Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Cup Final Beamback

I can't help feel that the club is missing a trick with this, in giving away tickets for free. Don't get me wrong ? as a fan who wants to see the final, I think it's a great move and something that perhaps epitomises the People's Club.

However I can't help but feel that they could have got away with charging £5 - £10, or if they will be opening up all the facilities as well to give the club some much needed extra revenue.

I live down south amongst many Spurs fans and I'm sure they would have opened the gates and paid normal match prices, hence their turnover and spending power.

Despite all that, though, congrats to the club ? I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere and a terrific alternative for those unable to secure a seat at Wembley.
Dave Whitwell, Essex     Posted 21/05/2009 at 05:32:25

Comments

Nick Gartland
1   Posted 21/05/2009 at 13:48:48

Damned if you do and damned if you don?t at Everton, they can?t win.

I don?t think many will go anyway... and if they are charged, even less.
Joe Barnes
2   Posted 21/05/2009 at 14:22:35

I don?t think Everton are allowed to make profit from actually showing the game as it is free to watch on normal TV and they don?t have rights to it etc.

They can?t open up a full stadium and all facilities as it would then become an event needing police and facilities etc which would cost.
Shaun Brennan
3   Posted 21/05/2009 at 14:39:33

Sometimes you just can’t win.
I applaud the club.
Gerry Quinn
4   Posted 21/05/2009 at 18:11:56

I think the club have done brilliantly given the time constraints for organising such an event. I truly wish that I could be anywhere in or near Wembley (or Goodison) instead of 5,000 miles away watching it on crappy Fox Soccer Channel (Sky 4 - USA version!) - just running into the road in Houston like a demented idiot at 10:45 in the morning when we?ve won the Cup would get me serious neighbourly looks and probably arrested or shot at!!!!!

Count yerselves lucky you get the true atmosphere and build up to the game ? especially with the "family" of fans around you........

Gerry Quinn
5   Posted 21/05/2009 at 18:20:47

Hey Aussie Blues, to please the neighbours, do you have to turn the volume down at the time you have to watch it?
Ciaran Duff
6   Posted 21/05/2009 at 22:30:30

Hey Gerry. I think most Aussies are used to watching midweek games in the middle of the night ? 2am, 5am etc on Poxtel. FA Cup is at midnight on free to air on Sat night ? That?s heaven for us!

I?ll be watching on the big screen in Star City in Sydney. It's always good to watch a big game with a crowd. That?s why I think it's great that the club is screening it at Goodison.

Tony Anetts
7   Posted 21/05/2009 at 22:42:12

Gerry - no - it would be un-Australian to complain about someone watching a game of sport - and we are not allowed to have hand guns. EPL games start at anywhere between 2200-2400 (eastern) depending on whether there is a midday kick-off. Most games are 0200. Mid-week games are around 0500-0600 start.

I’llbe getting on a plane on Sun to get to Liverpool, catch some of the vibe and watch the Champions League Final at The Albert in Lark Lane on Wed night before heading to Wembley.
Kenn Crawford
8   Posted 21/05/2009 at 23:15:42

Hey Ciaran. Everton supporters club Australia is holding a FA Cup Final Party at Cheers in George St Sydney we have the whole top floor ? The Blue Zone. It starts at 5:00 pm and goes till who knows when. So mate get yourself down there and watch us beat Chelski with the blue family.

Once Everton has touched you, nothing will ever be the same.
Lenny Nothling
9   Posted 22/05/2009 at 05:14:11

Kenn,

I'll be there at the Cheers Bar on Cup Final day! Looking forward to it and meeting up with some cup winners! COYB!
Joe Smith
10   Posted 27/05/2009 at 18:19:18

Has anyone got a spare ticket for the final Beam Back at Goodison? I’d be more than happy to collect.