Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Happy Birthday to Me!

60 Today, been a proud blue for all those years and have been priveleged to see many, many brilliant players. My favourites, "The Golden Vision", Bally, Trevor Steven, Mikel, and Big Bob Latchford. Thank you for the roller coaster rides but most of all Thank You for those fantastic games... Bayern, Most of the 80s, Wembley this year and lots more. To all those who shared these times, Ta, let's hope there is more to come.
John  Hunter, PRESTON     Posted 06/05/2009 at 11:32:16

Comments

june
1   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:36:48

HAPPY BIRTHDAY John, hope you have a good day!
Patty Beesley
2   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:42:00

Happy birthday or, as they say in Wales, Penblwdd hapus.

I am a born and bred 69-year-old Scouser who has been an Evertonian since 6 years when I went to my first game. I used to idolise Dave Hickson and saw Jimmy Greaves make his debut for Chelsea!! Only seems like yesterday!!
Howard Don
3   Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:47:33

Hi John, If you’re the John Hunter I new from West Derby happy birthday you old bugger!!

I still think back wistfully on those days when we had our "spec" in the Glwadys St end with Dave Burgess, Jimmy Sharpe the Dermott brothers etc. Always knew where to find everbody in those days even when I’d been working overseas and came back on leave, meeting in the Chepstow etc. I sit in the main stand now with Richard (Gronnie), big 60 for both of us next year too!
Ray Robinson
4   Posted 06/05/2009 at 17:56:49

Happy Birthday John! I can count 48 years going to Goodison, so not as many as you yet. Earliest memories, Albert Dunlop, Roy Vernon, Alex Young, Alex Parker, Jimmy Gabriel, Labby etc.
JOHN HUNTER
5   Posted 06/05/2009 at 18:03:04

Howard it is indeed me , if you get a chance meet me outside the brick, 2pm saturday
Howard Don
6   Posted 06/05/2009 at 18:24:33

OK John I might be a bit pushed for 2pm this Sat but should get there soon after.

Does this mean you’re finally going to buy a round? Shock horror!! (Only joking)
Frank Duffy
7   Posted 06/05/2009 at 18:27:31

Happy 60th John. Mine at end of this year. Agree with all the great names but also think Fred Pickering and Mike Trebilcock (what ? 2 goals in 1966 final?) ? we looked dead but the lad from the South-West did us all proud.

But I believe Alan Ball was the best. When he played in a Blue shirt against the reds, I knew we would win. (Shankly wanted him as well as Howard Kendall.) But in those days we were King of the Castle. Maybe those days are just around the corner?

Enjoy your 60th - great age.

John Hunter
8   Posted 06/05/2009 at 18:33:26

Anybody else fancy a pint on Saturday? I?ll have my birthday HUNTER 60 away shirt on. By the way... do they still take white fivers?
James Boden
9   Posted 06/05/2009 at 19:08:55

You have seen all these names? All I can say to you is what a spoilt brat you are haha. Happy Birthday and good on ya for seeing all these great players and games.
Keith Glazzard
10   Posted 06/05/2009 at 19:19:43

Happy birthday John, and very many happy ones to come. If you?re not careful you?ll be assembling the Royal Blue Bus Pass Crew here, all flashing our passes to go to do terrible things to the opposition. Come to think of it, lets leave that to the team anyway.

If I could time-travel I think I?d like to go back to see the Holy Trinity play, but mainly to watch Colin Harvey at his best. We knew he was very, very good, but I think he was probably better than that, and I?d just love to see it all again.

Patty ? I know a bit about Dave Hickson, as he worked in the same office as my dad, but when I worked with a Huddersfield supporter a few years ago I didn?t expect what he brought in one day. A programme from 1956 with my relative Jimmy Glazzard ? who also went on to play for Everton ? with Hickson the next name on the teamsheet.

Let?s all go nuts in May.
Alan Clarke
11   Posted 06/05/2009 at 21:15:07

Bloody hell, 60? I’m suprised your old withered joints made it to Wembley! Happy Birthday.
Sean McNally
12   Posted 06/05/2009 at 22:03:34

Happy birthday mate... Dixie scored a goal for every year!!!
Matthew Salem
13   Posted 06/05/2009 at 23:49:56

Happy Birthday from me as well, John me old lad.
Joe Aylward
14   Posted 07/05/2009 at 09:00:37

John, Happy Birthday mate. My daughter turns three today as well and though we might be 12000 mles away in Adelaide she knows the first two lines of Its a Grant Old Team!

Have agood one fella, Joe.

Ben Howard
15   Posted 07/05/2009 at 10:43:42

Happy birthday John!

It’s mine on Saturday and to celebrate my girlfriend bought us tickets for the Tottenham game. I haven’t been to Goodison for years due to my Southerly location so I’m over the moon.

Chang don’t do girlfriends, but if they did....

p.s. I’m going to be in Hurghada, Egypt for the final this year - gutted. Does anybody know anywhere that might show the game?