Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Brand New Everton Cup Song!

Here's a link to the Unofficial 2009 FA Cup Song for Everton on Youtube. It is by a band called 'Begbie' and titled 'Blue & White'. Let us know what you think of it as we'd like to have it noticed by Everton themselves (it's been sent two or three times).

It certainly gets your emotions pumping in excitement for the final.

Come on you Blue Boys!!!!
Duncan McDine, Wiltshire     Posted 13/05/2009 at 08:44:32

Comments

Jenny Ely
1   Posted 13/05/2009 at 14:22:17

Sorry guys, it put me to sleep. Doesn't mention Everton once or any of the players. The fans need something to sing along to, to get the blood pumping. Great vid... that's about it.
Duncan McDine
2   Posted 13/05/2009 at 14:27:15

The link isn’t right... hopefully this will work:

Cheers.
Paul Hardcastle
3   Posted 13/05/2009 at 14:30:59

Sorry ... It really is a bit of dirge. Should be renamed "Blue and Dwight" ? which raises the question: Who the fuck is Dwight?

I’m not surprised you’ve received no replies. Stop pestering them!

Philip Bunting
4   Posted 13/05/2009 at 14:35:46

Not great, not a tune the fans can get behind and sing loud as at Wembly, very droll but well put together. Goslings goal looks even better every time I see it!
James Boden
5   Posted 13/05/2009 at 14:45:03

Call me old fashioned (even though I am only 18) but what the fuck was that? It wasn?t uplifting, it wasn?t emotional ? it was just plain fucking bland. I appreciate the effort but without the video I would have been asleep in 10 seconds. The video was good of course but we really needed something passionate or heartfelt and this was neither. No wonder I prefer listening to pre-90s music with shite like this around. So to make up for that I listened to our 95 anthem, All Together Now ? a real football song.
Robbie Murphy
6   Posted 13/05/2009 at 15:04:25

Good video, dodgy song tho. The St Domingo Song by The Prisoners of Rupert?s Tower is class but its been removed from youtube for some reason. Check out the1878originals.com for more info...
Paul Olsen
7   Posted 13/05/2009 at 16:09:52

Indeed, the St.Domingo song was a class act!

Shame it can’t be found anywhere now though. Except the lyrics.
Kevin Hudson
8   Posted 13/05/2009 at 15:58:12

Duncan, I must be the only one who loves it! It?s a feel-good homage, and beautifully put together. Clearly, you?re not going to get the Glwadys Street on their feet, swaying and holding their lighters, I don?t think it?s meant for that.

But well done to the band, and whoever put it together... Thumbs Up!!!<
EJ Ruane
9   Posted 13/05/2009 at 16:29:46

Miserable. A dirge. Awful.

I listened to it and immediately thought I hate us and hope we get whupped 6-0 in the Final.

EJ-Tony Hatch-Ruane
Paul McGough
10   Posted 13/05/2009 at 16:44:23

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz awfull !!!!!!!!!
Paul Smith
11   Posted 13/05/2009 at 16:42:25

I found myself watching the video and not really listening to the song. 10/10 for effort and originality but 0/10 as our Cup Final song. Well put together but not really something to belt out at Wembley, I?m afraid.
Derek Turnbull
12   Posted 13/05/2009 at 16:57:19

Not heard it yet as Youtube is banned in work! But I think it?s great that fans make their own songs about Everton ? it all adds to the excitement. Secondly what do fans expect off each when making their own Cup song? Originality? Complex arrangements? FFS. Get a grip and get behind our fellow fans who make the effort to put their love of Blues into song!

Now how about a reworking of Said Shankly to St John set to acoustic but updated with Goslings goal? Said Rafa to Gerrard, come listen my boy, I?ve devised a new plan that you?re sure to enjoy...
Dan Harris
13   Posted 13/05/2009 at 18:00:10

Listen to Bamboo Fringe singing "It?s Everton". It?s on YouTube and should be our Cup Final song by miles.
Graham Smallwood
14   Posted 13/05/2009 at 18:47:26

Pretty poor... video clips were enjoyable tho! GGGOSSLLLLIIINNNNNGGG!!!!!!!!!
Glen Anderson
15   Posted 13/05/2009 at 18:55:42

This is the Bamboo Fringe song that Dan mentioned but it?s also neither here nor there. Both songs are a little bland if you ask me, full marks for trying though:
Joeynkoo Ludden
16   Posted 13/05/2009 at 19:24:49

Was there a tune to that then??
Andrew Presly
17   Posted 13/05/2009 at 21:09:22

Bit harsh boys, it?s not the best but their hearts are in the right place and good video.

"The Leaving Of Goodison" is one of the more epic contenders for the Cup Final song but what?s the word on an official tune?

And where is "All Together Now" (our one) on Youtube?! COYB!
Frank Duffy
18   Posted 13/05/2009 at 22:31:24

’All Together Now’ is the one to sing. Really gets the hair standing on edge and I love it.

And got my tickets for the Final, Great day to be alive.
Matthew Salem
19   Posted 14/05/2009 at 02:20:27

I have no sound here at work and can?t listen to it, but it appears the mob has spoken. So, let?s try something else...
Matt Kassell
20   Posted 14/05/2009 at 02:23:54

This is not an Everton song, it's non-specific, vague lyrics could be about any team ? and are. Search youtube for the band?s name, you?ll find the same song: different videos, different teams.
Nick Entwistle
21   Posted 14/05/2009 at 03:02:36

It's not a bad song, kinda like one of those efforts which acompany reflected moments of teen agnst on Dawson?s Creek or whatever is the equivalent today.

Reminds me of a band, but can?t think which...

Paul Walsh
22   Posted 14/05/2009 at 03:12:03

Ha ha! What a liberty?
Matthew Salem
23   Posted 14/05/2009 at 08:51:12

Okay, now I have sound... and yes, it?s shite. But thanks for the effort though lads, you mean well...
Matt Kassell
24   Posted 14/05/2009 at 10:00:54

Honestly, this is a con - these guys rent this song out to whichever team plays in blue and white. Wouldn’t surprise me if there are versions with other colours too. Get rid.
Nick Entwistle
25   Posted 14/05/2009 at 09:17:43

Saying "United we stand" is a bit much...
Duncan McDine
26   Posted 14/05/2009 at 11:14:34

Thanks for the comments!!! All taken in good sprit, and the verdict is SHITE!!!... my brother is pleased that so many people liked the video he put together for them, but as I don’t know the band personally, I won’t send them a link to this thread!!!!

Cheers ;-)

Come on you Blue Boys
Colin Kirkby
27   Posted 14/05/2009 at 16:44:21

Don’t think much of the song. Try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRRMdxgBLJA&feature=related
David Alexander
28   Posted 14/05/2009 at 22:55:07

What's the story with the Official Song? I heard we had recorded Que sera sera???
Brian Lawlor
29   Posted 15/05/2009 at 08:47:17

This is the best cup final song:

Andy Ellams
30   Posted 15/05/2009 at 09:02:16

This is the best yet. Gotta love the reference to Howard and the redshite. Has a good singalong vibe.
Duncan McDine
31   Posted 15/05/2009 at 09:59:10

Brian, that St. Domingos song is pure class - love it!!!!
Robbie Murphy
32   Posted 16/05/2009 at 11:13:24

St Domingo song is back on youtube, its been re-recorded and it's available to download on the official site. Pure class.
Trevor Thompson
33   Posted 16/05/2009 at 13:00:18

It’s not a song that gets the fans going and want to chant but on the other hand it’s a nice song.