Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Yellow banana skins

I'd rather not think about this, but I just don't know what effect yellow cards in the next two games could have on selection for the Cup Final squad.

Injuries and straight reds are obvious hazards, but what else could happen? Timmy and the Big Fella might be targets for card-happy refs, so could this make any difference to us?

Moyes will have many factors to think about in his team selection for these two fixtures ? can this be one of them?
Keith Glazzard, Fallowfield     Posted 15/05/2009 at 18:26:07

Comments

Ged Simpson
1   Posted 16/05/2009 at 07:30:15

After the loss of such key players this season and the good record we have managed, I reckon if Cahill, The Big Fellai and Pienaar are all out, we will end up winning the cup 3-0 with a record breaking 10-year-old scoring a hat-trick!
Brian Lawlor
2   Posted 16/05/2009 at 08:38:09

Fellaini is 2 yellow cards away from a ban so if he?s booked today he should deffo be left out of Fulham game.

Hopefully Moyes will have learned his lesson after Fellaini missing the Liverpool games.
Nick Entwistle
3   Posted 16/05/2009 at 10:07:03

The race for 5th is not so important as to lose a key member for the Cup final. I’m sure Davey thinks the same, and I’m sure players are wanting to be on their best behaviour. No knocking the ankles of players as they get past a la Nicky Butt... I hate it when he does that.
Kiern Moran
4   Posted 16/05/2009 at 15:19:50

Any links?
Thomas Surgenor
5   Posted 16/05/2009 at 18:17:49

Yellow cards will have no effect on the selection for the FA Cup final.

We're in the immunity stage of the season. Basically after mid-March time, Fellaini could get booked every game and not banned. The accumlative bans stop mid-March I think.
Keith Glazzard
6   Posted 16/05/2009 at 21:52:36

Thom ? it's not as simple as that if a player has already gone over the 5 or 10, which was why I was concerned.

Anyway, no harm done today. And the Big Fella is learning how not to get it wrong with every game. I wonder what Moyes?s team will be next week?