up to the Big Day!!!
Ste Bowness
1   Posted 06/05/2009 at 14:50:01

It was the green man pub last time, but apparently the rent boys are getting that. We have been given the "Blarney Stone" this time around, although apparently it is 10-15 min walk from the ground. There is the Silver Spoons again aswell, which we had last time, this was more like a big social club, with two rooms. I know this emptied out before kick-off (but still had a good amount of people in there to have a good atmosphere) an this is literally right outside our end of the ground, about £6-£10 to get in though, Think it?s cheap for a bevy, well cheap for London!!
Ben Jones
2   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:28:11

I hope so... and I hope there is one at Goodison as well... that would be ideal!
Dave Roberts
3   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:23:07

Duncan,

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the semi and I am eligible for a Final ticket. However, I have friends who went to the semi without a ticket and who will be going to the Final without a ticket too. The Silver Spoon, just outside Wembley is dedicated to Evertonians for the day but I think you have to book in advance. Google ’Silver Spoon’.

All the pubs in the area make themselves available to one set of supporters or another (not both!) and I am told they all have big screens. Just turn up, it shouldn’t be difficult to find a place occupied by Evertonians!
Dave Roberts
4   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:55:45

Duncan

On second thoughts google ’Silver Spoon Wembley’ or you just get a list of cutlery manufacturers! That will take you there.
Dave Roberts
5   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:55:45

Duncan

Dave Roberts
6   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:55:45

Duncan

That will take you there.
Ray Robinson
7   Posted 06/05/2009 at 17:54:28

You’ve almost got a full cutlery set there ,Dave!
Duncan McDine
8   Posted 06/05/2009 at 20:01:33

Thanks Dave, I think I’ll try to get a few of us together and cram into a pub nearby then! Better than watching it on the telly I reckon.
Matthew Salem
9   Posted 06/05/2009 at 23:51:39

Hey Duncan, count me in mate. I am flying into the UK just to soak up the Wembley atmosphere just like you. I have tickets for the Fulham vs Everton match, but have no chance to get one for the final. E-mail me at xxkomnenosxx@hotmail.com if you like mate, the more the merrier.